The Student Room Group

Medicine 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Brightbud
Woah that is amazing good luck and have fun! and thanks for the tips!

Thank you :biggrin:.

You're welcome! Good luck with your application - where are you applying?
Reply 701
Guys, which unis would be best to apply to with a score of 737 in the UKCAT? I'm currently applying to st George's kings barts and Bristol. But that was before I did the UKCAT. Any advice?
Reply 702
Original post by Natalie21
Thank you :biggrin:.

You're welcome! Good luck with your application - where are you applying?

Still finalising my choices, however i am thinking of Manchester Leeds and Sheffield!
Still finalising my choices, however i am thinking of Manchester Leeds and Sheffield!

Nice! I'd give you some advice, but didn't apply to any of those! Best of luck though! :biggrin:.
Hmm i see your point, its just that people on here seem to have alot of things such as DOE and grade x piano or another instrument and other stuff.

So it just made me feel as though i didn't have a strong enough ec para compared to other students...

I feel the same way tbh, I have a few bits but nothing like any awards :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 705
i'm thinking of applying to ucl and i got all As at AS (bio, chem, physics and maths) but they weren't high As, probably about 83% average, is there much emphasis on ums scores at ucl?
Original post by adersh96
i'm thinking of applying to ucl and i got all As at AS (bio, chem, physics and maths) but they weren't high As, probably about 83% average, is there much emphasis on ums scores at ucl?

No emphasis at all, they can't see your ums scores!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anybody applying to imperial medical school?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tinuviel
Bristol? Keele? Although it does depend on a whole number of other things

Do you think I can get into St. andrews and Aberdeen? I have predicted 45 at IB, 6 A*, 1 A, 2 Bs at IGCSE
Hello guys, is it very hard to get into Bristol? Someone told me it has lots of applicants so its very hard to get chosen, is it true?
Original post by MS Miz
Guys, which unis would be best to apply to with a score of 737 in the UKCAT? I'm currently applying to st George's kings barts and Bristol. But that was before I did the UKCAT. Any advice?

That UKCAT score is awesome! I think you can apply to anywhere as long as you have a good application as a whole (i mean personal statement, reference etc)
Reply 711
is anyone applying to Leicester?
Original post by medicinebabe
Is anybody applying to imperial medical school?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Meeee!
Original post by natlynn96
Meeee!

Hii :smile: what are your stats? How is bmat prep going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

GSCEs 10A*s 3As
Predicted grades (Pre-U) D1 D1 D2 (maths, Chemistry, history) A* (A-level biology)
No AS
BMAT erm...I'm so worried about not doing physics. I looked at some questions and I have forgotten everything!
What about you? :smile:
Reply 715
Original post by salmaed
is anyone applying to Leicester?

i am!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 716
Original post by Natalie21
You don't need any proof for your ECs! I put down zumba and scrapbooking - and my unis had no proof I did them! I also mentioned St John Ambulance - but that was more volunteering than EC.

Love zumba!! I put it down as my EC too :biggrin: sent my application off yesterday-scary!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mee too.

Bmat prep..... umm. need to find some time for that :frown:

stats: gcse 8A*s 3 As + distinction in ict worth 3 gcses
AS= AAAAA
A2 predictions =A*A*A*

ukcat was 712.5

wbu?
Original post by natlynn96
GSCEs 10A*s 3As
Predicted grades (Pre-U) D1 D1 D2 (maths, Chemistry, history) A* (A-level biology)
No AS
BMAT erm...I'm so worried about not doing physics. I looked at some questions and I have forgotten everything!
What about you? :smile:

I have 41/45 and i already have an unconditional for imperial and medicinee for 2014 from last yeat ucas cycle

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mo_maths
Mee too.

Bmat prep..... umm. need to find some time for that :frown:

stats: gcse 8A*s 3 As + distinction in ict worth 3 gcses
AS= AAAAA
A2 predictions =A*A*A*

ukcat was 712.5

wbu?

Woow good ukcat, cngratz!!
I hace an uncondtional offer from imperiall :smile:

Dont worry about bmat, it will go better than you think