The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mynameisntbobk
Getting parents in may not be too smart as it will only make them more unwilling. By all means go ahead if you're desperate. Parental action is better than none

I won't unless I absolutely have to, as you say it's liable to make it worse if anything and given my parents don't seem to understand that it makes it all the more likely! I'm probably going to end up reapplying next year I think, hopefully by then I'll have more idea of what I want to do and once I know my grades I might want to re-evaluate my options anyway :smile:
Original post by usycool1
Sure, every single one of your FB pictures is like "ZOMG, remove this, don't look at me!!!" :sigh: Haha, shut it. :colondollar:

So you should be sorry! :tongue:

Hahahahaha :lol: the ones I say that about are genuinely horrific though, honey :wink:

Please don't kill me :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Robbie242
A*A*A in M, FM and Economics. :smile: so a bit different then

Rah get in Robbie :tongue: TT finally getting something right then!

Mine is either A*A*AA or A*AAA, really hope its the latter.
Original post by Lucy96
I'm glad you feel my pain :tongue: I agree. It's going to be tough for me, probably going to require the most effort for me this year! I'm really not the best at science :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Especially when biology is quite relevant for your uni course :smile: I'm sure you'll still do great, you did at AS!
Original post by furryface12
I won't unless I absolutely have to, as you say it's liable to make it worse if anything and given my parents don't seem to understand that it makes it all the more likely! I'm probably going to end up reapplying next year I think, hopefully by then I'll have more idea of what I want to do and once I know my grades I might want to re-evaluate my options anyway :smile:

Hm I think you should still apply this year, do you think you can talk to your head of year or sixth form about it since you were really close to the boundary and with maths, its not too bad when it comes to making up marks.

How on Earth did you find me on Twitter? :lol: I didn't even know my account existed anymore! :tongue:

Twitter suggested you to me actually.
y

How're you finding A2 bio? We're finally onto the Calvin cycle. My teacher has an odd way of teaching things :tongue:.
What are your personal predictions for this yr?

Wow, they're amazing! You hope it's A*AAA though? :confused:

Hm I think you should still apply this year, do you think you can talk to your head of year or sixth form about it since you were really close to the boundary and with maths, its not too bad when it comes to making up marks.

I will apply this time and see what happens, tbh everything's changing so quickly at the moment and my decisions are changing daily, if not hourly! I hadn't really thought of going to them, I'll ask my form tutor about it tomorrow and hopefully he'll say something to the maths teachers to them or I'll go to my head of year- thank you! :smile:
Wow, they're amazing! You hope it's A*AAA though? :confused:

I will apply this time and see what happens, tbh everything's changing so quickly at the moment and my decisions are changing daily, if not hourly! I hadn't really thought of going to them, I'll ask my form tutor about it tomorrow and hopefully he'll say something to the maths teachers to them or I'll go to my head of year- thank you! :smile:

Thank you :smile: I know, I just don't think I have what it takes to get an A* in biology this year again so I'd rather not be predicted it. An A* prediction in chemistry would be great though - unlikely

Do you have any idea about what you want to study? I think you should to be honest. Honestly wishing you the best of luck
Original post by Lucy96
Hahahahaha :lol: the ones I say that about are genuinely horrific though, honey :wink:

Please don't kill me :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:tongue: There we go, wrong again. :sigh::tongue:

Haha :tongue:

Original post by keromedic
Twitter suggested you to me actually.

Oh I see, weird! :tongue:

Original post by keromedic
How're you finding A2 bio? We're finally onto the Calvin cycle. My teacher has an odd way of teaching things :tongue:.
What are your personal predictions for this yr?

I'm loving it, it's far more interesting than AS :yep: Nice, we've done the Calvin cycle and pretty much all of photosynthesis. :yep: On the respiration topic, we've just started the Krebs cycle. :smile:

I'm going to go for A*A*A*A* this year, but lets see what happens! :tongue: You? :smile:
I just don't think I have what it takes to get an A* in biology this year again so I'd rather not be predicted it.

Don't doubt yourself - I know you can get it! :smile:
Don't doubt yourself - I know you can get it! :smile:

I hope I can :smile: I managed it before, so I'll give it my all! The coursework is looking fun though :unimpressed:
Reply 3710
It seems like everyone on this forum has some ridiculously high predictions :tongue:
Thank you :smile: I know, I just don't think I have what it takes to get an A* in biology this year again so I'd rather not be predicted it. An A* prediction in chemistry would be great though - unlikely

Do you have any idea about what you want to study? I think you should to be honest. Honestly wishing you the best of luck

Ohh I see, that makes sense! Do you want to do medicine?

It's physics and music I wanted to apply for but there's no point with BBB predicted grades except for Keele. I'd love to do straight music but as I don't do A level music and am unlikely to get grade 8 theory in the next year I have limited options- I'd do one or both of those in a gap year if I took one!

Thank you, you too! I'm sure we'll both be fine in the end :redface:
:tongue:
Oh I see, weird! :tongue:
Not really. It had asked to look through my contacts :P
I'm loving it, it's far more interesting than AS :yep: Nice, we've done the Calvin cycle and pretty much all of photosynthesis. :yep: On the respiration topic, we've just started the Krebs cycle. :smile:

I'm going to go for A*A*A*A* this year, but lets see what happens! :tongue: You? :smile:

That's good :smile: although I'll have to do little reviews now and again to make sure I retain the AS knowledge. Because I have two teachers who are doing different sets of topics, we're only going at half the pace. Do you find it easy to remember the cycles' stages?
A*A*A*A/B (with the A/B being in Music).
Ohh I see, that makes sense! Do you want to do medicine?

It's physics and music I wanted to apply for but there's no point with BBB predicted grades except for Keele. I'd love to do straight music but as I don't do A level music and am unlikely to get grade 8 theory in the next year I have limited options- I'd do one or both of those in a gap year if I took one!

Thank you, you too! I'm sure we'll both be fine in the end :redface:

Bingo :smile:

I'm applying to Keele :eek:
Can I ask, why would you want to do medicine since you don't study it? Did they not offer it st your college?

I'm sure we will :smile:
Bingo :smile:

I'm applying to Keele :eek:
Can I ask, why would you want to do medicine since you don't study it? Did they not offer it st your college?

I'm sure we will :smile:

I like the Keele campus but I live very near it and have been on various trips there as my school's connected to it- whilst I still would live there, I don't want to be so close to home! Especially since several teachers lecture there, two in the physics department...

Music? They do but it was in the same block as chemistry so I took that instead. I was going to do AS this year but then it clashed with physics :frown: Were I choosing again I'd do music, but chemistry kept my options open more when I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, even though I've now dropped it!

Where else are you applying? You're the first Keele applicant I've seen!
You can enter your UMS scores if you want to, but you don't have to.

Original post by Robbie242
just the grade, Only Cambridge ask for UMS and other universities will individually email you for UMS if required. You fill out UMS for Cambridge on the SAQ

Thank you both :smile:
I like the Keele campus but I live very near it and have been on various trips there as my school's connected to it- whilst I still would live there, I don't want to be so close to home! Especially since several teachers lecture there, two in the physics department...

Music? They do but it was in the same block as chemistry so I took that instead. I was going to do AS this year but then it clashed with physics :frown: Were I choosing again I'd do music, but chemistry kept my options open more when I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, even though I've now dropped it!

Where else are you applying? You're the first Keele applicant I've seen!

I've never been but apparently its in the middle of nowhere :tongue: I get you, I'd hate to stay in London for uni, its a time to get away

Oh that's such a shame. Love chemistry but each to their own. I am really sorry that that's happened. If only we could rewind time!

I'm also applying to Sheffield, Leicester and HYMS. There are a few Keele applicants, I know one irl, its just as known I think
Rah get in Robbie :tongue: TT finally getting something right then!

Especially when biology is quite relevant for your uni course :smile: I'm sure you'll still do great, you did at AS!

Haha I didn't even have to negotiate ! :biggrin:. Yup haha, do you know my school then :ninja:

You hope its less A*s ? :tongue:
I've never been but apparently its in the middle of nowhere :tongue: I get you, I'd hate to stay in London for uni, its a time to get away

Oh that's such a shame. Love chemistry but each to their own. I am really sorry that that's happened. If only we could rewind time!

I'm also applying to Sheffield, Leicester and HYMS. There are a few Keele applicants, I know one irl, its just as known I think

That just about sums up where I live except I'm probably even more in the middle of nowhere- at least keele's got Newcastle near it :tongue:

I think it was as much the teachers with chemistry I didn't like, were they as good as one of the physics ones I might have enjoyed it more but I just didn't get on with them and ended up basically self teaching it all, as I did with GCSE. I can see why people find it interesting though :smile:

I hear leicester's good for medicine- I might apply there for physics too if I go for that. Where's HYMS? Not heard of that one before. Are you applying for chemistry as a fifth option?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest