The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pathosL
for my inductions i've gotten AAAE maths chemistry biology and physics. e in physics lol i said in this very forum that i was going to do bad and I did. Oddly enough i'm dropping biology to do further maths

Congrats on the 3 A's! and as for the Physics, I just had a test today on topics we have covered so far, I think I only got one question right and even then it was a definition :tongue: Quite a step up from GCSE Physics, oh how I miss the speed time graphs!
Original post by Red Fox
Enrolling onto gold duke of Edinburgh award, I'm genuinely excited for it

Haaaaahahhaha you won't be once you're doing the expedition
It's deadly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5442
Just preordered something from cd japan :colondollar:
Original post by peaaceandl0ve
Oh gosh, that must be awful! You poor thing, I congratulate you greatly for getting a Distinction in spite of that.

Oh lol, I got a pass :tongue: When they eventually did get us a teacher, she had no clue. I had to go back into school in July {I finished mid-June} to correct some work because luckily another ICT teacher had noticed that she'd made us do the wrong thing -.-
Sorry for the double post, but I've been contemplating this all day...

Further maths.

At my school, it can only be a fifth option {i.e I'd take biology, chemistry, physics, maths, AND further maths, I couldn't drop chemistry and do further maths instead}, not as a fourth. In a few weeks every maths student does a test, and the few with the highest marks will be asked to do it. I'm pretty confident that I'll do well in the test, and my teacher knows that I'm interested. I'm just worried about the workload? I struggled to cope with stress at GCSE, and I don't want to stress myself out before I've even really started, if that makes sense. Would you do it or not if you were in my situation?
Reply 5445
Original post by Glitch96
Congrats on the 3 A's! and as for the Physics, I just had a test today on topics we have covered so far, I think I only got one question right and even then it was a definition :tongue: Quite a step up from GCSE Physics, oh how I miss the speed time graphs!

lol hopefully picking up further maths and doing m1 will help with as physics :cool:
Hey there guys, today In my tutorial lesson I got my prediction of my AS Level Results based upon my
GCSE Results.

GCSE Results -> 4a's, 6b's = Minimum: B,B,C,C - Maximum: A,A,A,B.

Personally, I only need to get B,B,B,B for my Insurance & A,B,B,B for my 1st choice.

Is it weird that they base AS Level results predictions of your GCSE Results. I mean AS Level your taking the subjects you enjoy & excel at but at GCSE you have so many variables such as subjects your not as passionate in & your taking 9-12+ subjects in most cases?
Original post by mollyh77
Haaaaahahhaha you won't be once you're doing the expedition
It's deadly

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds like the best part
Original post by lulagreenleaf
Sorry for the double post, but I've been contemplating this all day...

Further maths.

At my school, it can only be a fifth option {i.e I'd take biology, chemistry, physics, maths, AND further maths, I couldn't drop chemistry and do further maths instead}, not as a fourth. In a few weeks every maths student does a test, and the few with the highest marks will be asked to do it. I'm pretty confident that I'll do well in the test, and my teacher knows that I'm interested. I'm just worried about the workload? I struggled to cope with stress at GCSE, and I don't want to stress myself out before I've even really started, if that makes sense. Would you do it or not if you were in my situation?

Personally I wouldn't, unless I was a) so good at maths I'd already covered half the A-level syllabus by myself, or b) planning on a career directly related to maths. I'm sure you're very capable, but to be quite honest, unless you absolutely need the fifth AS to get onto the course you want to study at uni (i.e. you plan to study maths), it's going to be a lot of extra work for no real reason. No university will ever expect (or even particularly want) 5 AS levels, and there's also the problem that your grades in your other subjects could slip...
Anyone else doing maths, further maths, physics and chemistry who wants to become best friends/study buddies? :biggrin:
I'm friendly promiseeee :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AlexandraScarlet
Anyone else doing maths, further maths, physics and chemistry who wants to become best friends/study buddies? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What exam boards?
Reply 5451

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aqa for phy and Chem and edexcel for maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lulagreenleaf
What exam boards?

I'm doing Edexcel Maths and FM, OCR chemistry, and AQA physics!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5453
I'm doing Edexcel Maths and FM, OCR chemistry, and AQA physics!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, so we are the same for maths and physics, carry on through pm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Red Fox
That sounds like the best part

If it's anything like ours was, it will be paaaaaaainful and also if anyone in your group even slightly annoys you, you will probably want to kill them by the end of it
make sure you interrogate everyone in your group on the state of their ankles because we had one girl with dodgy ankles and she lagged behind the whole time, and making the rest of the group keep to her pace was a struggle.. bring supports and bandages
also boil in the bag rice will most likely become your favourite food
and mine was only a silver expedition so gold will be awful :frown:
(i'm still planning on doing gold though because apparently i am mental)
No, but I have a lot of Pokemon cards, if you're interested in buying some, and by some I mean 2,300 :tongue:
Got a (very) borderline A in my first S1 exam! :^_^: I only dropped 5 marks overall, but it was out of 30, so each mark made a massive difference. I'm pretty happy with that, given that the class average was a low B, and I know exactly where I went wrong - it was just a silly mistake in rounding, which I carried forward throughout the calculations.
Hey, I'm a current year 12 student studying Maths, Further Maths (Self tutoring), Chemistry & Physics. Sciences on OCR A and Maths on Edexcel.
Original post by mollyh77
If it's anything like ours was, it will be paaaaaaainful and also if anyone in your group even slightly annoys you, you will probably want to kill them by the end of it
make sure you interrogate everyone in your group on the state of their ankles because we had one girl with dodgy ankles and she lagged behind the whole time, and making the rest of the group keep to her pace was a struggle.. bring supports and bandages
also boil in the bag rice will most likely become your favourite food
and mine was only a silver expedition so gold will be awful :frown:
(i'm still planning on doing gold though because apparently i am mental)

I'm thinking of not doing it now, got until 3pm to decide, damn
Soooo I found out I got Head Girl today ^^

Latest