The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7780
Guys we have a new member is our family who has mental issues, she's living with us and she's well quite different, I have no idea what is wrong with her but it's like she's sort of silent, and she takes pill etc, how do i deal with someone with mental issues, she's also said stuff like slapping me and siblings, I found it upsetting and it made me angry, but I didn't react it to it this time, my parents never would hit us, so I don't get what her problem is etc, how do I deal with it? I feel really uncomfortable with her, she's taking liking to me sister, my baby brother, and my other brother who is apparently 'the most handsome', and left me and my other brother who I don't think she likes. I remember I was being friendly saying 'hello, how are you, your welcome, would you like a snack'. And the first thing she said was you've gone really fat, I don't know but it pissed me off, she also said it to my other brother she doesn't like and I don't know, I won't allow her to do this kind of stuff, but if I re act I know I will be a in very Big **** with my parents..

So what can I do?

I understands she has mental issues to.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by PonchoKid
I'm currently sat in bed watching inbetween ears with my boyfriend, not sure why he loves and puts up with me because I'm just a messed up failure.
Just feel so crap, hormones are being ****, bad thoughts are coming back, freak every time my boyfriend touches me in a certain place (not sexual, but on my waist) and I just want to cry

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad you have him there with you. :hugs: You're not a messed up failure at all, you're kind, lovely and quite frankly amazing. :yep:
Remember what you were telling me- crying is good! :smile: Can totally understand the not wanting to cry infront of people though. :frown: :console:
Original post by tasha96
Glad you have him there with you. :hugs: You're not a messed up failure at all, you're kind, lovely and quite frankly amazing. :yep:
Remember what you were telling me- crying is good! :smile: Can totally understand the not wanting to cry infront of people though. :frown: :console:

He's far too good to me!
I really am, freak out when my boyfriend touches my waist (bad bad past and has bad memories :frown: )
I nearly cried earlier, cried twice last night, and luckily not cried tonight yet, but there's still time I guess :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
He's far too good to me!
I really am, freak out when my boyfriend touches my waist (bad bad past and has bad memories :frown: )
I nearly cried earlier, cried twice last night, and luckily not cried tonight yet, but there's still time I guess :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're not. :nah: Wouldn't say it if it wasn't true. :hugs:
It's okay to cry. :smile: It acts as a vent and lets everything out in a safe way. (I cry ALL the time btw, so this isn't just me babbering on :tongue: ). :hugs:
Original post by tasha96
You're not. :nah: Wouldn't say it if it wasn't true. :hugs:
It's okay to cry. :smile: It acts as a vent and lets everything out in a safe way. (I cry ALL the time btw, so this isn't just me babbering on :tongue: ). :hugs:

I am i just duno what to do :frown:

Hes too nice, were gonna play COD zombies so that should keep my mind occupied :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Welcome to extra-new newbies :biggrin:

Original post by superwolf
How holiday? :teeth:

It's going well thanks! Been there since Thursday lunchtime and the voices only popped up for the first time on holiday today. Feeling quite tired due to overeating :colondollar:
Last night in my own bed before I go to uni. :O
Pretty much my only worry at the moment is what side of the room my bed is on. Silly right? I went to have a talk to the hall manager or whoever about my... Special needs though and it seemed like she'd be able to accommodate me rather well.
Don't get to find out where I'm staying till I get there on the day. All I know at the moment is what hall I'm in.

Freshers events look alright and, although its not as good as face to face, skypeing my boyfriend is good and its making me less nervous too (he's already at his uni and doing fine). :smile:

One more day till I move into my new home for the next year and meet my flat mates.

Alonsy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had a **** sleep, oposite sleeping pattern to my boyfriend, freaking out about uni stuff hoping i find out today, just blahhhh

Grumpy poncho :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7788
Ok I've got an issue I need serious help with. Those of you who know me know how much I adore my cat Wispa, how he keeps me calm and grounded. Truth is, he keeps me safe and if I didn't have him then who knows where I would be.

Trouble is we have an estate agent inspection today and they don't know about him. For all the past inspections we have managed to completely decatify the house and take him out. I've even been up in the loft with him. Yes it's wrong, but I couldn't bear it if they said we can't have him. I'm never going to get rid of him - I love him way too much. He's everything to me.

But now Scott is here, and my partner will be at work. I'm just too stressed to have to deal with hiding Wispa as well. I'm close to having a panic attack. I know what we are doing is incredibly wrong but I need Wispa more than anything. I need him. He's so ****ing important I can't express it enough. I just want to tell them about him.

He doesn't make a mess or destroy anything. The problem with the damp, which they still haven't fixed despite it being there since before we moved in and affecting other properties in the building, is causing far more damage than Wispa ever will. I can't go on hiding him forever. Not with Scott. I am so ****ing scared right now. I don't know what to do.
Original post by HmMusic
Ok I've got an issue I need serious help with. Those of you who know me know how much I adore my cat Wispa, how he keeps me calm and grounded. Truth is, he keeps me safe and if I didn't have him then who knows where I would be.

Trouble is we have an estate agent inspection today and they don't know about him. For all the past inspections we have managed to completely decatify the house and take him out. I've even been up in the loft with him. Yes it's wrong, but I couldn't bear it if they said we can't have him. I'm never going to get rid of him - I love him way too much. He's everything to me.

But now Scott is here, and my partner will be at work. I'm just too stressed to have to deal with hiding Wispa as well. I'm close to having a panic attack. I know what we are doing is incredibly wrong but I need Wispa more than anything. I need him. He's so ****ing important I can't express it enough. I just want to tell them about him.

He doesn't make a mess or destroy anything. The problem with the damp, which they still haven't fixed despite it being there since before we moved in and affecting other properties in the building, is causing far more damage than Wispa ever will. I can't go on hiding him forever. Not with Scott. I am so ****ing scared right now. I don't know what to do.

Could you get the unit to write the agent a letter explaining that you need a cat for MH reasons?
I think superwolf has done something similar? I know it doesnt help with todays visit, but maybe in the long run?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7790
Original post by tasha96
I definitely will. :yep: Have written myself a note to remind me to do it. :colondollar:
Yeah I'm in sixth year. :smile: (final year of high school up here). They already know I'm not coping. :s-smilie: That's why I'm only in for two hours in the pupil support classroom (which will have one, maybe two other people and a teacher or two. That's a plus because then it's not as embarassing/unfair on others if I start crying or something. :s-smilie: It was suggested that I take a packet of cards in so I can try that if I'm not up to doing anything else. I think I might do that. :smile: Just feeling so sick about it all. :sad:
Thank you. :hugs: Hope you have a good day too! :smile: What are you up to tomorrow? :ninja:
:ahee: :five: :hugs:

N'aww that's sweet :h: I hope it works :smile:
I just checked your profile (:ninja:) and you're from Scotland so they do things a little different to England haha. So that must make you 18...I believe? It might be 17 actually...I don't know, i'm bad at maths :colondollar: Oh I get ya! That seems a little better than a normal classroom with people :smile: I wouldn't say it was unfair on others you think they'd understand, but it would be embarrassing...well it was in my case :redface: yeah them pack of cards to make you preoccupied :biggrin: Here's some hugs for support :hugs: :jumphug: :hugs:
I woke up feeling crap, but i'll try and be positive today even if it might be a struggle :redface: I have a day off so I won't be doing that much :smile: I just wish you all the best for today!! I believe in you :h:

:hugs: :grin: :hugs:
Original post by tasha96
Ah, it's my idea of hell too. :colondollar: :five: Really hope it all calms down for you soon. :hugs: Are there other ways of meeting people that might suit a shyer person, like through clubs and societies and stuff? :smile:

:five: Thanks :smile: There are, there's a society sign-up day this Wednesday which I'm going to go to! I'm interested in the cake decorating soc, as long as it fits into my timetable.

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Welcome to extra-new newbies :biggrin:

It's going well thanks! Been there since Thursday lunchtime and the voices only popped up for the first time on holiday today. Feeling quite tired due to overeating :colondollar:

Thanks for the welcome! :biggrin:

At the moment I'm having a problem with undereating (if that's a word - the red line underneath tells me it is not :tongue:). Since I came to uni three days ago I have eaten a bowl of fries, a pizza, two slices of toast and a packet of crisps. I'm going to have to freeze my bread before it goes off!

My lovely boyfriend has offered to visit me this week but I'm not sure if it's a good idea since I'm going to feel even worse when he leaves. I told him I'd decide today, but I still don't have an answer yet - I miss him SO much, and I really need a cuddle, but I just don't think I'll cope with the goodbye. I hate Freshers week :emo:
Reply 7792
Ive so much to do today but i can't make myself get outta bed :sad: The thing is most of it isn't even that bad, but the more i think about how much there is the more i really cant move. :emo:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7793
So I had my first lecture :tongue:. And already got work to do now :sad: Also found it very hard to get out of bed in the morning, I really don't want my previous problems regarding timekeeping to resurface again. Ever since these problems started I've found that I get periods of time where I feel blank and could just sit there for ages without realising. That happens a lot in the mornings and because of that I had to get up slightly earlier towards the end of Year 13 which was a shame as I'd been waking up at the same time for ages. Also managed to randomly have cloudy weather here again which is making me feel low again.

Hopefully everyone else is doing better :smile: :yep: :grouphugs:
I am very upset today, I was due my SAAS funding 3 weeks ago and have not heard back and so got hold of the course leader today who said I was removed from course for non attendance.

What has happened was I HAVE been attending bar 1 or 2 9am lectures as to get to those have to wake up 6.30am to get there and then after 10am have until 1pm to wait for a 2nd lecture so spent that time getting a lie in and doing the work at home so 3 lectures I have missed.

The big issue is I am not on the attendance system as was a late starter so the lecturers could not log me into lectures which then as I am not logged shows me as not attending.

So I have been withdrawn with no phone calls or letters, I can handle not going but means I cannot claim benefits for the month and have council tax to pay
Original post by HmMusic

Options:
- pretend you're looking after the cat for a friend
- persuade Scott to cry so much they want out the house as soon as possible :tongue:
- get a letter from your psychiatrist saying Wispa is essential to your mental wellbeing (service cat)

I can see why you're worried, but this inspection still has the potential to go absolutely fine. :hugs:

Could you get the unit to write the agent a letter explaining that you need a cat for MH reasons?
I think superwolf has done something similar? I know it doesnt help with todays visit, but maybe in the long run?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was Saber on my advice actually. :smile:
Options:
- pretend you're looking after the cat for a friend
- persuade Scott to cry so much they want out the house as soon as possible :tongue:
- get a letter from your psychiatrist saying Wispa is essential to your mental wellbeing (service cat)

I can see why you're worried, but this inspection still has the potential to go absolutely fine. :hugs:

It was Saber on my advice actually. :smile:

Did you not also do it for the mouses??
If not ignore me cos i lie :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did you not also do it for the mouses??
If not ignore me cos i lie :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, my landlord's nice about pets and isn't bothered, especially since they're kept in a cage so are unlikely to do much damage.
Blah. I had therapy during school hours today, and even 4mg diazepam couldn't stave off the anxiety and emotional exhaustion that it provoked. I left school early, and am currently hid g out in a coffee shop.

my school psychologist has taken to calling my diagnosis "emotional dysregulation disorder" rather than "borderline personality disorder". I know he means it to be kind, but I find it patronising and belittling. It makes me feel wekas. My previous diagnostic label makes me feel as if I am truly ill; this new appellation makes me feel as if it is merely a character flaw that, were I a better person, I would not have. :frown:
Nah, my landlord's nice about pets and isn't bothered, especially since they're kept in a cage so are unlikely to do much damage.

Then I lie :tongue:

Hope your ok :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest