The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Management courses at UCL

Hey I am about to start my first year of uni and want to reapply. I am considering the new management science course at UCL. I have already achieved AAA and was wondering if I have a decent shot and how competitive it is.

Also would I increase my chances if I apply for both management science and information management for business at UCL I dont really want to go anywhere else other than UCL or Warwick and LSE (Lse is my exremely optimistic choice)

My current choices are

Lse bsc management AAB

UCL bsc management AAA

UCL bsc information management for business AAB

Warwick business school bsc information systems management & innovation AAB (dont meet their management requirements)

And I dont have a last choice yet, might throw in cass business school

I would appreciated It if somebody could assess my chances at these courses taking into account the competitiveness

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by ShadowFax895
Hey I am about to start my first year of uni and want to reapply. I am considering the new management science course at UCL. I have already achieved AAA and was wondering if I have a decent shot and how competitive it is.

Also would I increase my chances if I apply for both management science and information management for business at UCL I dont really want to go anywhere else other than UCL or Warwick and LSE (Lse is my exremely optimistic choice)

My current choices are

Lse bsc management AAB

UCL bsc management AAA

Warwick business school bsc information systems management & innovation AAB (dont meet their management requirements)

I would appreciated It if somebody could assess my chances at these courses taking into account the competitiveness

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi. Your A-levels are important but your current studies are more important as they are more recent. What and where are you studying? Also what subjects did you get your AAA in?

PS I would apply to King's over Cass.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Sorry for late reply, my A's where in maths, accounting and biology. I probably wont get into LSE, but UCL management is not out of reach, if I apply for management and IMB I should at least get IMB,

Also I dont think many people are applying to UCL bsc management, no posts on here about it, its a brand new course,

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3

My current choices are

Lse bsc management AAB

UCL bsc management AAA

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you still consider this course? If so, have you applied yet ?
Reply 4
Original post by Julia_P
Do you still consider this course? If so, have you applied yet ?

Sorry, im not actually considering this course anymore, why do you ask? are you considering the course?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Sorry, im not actually considering this course anymore, why do you ask? are you considering the course?

Yes I do. I was wondering who else applied to it :smile: Can I ask why did you reconsider your decision?
Reply 6
Original post by Julia_P
Yes I do. I was wondering who else applied to it :smile: Can I ask why did you reconsider your decision?

sure,

because i have already started a course at university i have had the privilege to look around and attend several lectures, i have attended management lectures, engineering lectures, physics lectures, math lectures, etc... to be honest i found the mechanic/electronic and electrical engineering so i am inclined to reapply to mechanical/electronic engineering courses instead.

i am however still applying to UCL, any more questions you may have, i will be happy to answer
Applying to management science at UCL
igcses: 4A* 4As 3Bs
As level : AAABD
A level predictions AAAA
Anybody else applying to this course, if so what are your grades and what are you studying? new course so do you think people have a higher chance of getting in since fewer are applying for it?
Reply 8
Original post by christianlal
Applying to management science at UCL
igcses: 4A* 4As 3Bs
As level : AAABD
A level predictions AAAA
Anybody else applying to this course, if so what are your grades and what are you studying? new course so do you think people have a higher chance of getting in since fewer are applying for it?

I applied to this course, but I am not from the UK, so I guess I can't help you very much regarding the predicted grades. From my point view, being a new course does not necessarily make it less competitive because UCL is a great university overall.
Reply 9
Original post by Julia_P
I applied to this course, but I am not from the UK, so I guess I can't help you very much regarding the predicted grades. From my point view, being a new course does not necessarily make it less competitive because UCL is a great university overall.

have u received anything yet after applying?? I havent received anything, getting abit nervous:s-smilie:
Reply 10
Anybody received a questionnaire from UCL yet ? Does anybody know the significance of it?
Original post by Zebra 109
Anybody received a questionnaire from UCL yet ? Does anybody know the significance of it?

yes received it and completed it, they said in the email that it was necessary to complete if if you were going to be considered for a place. Have you heard back yet? and did you submit the questionnaire?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending