The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Will there be any inter-college freshers stuff? It'd be nice to meet some people who aren't in my college/course on a night out.
Reply 421
Original post by Oromis263
I hear you...

That being said, so far the other fresher's on the facebook page have got the plan down. Not looking forward to the whole matriculation and photo saturday morning...and the book discussion :lol:

Oh man, photos? I hate photos. And people. **** this **** I'm joining a commune.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Book discussion? And...what would that be exactly...? (freaks out a bit)
Original post by wibletg
So... don't attend if you don't want to...? :tongue:

:tongue: Meant it isn't optional, but taking part in the discussion is. :lol:
Original post by Oboe1994
Oh man, photos? I hate photos. And people. **** this **** I'm joining a commune.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too. Luckily it's from a distance. Feeling ready? I swear we had more time until we go (not that I am not excited, I obviously am) but I just realised I still have work and stuff to do...

Original post by nickyr212
Book discussion? And...what would that be exactly...? (freaks out a bit)

Haven't you read it?! :wink:

Spoiler

Reply 425
Me too. Luckily it's from a distance. Feeling ready? I swear we had more time until we go (not that I am not excited, I obviously am) but I just realised I still have work and stuff to do...

Haven't you read it?! :wink:

Spoiler

No I'm not ready the only things I have packed are a garlic crusher, a frying pan and mini cheese grater... Arghhh *continues not to organise anything*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 426
No I'm not ready the only things I have packed are a garlic crusher, a frying pan and mini cheese grater... Arghhh *continues not to organise anything*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still got a week :tongue: I need to be organised by saturday :wink:
Reply 427
Original post by wibletg
Still got a week :tongue: I need to be organised by saturday :wink:

I'm going to Leeds this weekend... Eep

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 428
I'm going to Leeds this weekend... Eep

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh dear :tongue: weekends are best for organisation :tongue: or are you going to buy stuff?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have bought a suit. And some cutlery. I'll pack the day before, it's fine. :tongue:
Reply 430
Is anyone else finding it a bit weird to see everyone else's photos of Freshers' Week on Facebook and think that that's still a couple of weeks away?
Reply 431
Original post by wibletg
Oh dear :tongue: weekends are best for organisation :tongue: or are you going to buy stuff?

Nope just to drink my weekly allowance of gin... :tongue: it'll be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 432
Original post by Motholax
Is anyone else finding it a bit weird to see everyone else's photos of Freshers' Week on Facebook and think that that's still a couple of weeks away?

Aye, but now I'm scared of it so I don't want it to come earlier...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 433
Nope just to drink my weekly allowance of gin... :tongue: it'll be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Funny you should mention that, I just bought 70cl of gin today :tongue:
I have bought a suit. And some cutlery. I'll pack the day before, it's fine. :tongue:

Do we absolutely need a suit?
(and a tux?)
Kings haven't been that clear.
Original post by ben-smith
(and a tux?)

I don't think so with the tux. You might need a suit for matriculation, but other than that everything else you could get away with just formal clothing, it seems. Best bet would be to ask on the freshers' page, or academic parents.
Reply 436
I don't think so with the tux. You might need a suit for matriculation, but other than that everything else you could get away with just formal clothing, it seems. Best bet would be to ask on the freshers' page, or academic parents.

Do you think it's acceptable to matriculate in tie-dye...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 437

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kings might be the only college where you might be able to get away with that :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please, please try. :tongue: :lol:
Reply 439
Original post by ben-smith
(and a tux?)

Well, you'll need a dark suit to matriculate in, but you won't NEED black tie. My boyfriend managed five years at King's without black tie, mainly because he has a tweed jacket he wears to formals (with smart trousers and Doc Martens) and he also has a military jacket he got from an army surplus shop... and that covers most situations. I bought him a cheap second-hand dinner jacket last year off the Oxfam website, but he hardly wears it.

Equally if you WANT to wear black tie (can be got cheaply from Asda, or second hand), you can wear black tie to most formals if you choose, balls, and other black tie events.

Latest