The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lucy96
I'm so confused, it is normal to be so extremely passionate about a subject but not want to do it at university?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's perfectly normal (I hope). I went through a lot of hassle to do both FM and music this year and I'm doing neither at University! :smile:
Original post by Lucy96
I'm so confused, it is normal to be so extremely passionate about a subject but not want to do it at university?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, yes...maths :love: :tongue:
Original post by mynameisntbobk

I've never actually seen a salters paper or anything, but OCR are long, most of my GCSEs were with them and I did worst in OCR subjects

AQA chemistry, bar the ISA, you can't beat it :tongue:

I have only seen AS ones. :smile:
I hated OCR ISA in Biology, I didn't enjoy Biology too much anyway, so happy I dropped it.
I'm actually not xD but I'm trying to get it out of my mind :tongue: are they? Aww well as long as you hear from your others sooner

Aw never mind :tongue: yeah I'm sure all the college work will take your mind off it! Apparently so, yeah exactly :smile:
Original post by keromedic
It's perfectly normal (I hope). I went through a lot of hassle to do both FM and music this year and I'm doing neither at University! :smile:

Oh that's good haha! I just find myself getting really excited over history (yes, I'm cool :colondollar:) I love talking about it, learning about it, but I just couldn't see myself spending 3 years studying it. I'm picky with what aspects I like :tongue: I'll just research it in my own time :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by usycool1

Oh yeah! You're the perfect example :tongue: glad to know I'm not making the wrong decision then, it just feels strange having to make a decision as to what I want to do for the next 3 years after A levels, I'm only 17, still a little girl :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy96
Aw never mind :tongue: yeah I'm sure all the college work will take your mind off it! Apparently so, yeah exactly :smile:

Oh that's good haha! I just find myself getting really excited over history (yes, I'm cool :colondollar:) I love talking about it, learning about it, but I just couldn't see myself spending 3 years studying it. I'm picky with what aspects I like :tongue: I'll just research it in my own time :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If money and other stuff weren't an object, I would do an undergrad in music though in addition to Medicine. I wish I could do both lol like a minor in music and a major in medicine :biggrin:.
(edited 10 years ago)

oH YES, you've been bitten by the maths bug!!
Original post by keromedic
If money and other thing weren't an object, I would do an undergrad in music though in addition to Medicine. I wish I could do both lol like a minor in music and a major in medicine :biggrin:.

Aww wow! And that'd be so cool haha :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy96
Aww wow! And that'd be so cool haha :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed. One thing that's made me consider America :tongue:! :smile:
Original post by purplemind
I have only seen AS ones. :smile:
I hated OCR ISA in Biology, I didn't enjoy Biology too much anyway, so happy I dropped it.

Ah fair enough :smile: I'll take your word for it
Ah your so lucky!! I hated biology at AS as well, A2 is so much more better, but one of my A2 teachers, I ****ing hate him, literally set out to make me fail the subject despite getting over 90% at AS and being predicted an A* (I didn't even have him last year either)
Original post by Lucy96

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I'm sure it will :tongue: bio coursework is doing that already. Well it'll be worth it as long as the end reply is positive
(edited 10 years ago)
Hate waiting for universities to reply to emails. It's makes me tense. And then when I see I have a new email I get nervous.

And then it turns out it's a spam email :frown:
Ah fair enough :smile: I'll take your word for it
Ah your so lucky!! I hated biology at AS as well, A2 is so much more better, but one of my A2 teachers, I ****ing hate him, literally set out to make me fail the subject despite getting over 90% at AS and being predicted an A* (I didn't even have him last year either)

I know. :tongue: It took me too much time to 'memorise' my textbook and notes and as I don't need Biology, I don't do it anymore. :smile: I got 95% at AS Biology and could probably get an A* this year but 5 subjects at A2 in one year when there are no January exams would be a lot.
(edited 10 years ago)
I know. :tongue: It took me too much time to 'memorise' my textbook and notes and as I don't need Biology, I don't do it anymore. :smile: I got 95% at AS Biology and could probably get an A* this year but 5 subjects at A2 in one year when there are no January exams would be a lot.

Wow, you did great in it :eek: really wish I had your brain! Good shout though!!
Original post by Lucy96
Oh yeah! You're the perfect example :tongue: glad to know I'm not making the wrong decision then, it just feels strange having to make a decision as to what I want to do for the next 3 years after A levels, I'm only 17, still a little girl :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, you're older than me though. :ashamed2::tongue:

But yeah, I feel quite strange it's our last year! Don't want to leave my family and all but then also quite excited! :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Wow, you did great in it :eek: really wish I had your brain! Good shout though!!

Thanks. :smile: I remember how I spent one whole week revising Unit2 - I couldn't be bothered to revise my Biology regularly so then I just wanted to cry. But I think Biology is not about brain - it's about revising and revising so you keep it on the top of your head.
Thanks. :smile: I remember how I spent one whole week revising Unit2 - I couldn't be bothered to revise my Biology regularly so then I just wanted to cry. But I think Biology is not about brain - it's about revising and revising so you keep it on the top of your head.

Haha I never did that much biology revision :tongue: I couldn't stand the subject then. I really is, and being able to apply the content to unfamiliar situations is a must
Original post by Lucy96

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, that's how I feel about Physics despite it being the subject I find hardest :colondollar:
Reply 3997
I am worried about moving out. Reason why it took me so long to decide what I should do.
Original post by Felix Felicis
:lol: L is quite a memorable character I guess, loads of his remarks were pretty distinctive.

Apart from Death Note, I used to watch quite a few classic ones that lots of people seem to have seen in their childhood (DBZ, YuGiOh, Digimon, Pokémon, Beyblade, Naruto - obviously not every episode of each series but I've seen a fair amount of each and I watched all of DBZ, YuGiOh and Digimon), but that was quite some time ago. :/ I really want to see more though, some of them look really interesting, I just need more spare time. :sigh: I tried watching Fullmetal Alchemist and Code Geass at the start of summer but only saw the first few episodes and never really got into it that time around, maybe at Christmas or something I'll pick up where I left off. You?

I have (sort of) embarrassingly comprehensive knowledge of all of those animes apart from Naruto!

Code Geass is quite good - although a bit odd towards the end. I'm currently giving Steins;Gate and attack on titan a go before I drown disappear under all of my Uni work.

Original post by Lucy96

Posted from TSR Mobile

In my real life experiences it is quite unusual to be passionate about a subject at A-Level full stop. But if I think back generally people ended up either applying for/around the subject they liked the most, or they applied in prospects for a career path that appealed to them (e.g. Medicine, Engineering).
(edited 10 years ago)
Haha I'm sure it will :tongue: bio coursework is doing that already. Well it'll be worth it as long as the end reply is positive

Oh I bet, I really hate this coursework haha :frown: that's very true :biggrin:
Haha, you're older than me though. :ashamed2::tongue:

But yeah, I feel quite strange it's our last year! Don't want to leave my family and all but then also quite excited! :tongue:

I am :woo:

It is! Yeah I'm the same, but if I go to Liverpool, I won't exactly be far from them :lol:
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Yes, that's how I feel about Physics despite it being the subject I find hardest :colondollar:

Glad I'm not the only one! Physics seems so tough, but I understand why people love it :tongue:
Original post by Llewellyn
In my real life experiences it is quite unusual to be passionate about a subject at A-Level full stop. But if I think back generally people ended up either applying for/around the subject they liked the most, or they applied in prospects for a career path that appealed to them (e.g. Medicine, Engineering).

Oh really? Wow :tongue: I can see why, though. Ah right, well my choice does have a historical element so I guess that's something! Yeah true :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest