The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kittaaaaay
Soooo I found out I got Head Girl today ^^

What's that?

Congratulations! What sorts of responsibilities will you be expected to do?

In my school only Upper Sixths make up the prefect body (incl Head Prefects), so another year to wait for myself before I can join up.
:lolwut: If only I had a 3DS I'd still be playing it, the tv show turned cringey many moons ago though.

Also magic the gathering looks awful :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NikolaT
Congratulations! What sorts of responsibilities will you be expected to do?

In my school only Upper Sixths make up the prefect body (incl Head Prefects), so another year to wait for myself before I can join up.

Hmm I'm supposed to plan and organise events, organise the prefects, speak at events and kind of be a student ambassador. My school does IB so the year 13s have such a heavy workload it's not really viable for them to take on responsibilities :yep:
Is anyone here self-tutoring maths or further maths?
Reply 5465
Original post by twisted
Is anyone here self-tutoring maths or further maths?

I plan on doing this with further maths, but I'm going make sure I'm with my other 4 subjects first. :biggrin:
Original post by Mário
I plan on doing this with further maths, but I'm going make sure I'm with my other 4 subjects first. :biggrin:

I'm guessing you are doing maths and all 3 sciences, then?
Reply 5467
Original post by twisted
I'm guessing you are doing maths and all 3 sciences, then?

Economics
Geography
Maths
Physics
Original post by Mário
Economics
Geography
Maths
Physics

Oh, lol. What course are you looking to go into?
Reply 5469
Original post by twisted
Oh, lol. What course are you looking to go into?

I don't really know what to choose yet. I would look into doing almost all my subjects (except from Geography) at uni.
Original post by peaaceandl0ve
Oh lucky you! Well I took it as an option so I had no choice :tongue: But everyone who didn't take it had to a 1/2 GCSE in it, and school entered them for it two/three times, then just gave up with those who had still not passed :biggrin:

We were concerned that the school would certificate it, meaning the Fail would have to be put on our UCAS forms (not that it would have mattered, just looks slightly bad), but there was no mention of it on results day :lol:
Reply 5471

Well done!
Here's a maths question for you guys.

If z=x+iyz=x+iy, find the real and imaginary parts of zz+1\frac{z}{z+1} in terms of x and y, simplifying your answer as far as possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lulagreenleaf
Oh lol, I got a pass :tongue: When they eventually did get us a teacher, she had no clue. I had to go back into school in July {I finished mid-June} to correct some work because luckily another ICT teacher had noticed that she'd made us do the wrong thing -.-

Haha sorry, I'm getting all the TSRers muddled up :frown: Oh God, that's pretty bad. Surely they'd prioritise GCSEs a bit better :/
Oh yes, it was just the highlight of the lesson! I used to send amazing e-mails to my friends in primary school, many of them being about Animal Crossing :')
Original post by Bude8

If z=x+iyz=x+iy, find the real and imaginary parts of zz+1\frac{z}{z+1} in terms of x and y, simplifying your answer as far as possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what module would this be from? I'm guessing fp1?
Original post by Bude8

Posted from TSR Mobile

I used to be able to do that :emo:

To be fair I haven't touched Further Maths in like 4 months, after skimming it.
Original post by twisted
what module would this be from? I'm guessing fp1?

He does IB :hand: :lol:
Original post by mangofreak
he does ib :hand: :lol:

goddamn it bude
Original post by Bude8

Posted from TSR Mobile

Uwotm8?

Latest