The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Staying at Manor Park 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cwood166
If we haven't found that many people that we will be living with, do you think that means that they are likely to be international students? :smile:

Ah good point

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 261
If we haven't found that many people that we will be living with, do you think that means that they are likely to be international students? :smile:

Generally international and domestic students aren't put completely in the same flats. Not to say that there won't be any, just that you're unlikely to be in a flat where the complete majority is international students, with only a couple of domestic students.

The reason you've not found many, is just that the amount of people who are on this forum is very small in comparison.
Reply 262
Original post by cainprince1
Ooo nice to see some more engineers about! I'm going to be a postgrad doing Mobile Comms Systems (Electronic Engineering), but undergrad was in maths, so if you need a hand with maths-y things then let me know =) I'm in Ronald Ross 34 (Block G), havent seen anyone else in my flat yet =(

Thanks! :biggrin:

But now that you've said this, expect me to come knocking on your door every other day :tongue:
Manor park block C AF3-5 so how is it people im staying in town until 28rh
anybody in my flat or block🎉🎉
Reply 264
Original post by Dan1909
Generally international and domestic students aren't put completely in the same flats. Not to say that there won't be any, just that you're unlikely to be in a flat where the complete majority is international students, with only a couple of domestic students.

The reason you've not found many, is just that the amount of people who are on this forum is very small in comparison.

Ah okay, thanks Dan! I have another question for you, what happens in terms of post? Is there somewhere we can collect it? As I'm guessing we don't have a letterbox haha
Reply 265
Ah okay, thanks Dan! I have another question for you, what happens in terms of post? Is there somewhere we can collect it? As I'm guessing we don't have a letterbox haha

Post gets sorted centrally, and then sent to your court reception where you can go and pick it up :smile:.
Reply 266
Original post by Danniella Hurt
What floor are you on?

I don't know. The room says : BE-WS/0S-07. I guess I will be on ground floor. What about you?
Reply 267
Original post by WesleyT
I'm actually staying in Wealden House,, but at least we are in the same area :smile:

And Economics is a social science so..
One of us. One of us. :tongue:

Oh yeah. It is! Haha. :wink: See you around soon.
Reply 268
Original post by WesleyT
Aw thanks! :smile:
I had a look on Google Maps and saw there was a small parking area out front.. but depending how many people are arriving on Sunday it might be chock-full haha

I wonder if anyone knows where the 'AP HelpDesk 23AP00' is? I received an email saying this is where I can collect the ResNet wifi thing on welcome weekend :P

You bought it? I thought the ResNet wifi kit will be sent to my home address. So, actually, we need to collect it?
Original post by Zw93
I don't know. The room says : BE-WS/0S-07. I guess I will be on ground floor. What about you?

I'm 0S-09 so we are in the same flat :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 270
Original post by WesleyT
Aw thanks! :smile:
I had a look on Google Maps and saw there was a small parking area out front.. but depending how many people are arriving on Sunday it might be chock-full haha

I wonder if anyone knows where the 'AP HelpDesk 23AP00' is? I received an email saying this is where I can collect the ResNet wifi thing on welcome weekend :P

It's in the AP (Austin Pearce) building, on the right hand side once you go through the main doors. You'll know which building this is once you get to campus, it's quite hard to avoid!

Original post by Zw93
You bought it? I thought the ResNet wifi kit will be sent to my home address. So, actually, we need to collect it?

You'll need to pick it up from campus, overall a much better idea than sending them to your home addresses.
Original post by Zw93

Have you got facebook?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 272
MP Block C AF flat 5??? Anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 273
Original post by Zw93

Yeah- I received an email from IT Services @Surrey yesterday and they have said to bring along a completed collection form to their Help Desk where we can pick up the ResNet kit :smile:

Edit: the collection form was included in the email they sent
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 274
Original post by Dan1909
It's in the AP (Austin Pearce) building, on the right hand side once you go through the main doors. You'll know which building this is once you get to campus, it's quite hard to avoid!

Original post by WesleyT

But now that you've said this, expect me to come knocking on your door every other day :tongue:

Haha bring sweet treats and I will not object! =D
Reply 276
Original post by Danniella Hurt
I'm 0S-09 so we are in the same flat :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow. nice one. just two rooms away. :tongue:. my facebook name is Kingsley Wen. add me
Reply 277
Alexander fleming manor park flat 58 any one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Karlosoraptor
I'm in Ronald Ross, Block D
My room number is 27 :biggrin:..........I think xD It had a "-3" after, who knows what that means!

Hey I'm at Ronald Ross too no.20. Is there anyone in 1-20 who's an undergraduate?
Reply 279
Hello! Anyone in MP Block D Alexander Fleming? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending