The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by avhhs
I'm stuck. I can hear the flat next door having a good time. I only have the phone number of one of them but she isn't picking up :sad:. I know I can't just go around as that is rude. The person who does pick up the phone/reply to texts isn't in right now. Probably not helped by the fact that I haven't taken my meds :rolleyes:

Perhaps take your meds, watch some tv and chill out?

Hope your mostly enjoying uni :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sultana
I'm not sure who I could ask. There seem to be a lot of people happy to listen to your woes and give sympathy/advice based on half-baked guesses, but ultimately is my responsibility to sort out. Which is fair enough, if I can't even make a few phone calls without breaking there's not much hope for me. :tongue:

Do you have a disability office of any description of your uni? Either them or your disabled students' officer if you have one in your student union.

I find it difficult to phone people as well, so I understand :hugs:
Reply 7882
Original post by PonchoKid
Perhaps take your meds, watch some tv and chill out?

Hope your mostly enjoying uni :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Took my meds just now. I was actually feeling extremely low earlier which I'm certain is a direct result of not taking the meds. Probably best to watch TV, I've got loads of stuff on iplayer that I need to watch :tongue:. And I found out that some of them are going on a night out that they've got tickets for. I've got a 9am lecture so it wouldn't be a good idea to go even if I did have a ticket. Gotta try and make a bit more of an effort tomorrow though!

How are you doing? :smile: :hugs:
Reply 7883
Yes yes yes yes :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

None of thats true poncho.. you are a wonderful person and so many people love you on here! Dont let one bad day define who you think you are :frown:
Reply 7884
Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth
Sorry I replied before I saw the edit :colondollar:

Well it's just all my family seem to have problems, and they all think I can deal with them all and fix them, and stuff.

I can relate to this.. my little sister had anxiety for a while and my mums been depressed on and off my whole life and I've always been the one she spoke to until she remarried.. and my sister blamed her illness on me saying she was never going to get better if we didnt talk about the past because thats what she needed.. in the end I gave in which made me a whole lot worse but at the time I thought thats what I needed to do.. But you should be honest with them because holding it in wont help. Just tell them you cant cope with feeling responsible for fixing their problems, and as much as you would love to help, you currently have a lot to deal with yourself. Because in the long run all this pressure is only going to make you feel worse.
Reply 7885
Original post by avhhs
I'm stuck. I can hear the flat next door having a good time. I only have the phone number of one of them but she isn't picking up :sad:. I know I can't just go around as that is rude. The person who does pick up the phone/reply to texts isn't in right now. Probably not helped by the fact that I haven't taken my meds :rolleyes:

I don't think they would mind .. the first couple of weeks of uni are made for that kind of thing :smile:
and yeah you should probably take your meds :P
stupid stupid poncho! :ashamed::banghead::facepalm::gasp:
Reply 7887
Reason 847 why Sultana can't do life: not knowing my mobile no. to fill in makes me sob. :redface:
To be fair I've been holding back tears all freaking afternoon so I've done a pretty good job. Don't want to do this. Can't do this. Everything **** and hard and ultimately pointless. Quickest turn around ever? I mean my 'yeah I'm so going to try living and recover' post did more grudgingly crawl rather than leap into positive mindset woo! but still.
Ah feck. :cry2:

Original post by rmhumphries
Do you have a disability office of any description of your uni? Either them or your disabled students' officer if you have one in your student union.

I find it difficult to phone people as well, so I understand :hugs:

We have a disability office, and we get allocated one of two advisers as our contact point. I've seen mine about this already and er she's not that helpful. And she makes me want to kill things. So I think best to avoid her again. :teehee:

Thanks. :hugs: I will probably sort it out eventually, I'm just going to cry a lot about it first. :tongue:
Original post by avhhs
Took my meds just now. I was actually feeling extremely low earlier which I'm certain is a direct result of not taking the meds. Probably best to watch TV, I've got loads of stuff on iplayer that I need to watch :tongue:. And I found out that some of them are going on a night out that they've got tickets for. I've got a 9am lecture so it wouldn't be a good idea to go even if I did have a ticket. Gotta try and make a bit more of an effort tomorrow though!

How are you doing? :smile: :hugs:

cathing up on tv is always good, prehaps make a hotchocolate or something aswell??
9 am lectures are ALWAYS fun :tongue:, i always had 9ams :sad:

im a stupid fat horrible bad person...

Original post by 05autyt
None of thats true poncho.. you are a wonderful person and so many people love you on here! Dont let one bad day define who you think you are :frown:

dunno things are kinda going down himm :woo:

Original post by Sultana
Reason 847 why Sultana can't do life: not knowing my mobile no. to fill in makes me sob. :redface:
To be fair I've been holding back tears all freaking afternoon so I've done a pretty good job. Don't want to do this. Can't do this. Everything **** and hard and ultimately pointless. Quickest turn around ever? I mean my 'yeah I'm so going to try living and recover' post did more grudgingly crawl rather than leap into positive mindset woo! but still.

i dont know my number either :nope:
Reply 7889

Not true at all... Oh no? Why hun? Try to calm down :hugs:
Original post by 05autyt
Not true at all... Oh no? Why hun? Try to calm down :hugs:

can i PM you, kinda not meant for public eyes :s-smilie:
Reply 7891
can i PM you, kinda not meant for public eyes :s-smilie:

Course you can :smile:
Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth
Congratulations on stopping taking the medication :h:. Hope you are ok though :hugs:

Reply 7893
Original post by 05autyt
I don't think they would mind .. the first couple of weeks of uni are made for that kind of thing :smile:
and yeah you should probably take your meds :P

I did have one of them say to me that I shouldn't go and knock on their door without phoning beforehand. Well, from the day before I did have them ignoring me knocking the door :erm: :dontknow:

I have taken the meds now :yep:

cathing up on tv is always good, prehaps make a hotchocolate or something aswell??
9 am lectures are ALWAYS fun :tongue:, i always had 9ams :sad:

i dont know my number either :nope:

I might do and make that, I bought some the other day as well but I haven't touched it yet. And with 9am lectures I know I'll be really tired and stuff, especially as I'm having trouble with sleeping recently.

Oh come on, you are NOT a stupid fat horrible person, that is simply wrong :yep: :lovehug:
Reply 7894
Original post by avhhs
I did have one of them say to me that I shouldn't go and knock on their door without phoning beforehand. Well, from the day before I did have them ignoring me knocking the door :erm: :dontknow:

I have taken the meds now :yep:

Oh thats not very friendly :/ and good :smile:
Having such an up/down time at uni. Really not getting along with my flat mates but met a couple of nice people from my course. Course people are in different halls, so I had to go out tonight with people from flat. Ended up being a complete lonely mess and crying alone in the toilets (and I can't even blame the emotions on being drunk as I was 100% sober). Also being super awful with ED atm, stupid brain is telling me 'I only don't fit in because I'm fat' and I just completely believe it. No idea why I thought uni would be good for me or help me, everything seems 1000x worse.
Original post by Sultana

We have a disability office, and we get allocated one of two advisers as our contact point. I've seen mine about this already and er she's not that helpful. And she makes me want to kill things. So I think best to avoid her again. :teehee:

Thanks. :hugs: I will probably sort it out eventually, I'm just going to cry a lot about it first. :tongue:

Hmm, well you can try your disabled students' officer in your student union.

If you have a friend who you trust a lot, you can get them to do it - however you first need to notify student finance yourself that you are doing so. As far as I am aware, you can set up anyone to have extended information on your account (SF will never disclose things such as income, and such-like to others, but you can set up so that someone can know your funding status, funding your entitled to, etc etc - which will allow them to help manage disability stuff with SF).
Original post by avhhs

I might do and make that, I bought some the other day as well but I haven't touched it yet. And with 9am lectures I know I'll be really tired and stuff, especially as I'm having trouble with sleeping recently.

Oh come on, you are NOT a stupid fat horrible person, that is simply wrong :yep: :lovehug:

hot chocolate is good
Maybe talk to your GP? They may prescribe low dose sleepting pills

I am, I'm gonna have a very bad night I just know it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I shouldn't be allowed pills which come apart. Every now and then I play with it, and then sometimes I spill it a little :redface:
Original post by rmhumphries
I shouldn't be allowed pills which come apart. Every now and then I play with it, and then sometimes I spill it a little :redface:

I hate those ones, they're always HUGE and impossible to swallow. But yes they are fun to play with :tongue:

Latest