The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3880
Original post by Qari
Is it any good. My 3rd year in A-Level and I am still unsure on what to do :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've only had one lecture so far in 'skills for biologists' but it's really good so far :biggrin:

I did a 3 years of a levels too :biggrin:
Reply 3881
Original post by lilGem
I've only had one lecture so far in 'skills for biologists' but it's really good so far :biggrin:

I did a 3 years of a levels too :biggrin:

Every smart person does it :biggrin: and was biologoical sciences your plan from year 1

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3882
Original post by Qari
Every smart person does it :biggrin: and was biologoical sciences your plan from year 1

Posted from TSR Mobile

It wasn't. initially I was going to apply for Spanish and Ab initio Italian but due to various circumtances I had to drop Spanish hence why I took up biology. It was then in my A2 year I realised my love for it so I took up AS chemistry in the following year along with psychology to help my application as I had subjects like history, economics etc at A2 :redface:
Reply 3883
Original post by lilGem
It wasn't. initially I was going to apply for Spanish and Ab initio Italian but due to various circumtances I had to drop Spanish hence why I took up biology. It was then in my A2 year I realised my love for it so I took up AS chemistry in the following year along with psychology to help my application as I had subjects like history, economics etc at A2 :redface:

Lol. I did biology first failed it. Resat year and picked physics instead. Glad I chose physics love the work and experiments we do. Btw don't you have lecture today

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3884
Original post by Qari
Lol. I did biology first failed it. Resat year and picked physics instead. Glad I chose physics love the work and experiments we do. Btw don't you have lecture today

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had a 9am one :smile: which is all I have as my seminar is cancelled
Reply 3885
Original post by lilGem
I had a 9am one :smile: which is all I have as my seminar is cancelled

What is a seminar?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3886
Original post by Qari
What is a seminar?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's more common in arts based degrees but it is a series of small group discussions on a given area, you are normally set work before them which you will then discuss :smile:
Reply 3887
Original post by lilGem
It's more common in arts based degrees but it is a series of small group discussions on a given area, you are normally set work before them which you will then discuss :smile:

Oh right. Sounds like fun :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3888
Original post by Qari
Oh right. Sounds like fun :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll let you know :tongue:
Reply 3889
Original post by lilGem
I'll let you know :tongue:

I look forward to it lol :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by purplemind
Where is Charmander? :frown:

Charmander's away on holiday at the moment. :holmes: Besides, if I changed this avatar, my reasoning ability would drop by 40% :holmes: (pos rep to whoever gets the reference).
Original post by lilGem
:biggrin:

I'll post them now one sec :biggrin:

Very nice :biggrin:
Reply 3892
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Very nice :biggrin:

Thank you :biggrin: I have the most amazing view of the sunset. . .or I would if not for the 50th anniversary tent blocking the view :unimpressed:
Original post by Felix Felicis
Charmander's away on holiday at the moment. :holmes: Besides, if I changed this avatar, my reasoning ability would drop by 40% :holmes: (pos rep to whoever gets the reference).

Oh, right, I really liked your avatar with Charmander. :smile:
I guess the reference has something to do with anime that the pic comes from but don't know the anime. :rolleyes:
Original post by lilGem
:yep: so far it sounds daunting with the number of guest speakers we have saying how much BIO push us and how brutal the course is hence why I'm writing up friday's lecture notes now :redface:

Thank you :biggrin:

all my lecturers seem really nice :biggrin:

and the crush update: he's said he loves me twice the past two days :love: life is very good at the moment :biggrin: :love:

Oh that's a bit scary :redface: you'll cope extremely well I'm sure! But that's great of you, showing your dedication already :tongue:

You're welcome :smile:

Yay, that's great :biggrin:

That's so so so sweet :love: it sounds it! I'm very happy for you :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Trip to Lancaster university tomorrow, just me, another student (luckily a best friend) and my english literature teacher. This should be interesting :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3896
Original post by Lucy96
Oh that's a bit scary :redface: you'll cope extremely well I'm sure! But that's great of you, showing your dedication already :tongue:

You're welcome :smile:

Yay, that's great :biggrin:

That's so so so sweet :love: it sounds it! I'm very happy for you :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:biggrin: :love:
Original post by lilGem
Thank you :biggrin: I have the most amazing view of the sunset. . .or I would if not for the 50th anniversary tent blocking the view :unimpressed:

Aww well it will will be gone soon :smile: I hope I get an offer from UEA
Reply 3898

It will be :biggrin: there's also a donkey sanctuary hidden behind the broad XD

I hope you do too! It's really lovely here :awesome:
Reply 3899

Original post by lilGem
It will be :biggrin: there's also a donkey sanctuary hidden behind the broad XD

I hope you do too! It's really lovely here :awesome: