Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster Uni: Official Students 13/14!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 880
Original post by HannahS95
Hahah I think you'd of been better off with the sleep :') hahahaha two more weeks until we have to work! I'm actually quite looking forward to it though, but I suppose you can't argue with more holiday! I'm not really bothered in terms of cupboards, more bothered about the fridge shelf but I'm not really that fussed to be honest with you :') how long is it going to take you to get there? I don't think my parents are planning on helping me unpack fully, just the essentials :') haha yeah :')
Well somebody is making assumptions! I am actually not a fan of the Tories :') I might have more money but most of the people I grew up with don't :') it's pretty much a labour stronghold round here tbh :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

The one thing i don't look forward to about uni is the waing up for 9am lectures part - i don't think i've been up that early more than once or twice during the holidays :') We can always swap schedules an see if you're still looking forward to it :wink: Neither am really, but i wouldn't mind getting first choice anyway, hopefully i can minimise any unnecessary walking to and from cupboards, fridge, and cooker :L 2 and a half hours i think, so waking up at ripe old 7:30 :eek: Lucky you, My mam's suffering from some major early onset empty nest syndrome, i had to convince her to not hang around for a bit!
Hahaha, okay, i just had to be sure of where your allegiances lay before actually getting to lancaster :') I had one friend who used to be canny as anyone else, but then his parents won the lottery, he began to vote Tory and he kinda ditched us commoners D:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 881
Original post by Orthrus
The one thing i don't look forward to about uni is the waing up for 9am lectures part - i don't think i've been up that early more than once or twice during the holidays :') We can always swap schedules an see if you're still looking forward to it :wink: Neither am really, but i wouldn't mind getting first choice anyway, hopefully i can minimise any unnecessary walking to and from cupboards, fridge, and cooker :L 2 and a half hours i think, so waking up at ripe old 7:30 :eek: Lucky you, My mam's suffering from some major early onset empty nest syndrome, i had to convince her to not hang around for a bit!
Hahaha, okay, i just had to be sure of where your allegiances lay before actually getting to lancaster :') I had one friend who used to be canny as anyone else, but then his parents won the lottery, he began to vote Tory and he kinda ditched us commoners D:

Hahaha yep, sucks to be you! I don't currently have any 9am lectures but I might have 9am seminars/language classes which I guess is worse :') no I most definitely don't want your schedule! Sounds hideous! Yeah I suppose it's good if you can get it hah :') ooh an hour longer than me! I'm trying to maximise sleep before freshers personally :') aww haha my mums getting really excited for me, I think because if she didn't shed get sad :') oh wow you actually know someone who's won the lottery! That sucks though, just cos you have money doesn't mean you have to be a dick :') and nah I'm actually all about fairness, definitely don't think the Tories represent that! But then again pretty much all politicians are scumbags, and the ones that aren't are usually nowhere important

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 882
Original post by Orthrus
There's worse then jezza kyle?! Pointless isn't even anything to be ashamed of! That show is just downright entertaining, especially with the banter between the two hosts :') I won't lie, i'm only into countdown for the maths parts... so mostly for rachel riley! :colondollar:

I used this link to decide what bank i'd get -http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/sbs/funding/banking.htm - thankfully santander is on campus!

Haha, more stripey with bobles.... Are you by any chance a regular in the 'Where's Wally' books? :tongue: I think i know what you mean, they're probably more normal than my hats!

I know what you mean, i was ridiculously lazy in AS and got away with it, but A2 on the other hand... :eek:

I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse watching it for that :s probably better though :P

Thanks I think I'm going to go have a talk with them when I get to campus to decide if I should change :smile:

I was just trying to think of a hat that would keep me warm :frown: I don't like hats though so unless I freeze I will avoid them for now :smile:

I usually have a bad habit of being really lazy first term and then around Christmas I end up working really hard to catch up, it didn't work like that at uni, I was good first term second term just went downhill I must not buy box sets for Christmas they are too distracting :colondollar:

I cant believe it's this weekend now, it rather surreal :s I really need to start packing and organise everything :rolleyes:
Hi guys!
Are we meant to enrol online for a full year of modules before we arrive?
Original post by Fragile_Illusions
Hi guys!

If you log into student portal, you can choose your modules up to 120 credits (including your major course). The subjects recommended for you to take are on the website if you search your major course. However, if you don't wish to enrol online, you can do it during Freshers' Week and can change them up until 18th October! Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 885
Hi guys!

If I can add on to what Lauren Collier has said, you can't enrol on some courses online, as they are only open during Fresher's week, so don't worry if the course you want isn't available!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by laurenlcollier
If you log into student portal, you can choose your modules up to 120 credits (including your major course). The subjects recommended for you to take are on the website if you search your major course. However, if you don't wish to enrol online, you can do it during Freshers' Week and can change them up until 18th October! Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Loketoki
If I can add on to what Lauren Collier has said, you can't enrol on some courses online, as they are only open during Fresher's week, so don't worry if the course you want isn't available!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been browsing through the modules available. I'm already signed up for a History module (worth 40) and a Politics one (also worth 40) leaving me with 40 credits left for the year. Many of the modules I've been looking at are worth 15 credits so how does this work out? Or am I now confined to chosing one 40 credit module?
Reply 887
I've been browsing through the modules available. I'm already signed up for a History module (worth 40) and a Politics one (also worth 40) leaving me with 40 credits left for the year. Many of the modules I've been looking at are worth 15 credits so how does this work out? Or am I now confined to chosing one 40 credit module?

Well, the maximum amount of credits you can have is 120. You've already got 80 credits from your History and Politics, so as you've said, you have 40 credits left. If you want, you can choose a module worth 15 credits or go for one with 40 credits. There's nothing to stop you doing either, as far as I know.
Reply 888
If I can ask everyone, what documents do we need to bring? I've already printed off my invoice and my confirmation of registration. I've also got my passport, driver's license, student finance letter (which says when payments will be paid etc) and my A Level results. Is there anything else I need?
Reply 889
If I can ask everyone, what documents do we need to bring? I've already printed off my invoice and my confirmation of registration. I've also got my passport, driver's license, student finance letter (which says when payments will be paid etc) and my A Level results. Is there anything else I need?

Do we have to print off our invoice (for accommodation, i presume)?
Reply 890
Original post by HannahS95
Hahaha yep, sucks to be you! I don't currently have any 9am lectures but I might have 9am seminars/language classes which I guess is worse :') no I most definitely don't want your schedule! Sounds hideous! Yeah I suppose it's good if you can get it hah :') ooh an hour longer than me! I'm trying to maximise sleep before freshers personally :') aww haha my mums getting really excited for me, I think because if she didn't shed get sad :') oh wow you actually know someone who's won the lottery! That sucks though, just cos you have money doesn't mean you have to be a dick :') and nah I'm actually all about fairness, definitely don't think the Tories represent that! But then again pretty much all politicians are scumbags, and the ones that aren't are usually nowhere important

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just have to show up, sit down and take notes - that sounds like a gentle start to the day for me :') Haha, that extra hour of lost sleep is one of the disadvantages of not living in a more centralised place. Oh god, i'm gonna miss newcastle so much D: i'd like to say i'm doing the same, but my sleeping schedule is steadily getting worse - i'll be ready for late nights! :biggrin: Awwh, your poor mam! I think my mam's doing the same thing, only with nagging and telling me to just leave already... in fact, she's been doing it for years! :lol: he still used to live round the corner from me until not long ago too! It's got my mam playing the lottery like every few weeks now - she simply doesn't believe me when i say that the odds are not good :L I remember learning about all the scheming and secret alliances politicians made that led to WW1 during GCSE history, and our history teacher telling us that they've always been shifty. I almost died of boredom that year D:

Original post by katie55
I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse watching it for that :s probably better though :P

Thanks I think I'm going to go have a talk with them when I get to campus to decide if I should change :smile:

I was just trying to think of a hat that would keep me warm :frown: I don't like hats though so unless I freeze I will avoid them for now :smile:

I usually have a bad habit of being really lazy first term and then around Christmas I end up working really hard to catch up, it didn't work like that at uni, I was good first term second term just went downhill I must not buy box sets for Christmas they are too distracting :colondollar:

I cant believe it's this weekend now, it rather surreal :s I really need to start packing and organise everything :rolleyes:

I think we're both as bad as each other for sitting and watching any daytime tv at all! Everybody knows that's where the bad tv shows go to die :')

Yeah, just wait to it's late autumn. It's not even cold enough to wear a jacket yet! I would know since i tried yesterday and subsequently roasted out in the unexpected sun :lol:

What boxsets were you watching? And please tell me it's not something like 90210 or supernatural - that's all i seem to hear about from my sisters! But yeah, it'd be inhuman if you'd managed not to go on a watching spree when you have the whole series at your fingertips :tongue:

4 days left and i'm not sure if i'm more nervous or excited, but I can officially say i have everything that (i think) i need :dance: I should probably start packing as well - but it's gonna be impossible to decide what to take and what to leave!
Well, the maximum amount of credits you can have is 120. You've already got 80 credits from your History and Politics, so as you've said, you have 40 credits left. If you want, you can choose a module worth 15 credits or go for one with 40 credits. There's nothing to stop you doing either, as far as I know.

Sorry, my post wasn't too clear. I mean if I took two courses worth 15 credits, I would have 10 credits left to achieve to get me up to 120 credits, which as I understand it is impossible because there are no courses worth 10c?
Or is it that I do not need exactly 120 credits?
Reply 892
Original post by Envelopes
Do we have to print off our invoice (for accommodation, i presume)?

I don't think we have to, but I printed it off anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 893
Sorry, my post wasn't too clear. I mean if I took two courses worth 15 credits, I would have 10 credits left to achieve to get me up to 120 credits, which as I understand it is impossible because there are no courses worth 10c?
Or is it that I do not need exactly 120 credits?

Ah, sorry! I see what you mean now. I don't think you can have more than 3 modules, but I'm not sure. You don't need exactly 120 credits, though. That's just the maximum. I'd email someone to see if you can choose 2 15 credit modules.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah, sorry! I see what you mean now. I don't think you can have more than 3 modules, but I'm not sure. You don't need exactly 120 credits, though. That's just the maximum. I'd email someone to see if you can choose 2 15 credit modules.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awh thanks, I was all over the place, it's a lot clearer for me now. You've been so helpful :smile:
Reply 895
I don't think we have to, but I printed it off anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, fair enough. I guess it's better to be fully prepared just in case.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 896
Original post by Orthrus

I think we're both as bad as each other for sitting and watching any daytime tv at all! Everybody knows that's where the bad tv shows go to die :')

Yeah, just wait to it's late autumn. It's not even cold enough to wear a jacket yet! I would know since i tried yesterday and subsequently roasted out in the unexpected sun :lol:

What boxsets were you watching? And please tell me it's not something like 90210 or supernatural - that's all i seem to hear about from my sisters! But yeah, it'd be inhuman if you'd managed not to go on a watching spree when you have the whole series at your fingertips :tongue:

4 days left and i'm not sure if i'm more nervous or excited, but I can officially say i have everything that (i think) i need :dance: I should probably start packing as well - but it's gonna be impossible to decide what to take and what to leave!

Its like a graveyard for shows :frown: i havent watched any daytime tv this week and i havent packed either, i started playing pc games which is really unproductive :s

I keep trying to wear a jacket outside but its surprisingly warm despite the grey sky

Friends and bones which you may not have heard of its a crime show a bit like csi i think. I reccomend it, we had a tv in our flat kitchen last year and i watched it there, got my entire flat addicted. In the end i had to shout in the corridor when i was going to watch it so they could join me :smile: it wasnt just one series of them eithed it was all 10 series of friends and seven of bones and each episode of bones is 40 minutes and 25 episodes per series so its safe to say very distracting.

Thats exactly how i feel but going for excited for now, i need to unpack and redecide what to repack which will be fun but i do have everything now just hoping it all fits in the car :s
Reply 897
Has anyone paid the £36 online for the college fees yet?

Also is anyone planning to or has booked onto any of the free gym tasters next week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 898
Original post by katie55
Its like a graveyard for shows :frown: i havent watched any daytime tv this week and i havent packed either, i started playing pc games which is really unproductive :s

I keep trying to wear a jacket outside but its surprisingly warm despite the grey sky

Friends and bones which you may not have heard of its a crime show a bit like csi i think. I reccomend it, we had a tv in our flat kitchen last year and i watched it there, got my entire flat addicted. In the end i had to shout in the corridor when i was going to watch it so they could join me :smile: it wasnt just one series of them eithed it was all 10 series of friends and seven of bones and each episode of bones is 40 minutes and 25 episodes per series so its safe to say very distracting.

Thats exactly how i feel but going for excited for now, i need to unpack and redecide what to repack which will be fun but i do have everything now just hoping it all fits in the car :s

I'm a relative newcomer to pc games - proof being that i only have one, and play it on my barely fast enough laptop - but i know they will destroy any and all work ethic! Like i've been telling myself i'd look at my college notes for the past few weeks :rolleyes:

Ahhh, that reminds me of the years when i was seriously addicted to Bones and House... especially House! I considered being a doctor for a while :laugh: But I never could get into the rest of those crime shows (unless Sherlock fits into the genre - god, i love sherlock). But using really addictive telly is a brilliant way to have broke the ice! Hmm, i might try it come saturday :biggrin:

I might need to run a few suitcase drafts by my mam first because in recent years i've had a habit of forgetting rather important things. Like who even needs to take shorts to dubai anyway?! :facepalm2: Ughh, i'm not looking forward to navigating some of the country/penine roads on the drive down.

Do we need to take our A Level results?? I thought they would already know from ucas? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending