The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

AJ, do you know anything about Danganronpa the Animation possibly continuing?
I know it was a weird anime to say the least but, was there any truth to that apocalyptic stuff that was being told?
Original post by Scienceisgood
AJ, do you know anything about Danganronpa the Animation possibly continuing?

Based on the appearance of the rabbit right at the end, if there is a sequel, it'll probably be an adaptation of the second game (Super Danganronpa 2: Farewell Despair Academy), featuring a new cast in a similar setting. :yes:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Based on the appearance of the rabbit right at the end, if there is a sequel, it'll probably be an adaptation of the second game (Super Danganronpa 2: Farewell Despair Academy), featuring a new cast in a similar setting. :yes:

Thing is, it was never actually explained what possessed them to take part in the first place (or at least I can't remember).
Reply 5583
If I were to rank the current season, excluding those that were airing before it, it'll probably be like this:

1. Monogatari Second Season
2. Kingdom 2
3. Danganronpa
4. Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya
5. Rozen Maiden
6. Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS
7. Free
8. Senki Zesshou Symphogear G
9. Blood Lad
10. Fantasista Doll
11. Highschool DxD New

Hopefully, I haven't forgotten any as I was writing this list offhand. All in all, not the best season ever, but far from terrible either. I'm really looking forward to the fall. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Aiko
If I were to rank the current season, excluding those that were airing before it, it'll probably be like this:

1. Monogatari Second Season
2. Kingdom 2
3. Danganronpa
4. Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya
5. Rozen Maiden
6. Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS
7. Free
8. Senki Zesshou Symphogear G
9. Blood Lad
10. Fantasista Doll
11. Highschool DxD New

Hopefully, I haven't forgotten any as I was writing this list offhand. All in all, not the best season ever, but far from terrible either. I'm really looking forward to the fall, though. :smile:

Looks as though you picked up virtually everything that I didn't. :p:

I was impressed with this season, more than I thought I'd be at the beginning at least - I was worried when I was putting together the Summer preview thread and virtually everything seemed to be tagged as comedy. :giggle: I'll definitely miss Genshiken Nidaime and Gatchaman Crowds. :frown:
Reply 5586
This might be a bit of interesting news for anyone following Hunter x Hunter (2011). The airing time slot has been changed to late night Tuesday from the previous time of 11am on Sundays.

http://www.lostinanime.com/2013/09/hunter-x-hunter-schedule-change.html

Considering the gore and psychological aspects weren't too censored before, I'm looking forward to how they'll be animating the best parts of the Chimera Ant arc now that the audience isn't an issue.
Reply 5587
Finished Attack on TItan. Some moments in the last two episodes made me :drool:. Mikasa just oozed coolness here.

Spoiler

Not a perfect series but one that I thoroughly enjoyed and probably my favourite of the year so far.. out of like the 4 series I watched.:hmmmm: Deserves a special mention for that OST.:cool:

So many questions asked in the series and instead of answers even more are raised. Cant wait for the next series.:sad:

Oh has anyone seen a translation of the text in the last eps ad break?
Original post by vin
Oh has anyone seen a translation of the text in the last eps ad break?

I ended up getting Horriblesubs release because I was impatient, and it was translated. :yes: Extracted, copied and pasted. :smile:

Attack on Titan spoilers, maybe?

(edited 10 years ago)
The most epic Minecraft design ever...

[video="youtube;Xi4yXBVuEEQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi4yXBVuEEQ#t=134[/video]
Reply 5590
I ended up getting Horriblesubs release because I was impatient, and it was translated. :yes: Extracted, copied and pasted. :smile:

Attack on Titan spoilers, maybe?

Thank you oh kind and venerable saint. :adore:

Now that is a nice little bit of extra story.:teeth:
Reply 5591
Looks as though you picked up virtually everything that I didn't. :p:

I was impressed with this season, more than I thought I'd be at the beginning at least - I was worried when I was putting together the Summer preview thread and virtually everything seemed to be tagged as comedy. :giggle: I'll definitely miss Genshiken Nidaime and Gatchaman Crowds. :frown:

Incidentally, I'm intending to start Gatchaman Crowds soon, likely this upcoming weekend. As for Genshiken Nidaime... Well, you know the reason why I haven't. :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
And we back and we back and we back. Started watching durarara! Loving the soundtrack so far... Mysterious as well...

Episode one review - ooh real mysterious, what? What? Nice beat... Ghost rider... Wha... Hmmm?
Episode two review - wait? A sentimental story about... Ooooh I see what you did there...

The soundtrack goes perfectly with each scene, best I've seen in a while, can't really formulate an opinion on this anime just yet though... Have you guys seen durarara? What did you think of it?
read Girl Friends :ninjagirl: was pretty cute and funny :h: they make the cutest couple ever :colondollar: but not as good as i thought it would be with all the hype over it

also watched Summer Wars at first anisoc meet, was pretty enjoyable :cool:
Depends really, it would just be the same jokes all over again, even if its in a different medium. Unless you're planning on buying it (which I wouldn't recommend, since Del Rey dropped it), I'd try reading from the start anyway - you can always skip to where the anime left off if you're not finding it as funny 4th time around. :p:

okie dokie from the start it is :woo:

gona miss the epic music and voice acting though :frown:
I just finished the Here is Greenwood manga, which was a fun read. Didn't feel like it had much of an ending, but that's not so important in a comedy series. :nah: I may have to check out the OVA, too. :beard: The vacancy in my reading list will now be filled by Twin Spica, seven volumes of which have been waiting in my unread pile since I picked them up ridiculously cheaply in a charity shop. :biggrin:

However, I'm close to finishing a couple of other series (Karakuri Odette and After School Nightmare), and have nothing lined up to read next. So if anybody has any manga recommendations, I'd be glad to hear them. :smile: As usual, I'm pretty fussy about what I will and will not pick up, but not so much in terms of genre; I'll consider anything that's fully published in English (i.e no ongoing series, non-licensed series, or series that got dropped by their publishers etc), with a preference for anything that isn't shoujo (only because, as you can probably gather from the series mentioned above, I've been reading a lot of shoujo recently and fancy a change :o:). If you're not sure whether something is licensed/completely released in English, just throw the titles at me anyway, and I'll look them up. :smile:

TL;DR: Manga recommendations, please! :blah:
(edited 10 years ago)
Just concluded Jako the space patrol man (Manga) by Akira Toriyama... Amazing...
I just finished the Here is Greenwood manga, which was a fun read. Didn't feel like it had much of an ending, but that's not so important in a comedy series. :nah: I may have to check out the OVA, too. :beard: The vacancy in my reading list will now be filled by Twin Spica, seven volumes of which have been waiting in my unread pile since I picked them up ridiculously cheaply in a charity shop. :biggrin:

However, I'm close to finishing a couple of other series (Karakuri Odette and After School Nightmare), and have nothing lined up to read next. So if anybody has any manga recommendations, I'd be glad to hear them. :smile: As usual, I'm pretty fussy about what I will and will not pick up, but not so much in terms of genre; I'll consider anything that's fully published in English (i.e no ongoing series, non-licensed series, or series that got dropped by their publishers etc), with a preference for anything that isn't shoujo (only because, as you can probably gather from the series mentioned above, I've been reading a lot of shoujo recently and fancy a change :o:). If you're not sure whether something is licensed/completely released in English, just throw the titles at me anyway, and I'll look them up. :smile:

I know you haven't picked up Fairy Tail, so, Fairy Tail. =P
Original post by Scienceisgood
I know you haven't picked up Fairy Tail, so, Fairy Tail. =P

That's ongoing. :p: I only have a problem with that because I'm already following a lot of ongoing series (A Bride's Story, Yotsuba&!, Spice and Wolf etc), and the wait for new volumes can be quite long. I'd rather have something I can read from start to finish relatively quickly.

Girl Friends :wink:

Latest