The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Emma Watson is extremily rude ! I wrote her a love letter that i wanted to be her sex slafe, but she didnt answer, teherefor she is to snobbish ( But that i found out to late, !!! )
I was out in Chester couple of nights ago at this pretty dead club having cocktails upstairs. Just as we were going down the stairs a bouncer asked us to move to the side when a woman with the biggest boobs in the world walked up behind him looking super up her own ass. When we asked the other bouncer who that was it turned out it was some lass from Geordie Shore. She gave us the worst look when she overheard us. What even is Geordie Shore?
Original post by dartanoir
What even is Geordie Shore?

An *extremely* crap TV show.
met JK, the radio DJ and tv presenter in a bowling ally a little while back - really nice guy thankfully!
Original post by Ross Kemp.
I don't approach famous people, chances are they'll kick off, and I don't always bring my running shoes.

I always think it's part of their job. If you choose to be an actor or go on TV in front of millions then you've got to be prepared to talk to random people on the street.

-------------

Saw Warwick Davis once. Didn't speak to him but he seemed like a nice guy- taking pictures with people and signing autographs.
Reply 425
I served Gok Wan when I worked at Pets at Home- didn't recognise him at first until my colleagues were running around in gigglish excitement! He was really lovely to us all and let us stroke his little dog. Then he said thanks a million times to all of us and drove off in his new audi which I was pleased to be parked next to my car (as though we've been car-park neighbours lol)
(edited 10 years ago)
I have met a grand total of 2 famous people. One being frank turner, who I had a few drinks with after a gig long long before he started getting airplay, back in a tiny tiny venue. Absolutely top guy. He recognised me a year or so later at a slightly bigger venue and came and had a chat. Honestly so nice!

The other is david millar the cyclist, and he was charming. Was clearly knackered but he was more than happy to have a chat and a photo.

Edit: actually three, I met richard dawkins at an alfred russell wallace day thing in bristol, he was very polite, very smiley and was more than happy to sign my book and have a chat about it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Met Cristiano Ronaldo really randomly some time last year. He was actually really nice and normal. We took pictures and had a chat about football and life in general lol. Dunno why so many people dislike him
Original post by SoNottingH
I was brought up in Central-West London too and have seen plenty of well-known people in our area and around town.

I met my Dad outside a posh hotel in Knightsbridge and Keira Knightley was going in - her driver helped her with her bags and she was like "oh get a move on!" and she kind of brushed past the concierge looking annoyed. I suppose she was in a hurry and stressed out by something, but she came over as a total brat!

Also saw Julia Roberts shopping in Harvey Nicks - she seemed chatty and nice as far as I could tell. Kirsten Dunst was in front of me at the tills in Selfridges food - she was joking and quite sweet with the woman who served her.

Colin Firth was outside the Garrick Club not long ago when I was passing with a friend and this girl rushes up to him and asks for his autograph and he just totally ignored her and carried on chatting to the person he was with. She looked devastated! I can sort of understand it a bit though, someone like him must get loads of hassle all the time.

My sister works in Covent Garden and she often sees famous people. She was sitting at a coffee shop outside with her friend and Emma Watson came and sat at the next table with a mate. My sister, being a total fangirl, was like "oh Emma, we think you're great!" when they got up to go and she just acted like they weren't even there, lol.

I think Keira Knightley always comes across poorly in interviews. Like just really smug...
Well a bunch of my friends studying medicine in Bristol met Stephen Hawking and they held a door open for him. Apparently he said 'I don't need your help'. Then drove past lol.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ChickenMadness
Well a bunch of my friends studying medicine in Bristol met Stephen Hawking and they held a door open for him. Apparently he said 'I don't need your help'. Then drove past lol.

I could imagine that's his genius sense of humour :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My friend met the UK musican Foxes recently while working backstage at a show, and apparently, she looked at her like she was a peasant, with a fag in one hand and a maxi dress in the other.
I met Osric Chau at a train station once, I was bagless and my mother was carrying our suitcase, and he joked about me making her take it.
I also met Noel Clarke, but I only had my maths notebook and my copy of 'The Picture of Dorian Gray', so I had him sign the latter and he half-laughed and looked confused at that.
Reply 433
Alan Halsall (plays Tyrone on coronation street, if you count that as famous) refused to let my little brother be a mascot with him for a charity football match at my dads work because he was nearly taller than him. Full on went ''Not ****ing going out with him'' to poor lads face.
Reply 434
When Jimmy Carr came to belfast, fans were waiting outside his hotel, and he walked past and flipped them off.

Eamon holmes is also rude - he was in the odyssey and was rude to staff, basically acting like he owned the place.
I seen Jimmy Nail filming Auf Wiedersehen in Bangkok, and when I went to take his picture, he put his had up like he was a superstar and then sent a security guy over to accost me, he even said 'let me look at your pics' naturally I told hime politely to F off.

The guy that played his son, black fella who's name escapes me, came over to us and said, he can be a moany bugger at times, sorry about that, so kudos to that lad.
Original post by llessur123
Gok Wan. I was standing behind him in a queue and he ignored the server when she said hello and asked if he would like anything else, I thought that was pretty rude. Not to mention he smelt really strongly of stale sweat.

I met him in M&S Marble Arch once - thought he was quite rude and dismissive; not like his TV "persona" at all.
I met Gemma Colin from only ways excess and we asked for one photo and she said you have to pay £100 for one photo on its own or A: we either brought something from her shop or B: she signed are handbag and we had to pay ridiculous we just walked out and Did not have a photo 😱
Steven Gerrard about ten years ago at a bar in Portugal (he has a villa there). Complete arse.
Original post by gjd800
Steven Gerrard about ten years ago at a bar in Portugal (he has a villa there). Complete arse.

:biggrin:

What did he do and are you an Evertonian?

Latest