The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Soontobesuper
Cant decide whether to sign up to be a Biology mentor, as that is what I got highest in and feel most confident about, or a Chemistry mentor, as that's the subject I enjoy most and I also would like to retake a module in it!

Why not both? :wink: Haha, wish I could do something like that. Sounds fun.

I miss you guys. Tell me everything. How's life? :P
Anyone else running around their house really stressed because they haven't eaten for 2 days, and they have a lot to get done, including a psychology essay and test preparation for next week, even though they missed all of last week's lessons due to work experience and biology coursework field trip, but not having the time to do anything today because they have to go to family's?

No, just me then :unimpressed:
Does anyone know anything about High School Transcript (applying to Cambridge)?
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Anyone else running around their house really stressed because they haven't eaten for 2 days, and they have a lot to get done, including a psychology essay and test preparation for next week, even though they missed all of last week's lessons due to work experience and biology coursework field trip, but not having the time to do anything today because they have to go to family's?

No, just me then :unimpressed:

Aww I hope you're okay! :hugs:

You'll get through it, think about the reason as to why you're doing all this; so you'll end up doing something you love and something that will be so rewarding :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by purplemind
Does anyone know anything about High School Transcript (applying to Cambridge)?

Is that because you didn't sit any GCSEs?
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Is that because you didn't sit any GCSEs?

Exactly. :smile:
They say on the website that if I do A-Levels but I don't have GCSEs, I need the transcript or they won't consider my application.
Original post by Lucy96
Aww I hope you're okay! :hugs:

You'll get through it, think about the reason as to why you're doing all this; so you'll end up doing something you love and something that will be so rewarding :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm good thank you :hugs:

That's really helpful, I managed to get half the essay done today, so I'll just finish it off tomorrow. I think it was really a spur of the moment thing, I'm much better now :smile:
Original post by mynameisntbobk
I'm good thank you :hugs:

That's really helpful, I managed to get half the essay done today, so I'll just finish it off tomorrow. I think it was really a spur of the moment thing, I'm much better now :smile:

Oh lovely to hear :biggrin:

And that's great! :smile: Yeah don't worry, as you know, we all go through moments like that. I'm a terrible one for letting stress get the better of me :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gonna be a busy week...I have 3 days with 6 one hour lessons, no lunch breaks or anything. :sigh: And my PS needs to be finished by Wednesday...fun times!
Original post by usycool1
Gonna be a busy week...I have 3 days with 6 one hour lessons, no lunch breaks or anything. :sigh: And my PS needs to be finished by Wednesday...fun times!

That's intense! I have a max of 5 70 minute lessons.
Have you already done a draft or two?

We're starting equilibrium. I hope it's less dull than last year (repeating le Chatelier's principle over and over again)!
Act so annoyed. Chemistry had told me I had been predcted an A, and I had made my choices, iinc applying to UCL on that. Now I find out that they're giving me a B and my internal deadline is Thursday :/
Original post by ethery
Why not both? :wink: Haha, wish I could do something like that. Sounds fun.

I miss you guys. Tell me everything. How's life? :P

Haha I think that'll be too much. I think I'll go for Biology, as I'd feel mor confident. BUT the maj who tak Bio take chem so I'll say I'll be able to help them out :smile:
Got A*A*A*A* predicted for my subjects :biggrin: (Maths, FM, Econ, Chem).

Those predictions! :gah:, it seems Chemistry turned out fine :smile:
Exactly. :smile:
They say on the website that if I do A-Levels but I don't have GCSEs, I need the transcript or they won't consider my application.

Ask the school you went to for the years equivalent to GCSE for your transcript and they should send it to you no problem. It's just an official document of your marks. At least, that's the logical answer but I may be wrong :smile:
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Those predictions! :gah:, it seems Chemistry turned out fine :smile:

Yep. My Chem teacher asked me that I could retake the Unit 2 exam to get higher UMS but what's the point? I got an A and it doesn't matter anymore. :biggrin:
Original post by Siena4996
Ask the school you went to for the years equivalent to GCSE for your transcript and they should send it to you no problem. It's just an official document of your marks. At least, that's the logical answer but I may be wrong :smile:

I have the certificate, so I don't need to contact the school (I think). Head of 6th Form told me that I will have to translate it and somebody from school will have to write a letter confirming it or something like this.

:O Awesome! best of luck meeting them :cool:
Original post by Robbie242
:O Awesome! best of luck meeting them :cool:

Thanks. :biggrin:
It might be a bit challenging but I will try.
Original post by Lucy96
Oh lovely to hear :biggrin:

And that's great! :smile: Yeah don't worry, as you know, we all go through moments like that. I'm a terrible one for letting stress get the better of me :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's true :smile: just feel awkward that I let it go to me. Today was even more stressful and I have a lot of work to do (including UCAS stuff for Friday :s-smilie:) but I'm not actually that stressed
Found out today I'm being predicted an A* in maths :biggrin: I didn't even get 90% UMS at AS!!

Plus I read my reference. Biology are really selling me :colondollar: they also mentioned I got above 90% in all units :colondollar:

Latest