This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PonchoKid
Then I lie :tongue:

Hope your ok :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm good thanks. :smile: Just getting my caffeine levels optimal so I can start work for the day. :tongue: Hope you're alright now too (think I saw you had trouble sleeping or something?).
Original post by superwolf
I'm good thanks. :smile: Just getting my caffeine levels optimal so I can start work for the day. :tongue: Hope you're alright now too (think I saw you had trouble sleeping or something?).

You can do it!! :smile:
Always struggling sleeping, super hormonal but I'm plodding along obsessing over checking uni emails for news!

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can do it!! :smile:
Always struggling sleeping, super hormonal but I'm plodding along obsessing over checking uni emails for news!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope they tell you soon! :hugs: I'm waiting for my exam result with increasing impatience - the whole uni system appears to have crashed today, which is often a sign that results are out... :lol:
Hope they tell you soon! :hugs: I'm waiting for my exam result with increasing impatience - the whole uni system appears to have crashed today, which is often a sign that results are out... :lol:

Knowing my luck they'll tell me on Friday which is annoying!
Good old uni systems haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's me, the miserable uni fresher again (I think I'm anon #49). I was going to go to the student union alone today to ask some questions, but met up with a flatmate in the kitchen who said she was going there with some girls from another flat. I asked if I could come and she said yes. We went over to this other flat and the moment I got there, I wanted to run away. These girls seemed very outgoing and from the get-go, told me I should come clubbing tonight. I sort of just smiled and mouthed "yeah" even though inside I was dying, there's no way I'm going to some horrible foam party. They all act like best friends already and we've only been at halls for two nights. Constant talk of alcohol and what happened at the club last night. I got away from the group as soon as possible, met up with a guy from my flat who is much calmer and we went back on the buses together. Just got in and I'm in floods of tears, I can't deal with this, I really can't :cry: I don't know where to turn. Do unis offer counselling in Freshers week at all?

Original post by avhhs
So I had my first lecture :tongue:. And already got work to do now :sad: Also found it very hard to get out of bed in the morning, I really don't want my previous problems regarding timekeeping to resurface again. Ever since these problems started I've found that I get periods of time where I feel blank and could just sit there for ages without realising. That happens a lot in the mornings and because of that I had to get up slightly earlier towards the end of Year 13 which was a shame as I'd been waking up at the same time for ages. Also managed to randomly have cloudy weather here again which is making me feel low again.

Hopefully everyone else is doing better :smile: :yep: :grouphugs:

How was the lecture? I can't wait for mine to start, I have an induction tomorrow which I'm really looking forward to. Cloudy weather has been making me feel bad too, it's been making the rough area around my halls look even worse, but it's sunny today and I'm unfortunately still sad.
I got my extenuating circumstances :biggrin: :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

PRSOM :sigh:

:yay: :woo: :crazy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Amazing. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 7808

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yayayay! So happy for you!
Original post by IDukem
N'aww that's sweet :h: I hope it works :smile:
I just checked your profile (:ninja:) and you're from Scotland so they do things a little different to England haha. So that must make you 18...I believe? It might be 17 actually...I don't know, i'm bad at maths :colondollar: Oh I get ya! That seems a little better than a normal classroom with people :smile: I wouldn't say it was unfair on others you think they'd understand, but it would be embarrassing...well it was in my case :redface: yeah them pack of cards to make you preoccupied :biggrin: Here's some hugs for support :hugs: :jumphug: :hugs:
I woke up feeling crap, but i'll try and be positive today even if it might be a struggle :redface: I have a day off so I won't be doing that much :smile: I just wish you all the best for today!! I believe in you :h:

:hugs: :grin: :hugs:

I didn't manage it this morning because I was hiding in bed. :sad: Didn't make it into school today. :frown:
Yeah, we do everything different just to be confusing. :tongue: I'm 17. :yep:
It is a LOT better than being in normal classes. So much less embarassing if I cry/freak out. :sadnod:
Ha yeah, I will definitely have my pack of cards tomorrow. :yep: (And I AM going in tomorrow)
Thank you :hugs:
How has your day been? :smile: Sorry you're not feeling so good. :console:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay! :yay: So chuffed for you! :hugs:
PRSOM. :sad:
Reply 7810
Original post by tasha96
I'm feeling really sick with nerves but the voices are quiet tonight, but that's because I fell back on a not so healthy coping strategy. :frown: Feeling really guilty now.
How are you? :smile: Hope you're having a nice night. :hugs:

Oh I hope today went well for you hun! I'm glad the voices were quiet though.. although not so great about the unhealthy coping strategies, although I do that myself (hypocrite :L)... Meh not too great, had the doctors today and he said the uni had been in contact with him about if I was ok to go :redface: but I think he said I was... it was weird, he is no longer my doctor and i've only just started really trusting him.. I dont know how I feel, but I have a feeling uni is going to be really bad for my mental health and ED and im not even sure if I care that much.. argh confused!
Reply 7811
Original post by tasha96
I didn't manage it this morning because I was hiding in bed. :sad: Didn't make it into school today. :frown:
Yeah, we do everything different just to be confusing. :tongue: I'm 17. :yep:
It is a LOT better than being in normal classes. So much less embarassing if I cry/freak out. :sadnod:
Ha yeah, I will definitely have my pack of cards tomorrow. :yep: (And I AM going in tomorrow)
Thank you :hugs:
How has your day been? :smile: Sorry you're not feeling so good. :console:

It's all right!! You may have not gotten into school, but there's always tomorrow and besides, we want you feeling as good as you can be and if it means not going into school that day, then that's fine :h:
It's Scotland's way of annoying us :tongue:
That's good to hear!! :h: At least you'll be with people who are supportive if/when you do cry/freak out and that's what matters :hugs:
Wooo go pack of cards :biggrin: Naawww man I believe in you!! You can do this and i'm sure that when you go to school tomorrow, you'll kick so much a$$ :grin:
I've been feeling crap all day pretty much. I don't know why though...I can put my finger on it :sad: But I do try to keep myself together at the seems...honestly :smile:

How are you right now? :hugs:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
PRSOM :sigh:

:yay: :woo: :crazy:

Amazing. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Original post by 05autyt
Yayayay! So happy for you!

Original post by tasha96
Yay! :yay: So chuffed for you! :hugs: PRSOM. :sad:

thankyou guys :smile: got stuff to sort out, but ill do it, and i WILL get my degree :smile:
Reply 7813
Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth
Is it bad to extensively plan everything in life?

I try to plan everything as much as possible and it really upsets me when things in the plan have to be changed etc.. So I think it can be detrimental yes, you just have to try and control it although I know thats hard.. Hope you are ok after the panic attack :redface:
Annoying newbie again - found out that my uni's counselling service has a waiting list, and you have to fill out all sorts of forms to even get on this list. There's no drop-in service or immediate support (well, there is, but I am not currently a danger to myself so that is ruled out). Is this common at universities?

However, what I have been able to do today is speak to a representative of my halls. She came into my room and I had a talk with her about severe homesickness and how down I am feeling. That helped a little but now my boyfriend is being off with me. I think he feels bad because he wasn't able to offer much specific advice (he does not go to uni) and he seems upset that I've only started feeling slightly better after talking to this other girl, rather than feeling better after talking to him - what can I say to him? :frown:

:bawling: Had 2 panic attacks - really bad and worse than usual. Spent all day terrified that something was going to trigger more of them. I had 1 during the night as well. :frown: I couldn't breathe!

Really sorry to hear that - I am not a sufferer myself, but I had a friend at school who suffered severe panic attacks and they were frightening to even witness, so I cannot imagine how bad it feels for the person having the actual attack. Take care of yourself :hugs:
Just started uni, already spiralling. Tried to get involved but got off to a bad start with my parents throwing me and my things out of the car for no reason. Also been told I can't switch to the course I now want to do. On top of that I only have one outfit to wear which is already starting to smell. I've tried to talk to my flatmates and be sociable but as I expected they seem to be slowly strangling communication with me, telling me they're not well and won't be going out then doing so and generally giving short answers to stifle talking. Seeing a counsellor sometime but thoughts are beginning to creep in that it really isn't worth all of this stress...completely alone, no energy and riddled with angst.
Aw thank you :smile:. Mine aren't that bad, but lately I feel like I'm panicking about everything. I'm literally sitting here thinking of a million things at once and worrying about all of them. I feel very overwhelmed lately. I have luckily only ever had to go to hospital once with a panic attack, though I've had worse ones than that and I just stayed at home. They didn't do anything there.

As for your above issue, I can't really help considering I'm not at uni, but is there any way you could go to your gp, and see if you could get some way of getting help faster. It's good that the rep helped you, but as for your boyfriend I'm sure he will understand eventually, even if it takes a bit of time, that he won't always be able to offer the most help. I'm sure he'll come round - he might just need a while :hugs:

In bold is how I've been feeling since I arrived at uni - earlier it was so bad I felt like my chest was being crushed by a huge weight. I can definitely relate to feeling overwhelmed, moving away from home has been a massive shock to my system! Do you mean the hospital did nothing? :console:

Thanks for the advice :smile: I think I'm going to give it a little while and see how I feel, but earlier today I desperately felt like I was going mad; I'm just shocked at how badly uni has affected me in such a short period of time. :frown: Boyfriend won't admit that he is annoyed/upset, despite the fact that he clearly is. Grr! The last thing I want to do is upset everyone else, makes me feel worse! I think he'll come round too, it's just that he has supported me well with a lot of things over the years and is maybe feeling like he is suddenly not good enough.
Original post by Anonymous
Just started uni, already spiralling. Tried to get involved but got off to a bad start with my parents throwing me and my things out of the car for no reason. Also been told I can't switch to the course I now want to do. On top of that I only have one outfit to wear which is already starting to smell. I've tried to talk to my flatmates and be sociable but as I expected they seem to be slowly strangling communication with me, telling me they're not well and won't be going out then doing so and generally giving short answers to stifle talking. Seeing a counsellor sometime but thoughts are beginning to creep in that it really isn't worth all of this stress...completely alone, no energy and riddled with angst.

Sorry to hear you are having a bad time at uni too. Why have the uni told you that you can't switch? :console: I'm assuming you live in halls - does your complex have any form of staff around the building? I am living in a privately owned halls so the structure might be different for you. If there are any staff, I'm sure they would be more than willing to help you find a way to wash your clothes.

I definitely relate to you in terms of one of my flatmates, when I met her she said that she hated going out and didn't drink yet she has been going clubbing every night and doing shots :s-smilie: However, if you can manage it without getting very upset, it might be worth mentioning to your flatmates that you are struggling. This evening I spoke individually with two of my flatmates and told them I'd been suffering severe homesickness, and to my honest surprise they did not treat me like I was pathetic. They seemed to gain an understanding of why I am not going out and they seemed to sympathise a little.

I hope you have a lovely evening tonight, whatever you decide to do :smile:
Reply 7818
oh right I have OCD anyway so I plan like crazy just naturally. Literally I've detailed plans for the next year, and the year after as well - with some bullet points of things that could change, and what I can do if they happen to change - that way I don't get panicky if they change. Then I've kind of got a rough plan for the next 10 years. It sounds so awful I know - and I think I should plan less but I can't help it. I really need to stop planning - it would make stuff easier I think. Aw thanks :hugs:. I'm ok - it was a bit of a shock to have so many bad ones in one day, but I'm ok now.

Oh I see :smile: I havent planned that much at all... I dont know if it helps you stay calm it could be good? Not really my area of expertise, I'm more planning what I do each day to the minute sometimes, and planning exactly what I can and cant eat. Yeah it did sound awful having so many, I hate panic attacks they are the worse, although I have never had more than one in a day.. must have been horrific :frown: glad you are feeling better now though :smile:
Original post by 05autyt
Oh I hope today went well for you hun! I'm glad the voices were quiet though.. although not so great about the unhealthy coping strategies, although I do that myself (hypocrite :L)... Meh not too great, had the doctors today and he said the uni had been in contact with him about if I was ok to go :redface: but I think he said I was... it was weird, he is no longer my doctor and i've only just started really trusting him.. I dont know how I feel, but I have a feeling uni is going to be really bad for my mental health and ED and im not even sure if I care that much.. argh confused!

Thank you. :hugs: I didn't make it in. :sad: Will definitely try again tomorrow though. :smile:
That's good that you're able to trust him though! :smile:
Do you think you'll be able to keep an eye on it and act quickly if you see things getting worse? :hugs:

Original post by IDukem
It's all right!! You may have not gotten into school, but there's always tomorrow and besides, we want you feeling as good as you can be and if it means not going into school that day, then that's fine :h:
It's Scotland's way of annoying us :tongue:
That's good to hear!! :h: At least you'll be with people who are supportive if/when you do cry/freak out and that's what matters :hugs:
Wooo go pack of cards :biggrin: Naawww man I believe in you!! You can do this and i'm sure that when you go to school tomorrow, you'll kick so much a$$ :grin:
I've been feeling crap all day pretty much. I don't know why though...I can put my finger on it :sad: But I do try to keep myself together at the seems...honestly :smile:

How are you right now? :hugs:

Thanks. :colondollar: :hugs: Will definitely try again tomorrow. :yep: Just hoping I manage, because they'll all start to worry if I'm off too much. :s-smilie:
Yeah, we're good at that. :tongue:
Yeah. :smile: They're so lovely to me, and don't seem to mind if I cry on them. :colondollar:
Aw no. :frown: :console: Is there anything you can do that will take your mind off things, even if it's only for a wee while? :hugs:
I'm okay. :woo: Had a friend over for a couple of hours (we were originally going into town for coffee but there's no way I would of managed that today). Really had a nice time, and we've made plans to meet up again. :smile:
How are you doing? :hugs:

Latest