The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Robbie242
Of course a gazzillion A*s I'd expect nothing less from Usy :cool:. How strange :tongue:, are you close to sending off your application (I've being done for more than a week but I'm just waiting for my bloody remark)

Haha, thanks, hopefully I can get them :crossedf:

Yeah, will probably submit it tomorrow :yep: Damn, hopefully it comes back soon! :crossedf:
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Thank you :biggrin: I can only see myself getting 1 interview if any hahaha. Oh right, hopefully there's not too much corrections :smile:

You're welcome! Hey, be positive! Though it's hard to know with medicine, I suppose :tongue: hopefully :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy96
You're welcome! Hey, be positive! Though it's hard to know with medicine, I suppose :tongue: hopefully :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That was me being positive :tongue: just remember, you don't have to take on board all their points. I certainly didn't
That was me being positive :tongue: just remember, you don't have to take on board all their points. I certainly didn't

Ah you're crazy :wink: Any idea how long it may take before you hear back from any of them? Yeah that's very true, I'm happy with it now so I'd really prefer not to change it too much!
Original post by Robbie242
Pembroke ofc

In all seriousness, they're both really lovely colleges. Not sure which to go for - I might draw up a list to help me decide. :holmes:
Reply 3965
1 Week ago, i thought my PS was as good as it could be...

Right now, im basically changing 3/5 paragraphs >.<
Thank god im not an early sender!
Original post by Lucy96
Ah you're crazy :wink: Any idea how long it may take before you hear back from any of them? Yeah that's very true, I'm happy with it now so I'd really prefer not to change it too much!

Well you know :mmm: all my unis use the UKCAT, so I probably won't hear from any until around November/December time unless they send out acknowledgments. :biggrin: good idea!!
Original post by Endless Blue
In all seriousness, they're both really lovely colleges. Not sure which to go for - I might draw up a list to help me decide. :holmes:

The latter, so you can tell people "I have a friend in Jesus" :wink:
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
The latter, so you can tell people "I have a friend in Jesus" :wink:

Which college are you applying to?
Original post by Endless Blue
Which college are you applying to?

I put down Pembroke
:lol: haha I was surprised when you said OCR :tongue:

I have :smile:

Chemistry and Physics are:colone:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Chemistry and Physics are:colone:

Worst exam board imo, you know, after WJEC.

OCR? It isn't too bad. :smile: (Unless you are doing Salters Chemistry xD)

Bio guys/gals, for the Calvin cycle is only CH2O (methanal, I suppose), siphoned off? And then after 6 cycles, what causes them to combine to give Glucose (C6H12O6)?
Original post by purplemind
OCR? It isn't too bad. :smile: (Unless you are doing Salters Chemistry xD)

Do you think? Salters is a joke tbh
Original post by keromedic
Bio guys/gals, for the Calvin cycle is only CH2O (methanal, I suppose), siphoned off? And then after 6 cycles, what causes them to combine to give Glucose (C6H12O6)?

Haven't gone done that bit of photosynthesis yet sorry
Well you know :mmm: all my unis use the UKCAT, so I probably won't hear from any until around November/December time unless they send out acknowledgments. :biggrin: good idea!!

Oh I see, I hope you're a patient person then :tongue: I've heard Durham can be a pain with responding, so that's really going to annoy me :unimpressed: hehe :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you think? Salters is a joke tbh

Salters have too much real life stuff for me. :smile:
I have OCR for Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths, not too bad.

Haven't gone done that bit of photosynthesis yet sorry

It's fine. Thanks :smile:
Where are you up to?
Original post by Lucy96
Oh I see, I hope you're a patient person then :tongue: I've heard Durham can be a pain with responding, so that's really going to annoy me :unimpressed: hehe :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm actually not xD but I'm trying to get it out of my mind :tongue: are they? Aww well as long as you hear from your others sooner
Original post by purplemind
Salters have too much real life stuff for me. :smile:
I have OCR for Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths, not too bad.

I've never actually seen a salters paper or anything, but OCR are long, most of my GCSEs were with them and I did worst in OCR subjects

AQA chemistry, bar the ISA, you can't beat it :tongue:
Original post by keromedic
It's fine. Thanks :smile:
Where are you up to?

Watching X-factor and doing a bit of bio coursework :smile:
I'm so confused, it is normal to be so extremely passionate about a subject but not want to do it at university?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest