The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Went to a hockey game last night. During the intermission a group of 5 year olds played, they were so incredibly cute in their little skates and pads :tongue: I never normally feel broody but seeing those kids made me realize how much I want to be a parent. My wife and I have agreed none until I'm off the medication and also once we have decent jobs so I'm gonna have to wait a few years yet. Lowering the haldol isn't going so well, I've spent all day in bed avoiding the living room where the walls are louder, now on my laptop in bed feeling really scared and useless.
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you so much :smile:

Kind of relating to what I said in my post on the other thread, I'm starting to feel incredibly threatened and scared by people banging on the flat door. I think one of the halls representatives was banging on my actual room door earlier, but I'd been crying my eyes out and I didn't want anyone to see that. I don't know how they got into the flat, but they were trying to find people to go out clubbing. Waah :frown:

Aw no. :frown: :console: Why are they banging on your door? :hugs: Is clubbing not your thing? Really hoping they stop soon for you. :yes: Remember you can keep posting in here- someone is usually up. I know it always makes me feel alot safer. :smile: :hugs:
Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth
That's a cute smiley and one I've never seen before :tongue:
I like any music really. I listened to the song - it's so cheery and nice to listen to.
Oh gosh that seems like a very difficult thing to do - my ears could hardly keep up with it :biggrin:

It's my favourite. :biggrin:
Glad you like it! :smile: I'm a big fan- have all their albums on my mp3 player. It usually cheers me up/calms me down. :yep:
Yeah, I doubt I'll ever be able to. :colondollar: But it's something to aim for. :tongue:

Original post by IDukem
This is what happens when two shy people want to speak to one another...they don't haha :redface: It's a huge pleasure to talk to you too :grin: :hugs:
It's worth a shot! So...if it means that you;re the best in the world at picking up a pencil, at least you acknowledge you;re good at something haha. Do it for like 5 minutes and you may find yourself having a little more confidence and maybe laughing at yourself in a good way :h:
For now i'm doing content so neither happy or not happy :smile: How about you? :hugs:

Psst, check your rep bit on TSR homepage :mmm:

Yeah exactly. :colondollar: :five: Sucks to be shy. :tongue:
I'll definitely give it a go. :yep:
Glad you're okay! :hugs: I'm panicking slightly about having to go into school tomorrow. :s-smilie: It's only for a couple of hours and I wont be in classes but it's making me feel sick just thinking about it. :frown:
Psst, check yours... :ninja2:
Original post by asdfgah
Thanks guys - I really appreciate the offers. Will send one/some/all of you stuff at some point if I actually have the guts. Currently being all "oh. er. maybe not. m
aybe yes. not sure. scared". lol.

I can't believe you're insulted by being called nice :tongue: but yeah I've sent you it. but will you rip it apart just to prove you're not really so nice? :tongue:

dooooooooooooo!
Reply 7763
Original post by tasha96

Yeah exactly. :colondollar: :five: Sucks to be shy. :tongue:
I'll definitely give it a go. :yep:
Glad you're okay! :hugs: I'm panicking slightly about having to go into school tomorrow. :s-smilie: It's only for a couple of hours and I wont be in classes but it's making me feel sick just thinking about it. :frown:
Psst, check yours... :ninja2:

Go us shy folk :five: :grin:
Yeah and tell me what you think...now that we're talking to each other :wink:
Thank you!! :hugs: Aww noooo, could you not inform the teachers or head of sixth form (I assume that's where you are) that you're not feeling well? What I did when I was having an off day (I wasn't suffering from depression back then), i'd sit quietly by myself with music in my ears and try to do work :smile: If you're not in classes, perhaps you could try that or something that could make you feel more at ease. I hope you have a great day tomorrow hun :hugs: You can always pm me if you need a chat too :h:

Psst, I did and it made me smile like a Cheshire cat. I think me and you will get along juuuuuust fine :smile:
Original post by IDukem
Go us shy folk :five: :grin:
Yeah and tell me what you think...now that we're talking to each other :wink:
Thank you!! :hugs: Aww noooo, could you not inform the teachers or head of sixth form (I assume that's where you are) that you're not feeling well? What I did when I was having an off day (I wasn't suffering from depression back then), i'd sit quietly by myself with music in my ears and try to do work :smile: If you're not in classes, perhaps you could try that or something that could make you feel more at ease. I hope you have a great day tomorrow hun :hugs: You can always pm me if you need a chat too :h:

Psst, I did and it made me smile like a Cheshire cat. I think me and you will get along juuuuuust fine :smile:

I definitely will. :yep: Have written myself a note to remind me to do it. :colondollar:
Yeah I'm in sixth year. :smile: (final year of high school up here). They already know I'm not coping. :s-smilie: That's why I'm only in for two hours in the pupil support classroom (which will have one, maybe two other people and a teacher or two. That's a plus because then it's not as embarassing/unfair on others if I start crying or something. :s-smilie: It was suggested that I take a packet of cards in so I can try that if I'm not up to doing anything else. I think I might do that. :smile: Just feeling so sick about it all. :sad:
Thank you. :hugs: Hope you have a good day too! :smile: What are you up to tomorrow? :ninja:
:ahee: :five: :hugs:
Reply 7765
Original post by Sabertooth
Went to a hockey game last night. During the intermission a group of 5 year olds played, they were so incredibly cute in their little skates and pads :tongue: I never normally feel broody but seeing those kids made me realize how much I want to be a parent. My wife and I have agreed none until I'm off the medication and also once we have decent jobs so I'm gonna have to wait a few years yet. Lowering the haldol isn't going so well, I've spent all day in bed avoiding the living room where the walls are louder, now on my laptop in bed feeling really scared and useless.

I'm sure you'd make an excellent parent! Thinking about that and the future may help you come off the haldol :smile:
Was looking forward to doing some stargazing tonight, until I got told I weren't allowed to go out with no good reason not too - I only wanted to stand in the garden and look at the sky. I'd been looking forward to it all week long. Thanks parents for screwing up my perfectly lovely evening.

Aw no. :frown: :jumphug:
Is there something else you can do you enjoy to take your mind off it? :smile:
Reply 7767
Was looking forward to doing some stargazing tonight, until I got told I weren't allowed to go out with no good reason not too - I only wanted to stand in the garden and look at the sky. I'd been looking forward to it all week long. Thanks parents for screwing up my perfectly lovely evening.

That sucks.. hate it when plans are ruined/changed suddenly! Why wont they let you? Could you maybe look through your window.. I know its not the same but next best thing? :colondollar:
Reply 7768
They said they were going to bed and that I had to as well. They totally did it on purpose cause they've been staying up till 11 every night for 2 weeks, and now they go to bed a whole hour earlier. I am going to sneak downstairs and look out the window there - my blinds in the way in my room.

That's not very nice :frown: Well I hope you get to see some stars from your window anyway :smile: I find them really calming and pretty to look at, although I cant say I'm into astrology :P
I'm going to gaze out my window instead - not really as good but still better than nothing.

:hugs:
That sounds like a plan. :smile: Is it a nice clear night for it where you are?
Reply 7770
I can see some it's quite relaxing. Literally the only thing that makes me happy right now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:smile: Glad you have something :smile: you seem like you deserve some happiness!
I wish I didn't feel so alone. I can't cope. The pain I feel is so strong it's just overwhelming. Does anyone else get like this? But everything seems so bleak.
Reply 7772
Original post by JessicaBlue94
I wish I didn't feel so alone. I can't cope. The pain I feel is so strong it's just overwhelming. Does anyone else get like this? But everything seems so bleak.

Have you spoken to a doctor or a family member/close friend about it? I feel like this quite often and have been diagnosed with clinical depression. Please don't give up, you can do this! And your not alone, the mental health thread contributors on TSR are a friendly and helpful bunch :grouphugs:
Original post by 05autyt
Have you spoken to a doctor or a family member/close friend about it? I feel like this quite often and have been diagnosed with clinical depression. Please don't give up, you can do this! And your not alone, the mental health thread contributors on TSR are a friendly and helpful bunch :grouphugs:

This. :yep:

Reply 7774
Original post by tasha96
This. :yep:

How are you doing?
Original post by tasha96
Aw no. :frown: :console: Why are they banging on your door? :hugs: Is clubbing not your thing? Really hoping they stop soon for you. :yes: Remember you can keep posting in here- someone is usually up. I know it always makes me feel alot safer. :smile: :hugs:

Clubbing is my literal idea of hell! I was told on another thread that the banging is because they just want to get people involved, and it dies down after Freshers - thank god!! :colondollar: Really not great for shy people like me, though. At my sixth form, while I was still introverted, I always spoke my mind and could be very very confident when I wanted to be! I really didn't think I'd be so terribly nervous, afraid and upset living in halls. My mum told me I wouldn't like it and she was right. I don't have any other options though, can't afford to rent a flat alone. I'll give it 6 weeks (my halls don't listen to any accommodation problems before then, they say we need to give it time) and reassess the situation. It's very early days, I'm just saddened by the way I feel right now. It's such acute pain :frown:

Will definitely keep posting in here. Thanks for the hugs :hugs:
Original post by 05autyt
How are you doing?

I'm feeling really sick with nerves but the voices are quiet tonight, but that's because I fell back on a not so healthy coping strategy. :frown: Feeling really guilty now.
How are you? :smile: Hope you're having a nice night. :hugs:

Original post by Anonymous
Clubbing is my literal idea of hell! I was told on another thread that the banging is because they just want to get people involved, and it dies down after Freshers - thank god!! :colondollar: Really not great for shy people like me, though. At my sixth form, while I was still introverted, I always spoke my mind and could be very very confident when I wanted to be! I really didn't think I'd be so terribly nervous, afraid and upset living in halls. My mum told me I wouldn't like it and she was right. I don't have any other options though, can't afford to rent a flat alone. I'll give it 6 weeks (my halls don't listen to any accommodation problems before then, they say we need to give it time) and reassess the situation. It's very early days, I'm just saddened by the way I feel right now. It's such acute pain :frown:

Will definitely keep posting in here. Thanks for the hugs :hugs:

Ah, it's my idea of hell too. :colondollar: :five: Really hope it all calms down for you soon. :hugs: Are there other ways of meeting people that might suit a shyer person, like through clubs and societies and stuff? :smile:
Really worried about certain bad things creeping back into my thoughts :frown:

Not too sure how to explsin certain freakings out but im trying to ignore it as dont want to upset my boyfriend but i panik rverytime :sad:

Hate freaking and pannicin but dunno what to do about it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PonchoKid
Really worried about certain bad things creeping back into my thoughts :frown:

Not too sure how to explsin certain freakings out but im trying to ignore it as dont want to upset my boyfriend but i panik rverytime :sad:

Hate freaking and pannicin but dunno what to do about it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:jumphug:
Is there anything that you find calming that you could do that might help even just a little bit? Like deep breathing or listening to music? :hugs:
Original post by tasha96
:jumphug:
Is there anything that you find calming that you could do that might help even just a little bit? Like deep breathing or listening to music? :hugs:

I'm currently sat in bed watching inbetween ears with my boyfriend, not sure why he loves and puts up with me because I'm just a messed up failure.
Just feel so crap, hormones are being ****, bad thoughts are coming back, freak every time my boyfriend touches me in a certain place (not sexual, but on my waist) and I just want to cry

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest