The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by Natasha001
Hi guys!
My UKCAT is on Oct 3rd, i subscribed for Medify but their bank of SJT questions is really inadequate, please what other good set of online practice questions can i subscribe for? Thanks
Any reply would really be appreciated!

You can try ukcathelp.org :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 301
Original post by Shaimaa95
I've already asked this question before but I want to be absolutely sure! I have 540 ucas tariff points, but that's including my B in A level general studies.. does that count? I'm abroad so its difficult to call them and ask, and I've tried emailing. Can someone please check if that's alright?

Would it be risky to apply with 665 ukcat and 540 ucas tariff?

To be honest i would say it is risky not because of your ukcat score but your ucas tariff points. Both are weighed equally by Barts , i would suggest you look at another university which does not have i would say this unique system of selecting applicants for interview like Barts does. But still if you really want to apply its up to you!
Reply 302
Hi just wondering if I have a chance of getting an interview here.

Gcses 2A*s 5As 2Bs

Predictions AAA

Ukcat - 692.5

Work experience 1 month of hospital experience

Volunteering - hospital volunteer and care home

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 303
Original post by Amaad121
To be honest i would say it is risky not because of your ukcat score but your ucas tariff points. Both are weighed equally by Barts , i would suggest you look at another university which does not have i would say this unique system of selecting applicants for interview like Barts does. But still if you really want to apply its up to you!

I'm also worried about tariff points, what kind of tariff points are good to apply with?
Reply 304
Hey got 580 UCAS tariff points and 660 UKCAT points. what are my chances?
Reply 305
Original post by islandboy
Hi just wondering if I have a chance of getting an interview here.

Gcses 2A*s 5As 2Bs

Predictions AAA

Ukcat - 692.5

Work experience 1 month of hospital experience

Volunteering - hospital volunteer and care home

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would avoid applying to Barts because your tariff points would only add up to 360 from in the info you've given, if you've got an A at AS that's another 60 points so 420...but unfortunately it's a little low, below their cut-off for UCAS tariffs even with a good UKCAT score like yours.
Reply 306
Original post by Shaimaa95
I'm also worried about tariff points, what kind of tariff points are good to apply with?

I would say above 600 is good. Higher your tariff points the lower ukcat score you would need for an interview.
Hi, ive got 2 questions.

Is a tariff of 540 (A*A*A*aa) and ukcat of 712.5 good enough??

also, is queen mary london the same as barts???
Hi,

I really need help.

I have the following A Levels:

A in Maths
A in Biology
A in Chemistry
B in German
B in Further Maths --> All done to complete A Levels

In my A Levels which I have certificates for (not sure whether this means cashed-in):

A in Maths
A in F.Maths (But because they changed my modules around for A-Levels, I now have a B in F.Maths at AS Level too).
A in Chemistry
A in Biology
A in German

If someone could tell me what my UCAS tariff would be: I understand it would be 360 for the 3 As + 100 for the B in German.
But what about my F.Maths, how many points would I get for that?

Also my UKCAT score is 2840 with a 710 average score.

Thank you for your help.
Original post by Mo_maths
Hi, ive got 2 questions.

Is a tariff of 540 (A*A*A*aa) and ukcat of 712.5 good enough??

also, is queen mary london the same as barts???

I would say that you have a chance and yes barts is a part of queen mary london

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 310
Hey guys urgent help needed!

im a bit stupid because I didn't fully check the UCAS tariff requirements needed for barts and I've put it down as a choice: my UCAS tariff is 420 (AAAa) which by the sounds of things isn't great. Im predicted the 3A and have achieved the a in AS. But my UKCAT averaged 737. What do you guys think, should I change to say Southampton where they put emphasis on UKCAT? I don't do anything musical so have no chance of increasing my tariff, which I really annoying.

any advice would be great!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 311
6A*s 1A 3BS at GCSE
UKCAT average of 690
AABBB at AS level with A*AA prediction (and dropping the A and B) therefore this should give me 490 ucas tariff points in total.. Should i apply to Barts?
Reply 312
Do i have a chance guys? I have an average of 690 on the UKCAT.
490 ucas points from A*AA predictions and two subjects (A and B) at AS level dropped. (AABBB at AS)
6A*s 1A 3B's at GCSE.
Reply 313
Hi guys,

I was an applicant last year and was placed on the waiting list. After weeks of deliberation, I've finally decided to apply here again. :smile:

My Stats:
UCAS tariff - 550
UKCAT - 3080 (770 average)
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by minhle20
Hi guys,

I was an applicant last year and was placed on the waiting list. After weeks of deliberation, I've finally decided to apply here again. :smile:

My Stats:
UCAS tariff - 550
UKCAT - 3080 (770 average)

What were your stats last year?
Reply 315
Original post by jollygood
What were your stats last year?

UCAS Tariff: 570
UKCAT: 2890 (722.5 average)
UCAS Tariff: 570
UKCAT: 2890 (722.5 average)

These are really good stats, how did your interview go last year?
Reply 317
Original post by jollygood
These are really good stats, how did your interview go last year?

The two interviewers I had were really nice but I was really nervous (I had 3 rejections and Barts was my last chance). Basically I mucked it up.
(edited 10 years ago)
The two interviewers I had were really nice but I was really nervous (I had 3 rejections and Barts was my last chance). Basically I mucked it up.

Ohh, I hope you get in this time. Where else did you apply?
Reply 319
Hey guys, can someone help me out with the tariff points? I'm a little confused as how they are allocated. I do know I have 95 points for music qualifications but how much does a prediction of AAAA in AS give me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending