The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Anyone go to or are considering applying to Writtle College in for 2014/15?

For a while I didn't want to go to university, but lately I've wanted to do something with animals, and then today I found the Animal Management course at Writtle College. I'm currently in sixth form college, doing my AS exams, so will be at uni 2014/15. Just wanted to see if anyone out there is like me? Also, if anyone has been to Writtle or goes to Writtle at the moment, feel free to say what it's like, especially if you do the Animal Management course.

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I finished Sixth Form this year and am now doing a Gap Year. Writtle College is my first choice at the minute for next year :smile: I really want to study Animal Science (companion and zoo animal) it looks amazing!!:biggrin:
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm applying for the animal management companion and zoo animal course, I'm not into the science side of it particularly haha. But I'm glad I'm not the only one out there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im so glad too! Ive been reading all the comments from people going in September and Im insanely jealous! It looks amazing! Going for an open day in October so I cant wait for that :smile:
Reply 4
Me too, this last year of sixth form is going to be so boring! I went to an open day in June and it was amazing, so definitely will be applying as soon as I can in September.
Original post by MelHunt182
I'm applying for the animal management companion and zoo animal course, I'm not into the science side of it particularly haha. But I'm glad I'm not the only one out there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heya - I'm a third year student on this course (AnMan C&Z) so feel free to plague me with questions!

If companion and zoo is what you're interested in definitely do it it's a lot of fun. I loved our extra module this year (second year) and it was much better than the one that normal animal managers did! The course is good overall (some fab teachers!) but first year is definitely the best year. Second year is much harder than first and slows down a little - will let you know on third year!

Other words of advice: get your dissertation research done and dusted in the summer between 2nd and 3rd year - I've almost finished mine and I'm glad I'm more prepared! So defo think about that once you get into 2nd year :smile:
Reply 6
heyyy I am going 2014/15 as i took a gap year. I want to start now D: I cant wait. I am doing animal management companion and zoo animals :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by LucyHannah2048
Hi, I finished Sixth Form this year and am now doing a Gap Year. Writtle College is my first choice at the minute for next year :smile: I really want to study Animal Science (companion and zoo animal) it looks amazing!!:biggrin:

Heyy I have taken a gap year too! So jealous of the people who have started there now I cant wait to go :smile: I am doing Animal management companion and zoo animals too :smile: It would be great to get to know some people before we went so we wouldnt be going not knowing anyone :smile: Follow me on twitter :smile: AliceBeccaa
Original post by AliceBeccaa
Heyy I have taken a gap year too! So jealous of the people who have started there now I cant wait to go :smile: I am doing Animal management companion and zoo animals too :smile: It would be great to get to know some people before we went so we wouldnt be going not knowing anyone :smile: Follow me on twitter :smile: AliceBeccaa

Hey, what are you doing on your gap year? Ive just had a look at the Animal Management course and it look amazing too so I might just apply to both :smile: I hopefully want to be a vet in the future and I thought I could only do Animal Science, but Ive found out I can do that course too which is great :smile: Will do :smile:
Reply 9
Hey, what are you doing on your gap year? Ive just had a look at the Animal Management course and it look amazing too so I might just apply to both :smile: I hopefully want to be a vet in the future and I thought I could only do Animal Science, but Ive found out I can do that course too which is great :smile: Will do :smile:

I am currently working at sainsburys full time as i worked there part time and the offered me one so I figured I would take it at least until I can find something better, I would like to get some work in the animal sector as it would look better but when life gives you lemons :L I wanted to be a vet but I decided that I would rather be a zoo keeper, elephants or mammals mostly :smile: What you doing this year? :smile:
I am currently working at sainsburys full time as i worked there part time and the offered me one so I figured I would take it at least until I can find something better, I would like to get some work in the animal sector as it would look better but when life gives you lemons :L I wanted to be a vet but I decided that I would rather be a zoo keeper, elephants or mammals mostly :smile: What you doing this year? :smile:

I keep saying I want to be a vet but now im not sure cos there is so much to do! Id love to be a zoo keeper too, but also help animals around the world that cant get help...very vague haha but i want to do everything :biggrin: Im going to Africa for a month in December to work at a wild cat sanctuary which should be amazing! Then hopefully other work experience and lambing next year. Writtle is one of my top unis to go to, but Ive recently visited Harper Adams and it looks amazing there too :s-smilie: decisions, decisions. Ill have to make up my mind when I visit Writtle in October :smile:
I keep saying I want to be a vet but now im not sure cos there is so much to do! Id love to be a zoo keeper too, but also help animals around the world that cant get help...very vague haha but i want to do everything :biggrin: Im going to Africa for a month in December to work at a wild cat sanctuary which should be amazing! Then hopefully other work experience and lambing next year. Writtle is one of my top unis to go to, but Ive recently visited Harper Adams and it looks amazing there too :s-smilie: decisions, decisions. Ill have to make up my mind when I visit Writtle in October :smile:

ahaha yeah I am like that I want to do everything I can :L Like I am on a save the animals rampage :biggrin: working in Africa sounds amazing! I looked into that but I just cant afford it, so hopefully going to get a load of work experience during the days that I am not working. I LOVED Writtle when I went, not sure my mum did, shes not a dirt animals kinda person but I loved it, Their stud farm is amazing! and the small animals centre. I just loved it all :smile:
Reply 12
I've applied to study Equine Science for September. Part-time though for me!
ahaha yeah I am like that I want to do everything I can :L Like I am on a save the animals rampage :biggrin: working in Africa sounds amazing! I looked into that but I just cant afford it, so hopefully going to get a load of work experience during the days that I am not working. I LOVED Writtle when I went, not sure my mum did, shes not a dirt animals kinda person but I loved it, Their stud farm is amazing! and the small animals centre. I just loved it all :smile:

I just cant make up my mind! Although I might work in a zoo or something for a few years while I save money to do a vet course, but Im not sure. I need to get other work experience too, i have lambing and milking and everything planned for Easter but thats ages away! Im going to Writtle for Wednesday, cant wait to see what it looks like :smile: The Harper Adams courses all have placement years too you see which look amazing, so I cant decide :/ Oh well, at least I have almost a year haha. UCAS application is now sent off, finally :P
Reply 14
Well I just got my conditional offer for C&Z Animal Management so, as long as I get at least all C's, which should be fine unless something goes majorly wrong, I'm going to Writtle next September! Anyone else heard who's applying to go next year heard back yet? I'd love to know some people before I go! Anyone who is going next year, feel free to add me on facebook- Melissa Hunt. My profile picture is the one with red hair next to my boyfriend in a batman top. Or Twitter, MelHunt182. I really want to get to know people!
I have applied for Equine Sports Therapies at Writtle for next september! I am planning on going to the open day on 11th december. What do people think of it? good and bad points?
Looking forward to checking out Writtle College in September. I haven't received my approval letter yet. But I hear so any great things about the program.
Hiyaaaaaa, Im currently at Writtle College and I'll be going onto second year as of September 2014 - i do Animal Management - you will really enjoy yourself up here, its aceeeeee.
Feel free to message me if you have any puestions or anything, or add me on facebook; Mairead Browne (my pictures of me trout pouting and headers a group of people)
:biggrin::biggrin:
I got a message from Writtle College rejecting my application. Enjoy the rest of your course.
studying animal management zoo and companion this September and staying in tabor 1 or 3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending