The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vibenation
Anyone looking forward to this year fall season. We got Kuroko Basketball 2nd season and new season of Hajime no Ippo. Best lineup I ever seen.

yeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :dice:

Original post by AngryJellyfish
I've watched plenty of comedy series, and would still rate School Rumble highly. :yes: Have to say I preferred the manga, but that might just be because I read it first, so seeing the same jokes a second time around in the anime wasn't the same.

yeah same for me rewatching it for the 3rd time, i wana check out the manga, do you think its worth starting form the very start or continue from where it left off? i never watched san gakki, heard it was just like last couple of crappy eps to end the show and that they missed out all the stuff in between :s-smilie:

Original post by GalaxygunnerX
Ahh... You're going to really enjoy the later episodes then... Won't spoil anything but, what you saw up to now is only the beginning... :wink: might just check out the fight scenes then, naruto is definitely a quality anime and manga.

ooh i cannot wait :teeth:
Well Guys, I am officially going to the first anime society meeting today.
So happy! XD
Original post by Scienceisgood
Well Guys, I am officially going to the first anime society meeting today.
So happy! XD

haha have fun :teeth: i have to wait until monday :p:
Spoiler tags, please, that happens quite late on in the series! :s-smilie:

Dammit! My bad
Original post by eugenius 8
yeah same for me rewatching it for the 3rd time, i wana check out the manga, do you think its worth starting form the very start or continue from where it left off? i never watched san gakki, heard it was just like last couple of crappy eps to end the show and that they missed out all the stuff in between :s-smilie:

Depends really, it would just be the same jokes all over again, even if its in a different medium. Unless you're planning on buying it (which I wouldn't recommend, since Del Rey dropped it), I'd try reading from the start anyway - you can always skip to where the anime left off if you're not finding it as funny 4th time around. :p:

Not really - I think the fact that the creator knows roughly how long he wants the series to be suggests that he already has the rest of the story (and most importantly, the ending) perfectly paced and planned out. As good as Attack on Titan is, everything has to end eventually, and I'd rather it end on a high note rather than dragging on too long just because it's popular. :dontknow:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5566
Depends really, it would just be the same jokes all over again, even if its in a different medium. Unless you're planning on buying it (which I wouldn't recommend, since Del Rey dropped it), I'd try reading from the start anyway - you can always skip to where the anime left off if you're not finding it as funny 4th time around. :p:

Not really - I think the fact that the creator knows roughly how long he wants the series to be suggests that he already has the rest of the story (and most importantly, the ending) perfectly paced and planned out. As good as Attack on Titan is, everything has to end eventually, and I'd rather it end on a high note rather than dragging on too long just because it's popular. :dontknow:

Agreed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5567

I don't mind 20 volumes is still a few years for this manga. As long as it's not horribly dragged out like Naruto I'm happy.
Does anyone know whether they'll animate the whole series?
Original post by Mr-Schmuffle
Does anyone know whether they'll animate the whole series?

If you are talking about Attack On Titan, I would say the possibility that they will is gonna be very high because of the high selling manga (in terms of volumes sold) and the popularity of the anime.
If you are talking about Attack On Titan, I would say the possibility that they will is gonna be very high because of the high selling manga (in terms of volumes sold) and the popularity of the anime.

Yeah forgot to mention that xD hope it does air at least another few seasons :smile:
Reply 5571
Will 20 Volumes be roughly around 100 episodes then with the current pace of AOT? That's just a guess on my part since I don't read the manga. :tongue:
Question relating to Attack On Titan (Do not read further unless you have seen up to episode 25 of Attack On Titan and/or reached up to Chapter 34);

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Well guys, Attack On Titan season 2 hasn't been green lit just yet, however, the producers and other people do have plans, follow link for more info. =)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2013-09-28/attack-on-titan-staff-and-cast/more-anime-not-green-lit-yet
Reply 5574
Well guys, Attack On Titan season 2 hasn't been green lit just yet, however, the producers and other people do have plans, follow link for more info. =)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2013-09-28/attack-on-titan-staff-and-cast/more-anime-not-green-lit-yet

Yeah, I read about this from another source. Suffice to say, the overwhelming popularity for both the manga and, more importantly in this case, the anime guaranteed this.

It's also reassuring to know that Isayama has confirmed an ending for the manga, which'll give Araki/Production I.G an idea of how to handle the anime adaptation. We might receive multiple seasons, so the second might be on the horizon (next summer, at a guess).

Moreover, after finishing the last episode, the ending left it wide open for a continuation. Now we just have to patiently wait. :tongue:
Reply 5575
I may be heartless but

Spoiler

in last night's SNK made me laugh out loud. :tongue:
Original post by Arva
I may be heartless but

Spoiler

in last night's SNK made me laugh out loud. :tongue:

I wish they died in there...
Those priests get on my nerves in both the anime and in reality...
Reply 5577
I wish they died in there...
Those priests get on my nerves in both the anime and in reality...

Hey, if you put stuff in spoiler tags there's less chance of ... well, spoiling stuff. :tongue:

Spoiler

Original post by Arva
Hey, if you put stuff in spoiler tags there's less chance of ... well, spoiling stuff. :tongue:

Spoiler

Spoiler

My final rankings of this season's weekly anime (based on average weekly rankings from my blog):

1 Attack on Titan (replaces Higurashi no Naku Koro ni in my Top 50)

2 Genshiken Nidaime (will almost certainly be getting a place in my Top 50 as well)

3 Gatchaman Crowds (the rushed ending spoiled its chances of a 5/5 rating)

4 Hunter x Hunter (the Chimera Ant arc is great so far)

5 Free! (an entertaining series that actually ended well!)

6 Senki Zesshou Symphogear G (an enjoyable trainwreck)

7 Space Brothers (has been consistently good for over a year)

8 Danganronpa the Animation (ridiculous, but that's what made it entertaining)

9 Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi (started well, but never really recovered after Goran Academy)

10 Gin no Saji (a nice break from all the action in the series above)

11 Love Lab (took a while for me to warm to it, but since then it's been great fun)

12 Kimi no Iru Machi (liked the drama of the first half, but the second half was meh)

13 - Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen (too slow to build up for my liking)

14 Stella Jogakuin Koutouka C3-bu (went up and down my rankings like a yo-yo, but I'm glad I gave it a go)

15 - Gen’ei wo Kakeru Taiyou (average at best)

16 Uchouten Kazoku (I feel a bit harsh rating it this low, but it just didn't do much for me)

17 Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku (has its moments, but I've seen better)

18 Mushibugyou (very disappointed with the second half, it showed potential last season)
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest