The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE=superwolf;44603161You're not a loser at all. :nah: And if things are too hard for you to manage then it's ok to lower the difficulty level a bit of the challenges (yes, life is a computed game :p) to something more achievable, just so long as you are still challenging yourself a bit. And you are still achieving things, cos you're going to hockey, interacting with people and all that kind of thing. Changing tactics with the psychologist is a good idea if you think the current approach isn't getting you anywhere. [excludedSmilie]yy[/excludedSmilie]

Picked up all three meeces again today. :h:

Yeah...I guess you're right. We went to a hockey game which was a pretty big thing, hundreds of people and I managed that kind of ok. I do plan on going volunteering just it's a bit too much to manage right now but hopefully in a month or so maybe. I see the psychologist on monday, really hoping he isn't like "well I don't know any other tactics kthxbi" because that would suck.

Yay. I expect to be sent a video of them playing basketball soon. :tongue:
Just found out my friend can't look after my mice while I'm on holiday after all. Back to square one. :sigh:
Original post by superwolf
Just found out my friend can't look after my mice while I'm on holiday after all. Back to square one. :sigh:

That sucks. Do you have anyone else you could ask? There's always that pet hotel place as a last resort.
You can make some for me when we finally meet then! :teeth:

MHSS cakes on order :h:
Original post by Sabertooth
That sucks. Do you have anyone else you could ask? There's always that pet hotel place as a last resort.

Have sent someone a message just now, so going to see what they say. Problem with the pet hotel place is there's no time now to go check it out and find somewhere else if it's no good. :s-smilie:
Have sent someone a message just now, so going to see what they say. Problem with the pet hotel place is there's no time now to go check it out and find somewhere else if it's no good. :s-smilie:

Hmm I see your problem. Good luck with the person hopefully they'll be able to do it.

Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth
Can't deal with all this anymore :sad:. Trying to juggle the burden of everyone else's problems in my family as well as my own is just too much.

:console: Do you want to talk about it here? Sometimes talking things out can help.
Can't deal with all this anymore :sad:. Trying to juggle the burden of everyone else's problems in my family as well as my own is just too much.

#greatnessawaits

#onteamtily

but only for today :h:

Hope you're ok.
Reply 7867
I hope so. And I agree it's really helpful and in fact I feel I learn it better with a bit of free time.

Ah it would be nice if it did :smile:

Yeah I think every does.. I actually think I learnt more when I relaxed with revising then when I was trying to cram it all in non stop!
Edit: Just seen your last post.. I'm happy to talk if you want to, and I'm 100% sure no one on here thinks you are a burden, or anywhere in fact!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7868
Yeah I can't do cramming I just end up crying and getting frustrated a lot. I have to revise ages in advance.

Sounds like you will be well prepared then :biggrin:
Eaten a stupid amount today, possibly more than i thought was humanly possible and this my friends is why poncho is a **** pafetic fatty :sadnod:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7870
Original post by ponchokid
eaten a stupid amount today, possibly more than i thought was humanly possible and this my friends is why poncho is a **** pafetic fatty :sadnod:

posted from tsr mobile

no no no no no :frown: ... No
Original post by PonchoKid
Eaten a stupid amount today, possibly more than i thought was humanly possible and this my friends is why poncho is a **** pafetic fatty :sadnod:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're not pathetic, and I don't give a crap whether you're fat or not, so long as you're ok with it. :hugs:
Original post by 05autyt
no no no no no :frown: ... No

Yes yes yes yes :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're not pathetic, and I don't give a crap whether you're fat or not, so long as you're ok with it. :hugs:

If you knew what id eaten youd give a crap :sad: the really bad part is i still want to eat and im scared it will turn into a binge :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7874
Original post by Anonymous
Haha, well those Marmite lids are tricky things... :tongue: Totally worth it though. Marmite is good. :drool: Also, Skype today/tonight?

Hmm, have you asked the uni to help with SF? They sorted out pretty much everything when I went part-time and when I intermitted in terms of updating my status with them...

I've spoken to lots of people at uni, but they've all given me conflicting information, as have SF themselves. It's stressing me out, all this adulting is not sustainable.

Am online (and notatall desperate for distracting conversation... :emo:)

I volunteer! (if of course you send 'em down this way. nnnnot making a 10hr commute every day. this is completely feasible).

If your other friend doesn't work out, have you tried looking for 'pet sitters'? People who come round to your house so they get to stay at home but still get fed etc. There are dog/cat versions so I'm sure some little critters as well. Maybe gumtree?
Reply 7875
Hey all. Sorry for my absence in the past weeks.

How is everyone? Hoping you are all ok.
It's 4pm...should be medication time. Didn't take the haldol this morning or last night so this is 24hours off of it. I'll be honest, I'm scared as ****. I'm home alone and the walls and voices are shouting so loudly, minor threat (the band) isn't shouty enough to block them out, the cat keeps running away from me (I think he's scared of me being scared) and all in all things really aren't so good. BUT on the plus side, I'm off it! Big victories. I feel like crap, my headache is killing me and all the shouting is making it a lot worse. I have some painkillers but why replace one drug with another.

No more haloperidol: I AM INVINCIBLE!
Original post by Sultana
I've spoken to lots of people at uni, but they've all given me conflicting information, as have SF themselves. It's stressing me out, all this adulting is not sustainable.

Am online (and notatall desperate for distracting conversation... :emo:)

I volunteer! (if of course you send 'em down this way. nnnnot making a 10hr commute every day. this is completely feasible).

If your other friend doesn't work out, have you tried looking for 'pet sitters'? People who come round to your house so they get to stay at home but still get fed etc. There are dog/cat versions so I'm sure some little critters as well. Maybe gumtree?

Can you not offload SF stuff to someone at the uni, and get them to sort it for you? I was able to do this (although I was only told I could do this after I had dealt with most of the unusual circumstances I had).

I am also happy to give you any student finance advice based on my experience, although that could just complicate things further :tongue:
Reply 7878
I'm stuck. I can hear the flat next door having a good time. I only have the phone number of one of them but she isn't picking up :sad:. I know I can't just go around as that is rude. The person who does pick up the phone/reply to texts isn't in right now. Probably not helped by the fact that I haven't taken my meds :rolleyes:
Reply 7879
Original post by rmhumphries
Can you not offload SF stuff to someone at the uni, and get them to sort it for you? I was able to do this (although I was only told I could do this after I had dealt with most of the unusual circumstances I had).

I am also happy to give you any student finance advice based on my experience, although that could just complicate things further :tongue:

I'm not sure who I could ask. There seem to be a lot of people happy to listen to your woes and give sympathy/advice based on half-baked guesses, but ultimately is my responsibility to sort out. Which is fair enough, if I can't even make a few phone calls without breaking there's not much hope for me. :tongue:

Latest