The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Damn. I guess this was bound to happen with too many AMs for too few positions.
Reply 6882
They're just looking for something new to sensationalise now that Mata is back in the first team, wouldn't pay any attention to it tbh, if Mourinho didn't rate KDB to the extent that article implies he wouldn't have remained with us. We know he didn't really impress Jose against Swindon but one poor appearance won't result in him being "axed from the squad", he'll get more chances, perhaps against Norwich if he's not making the journey to Romania.
Thorgan Hazard is doing pretty well on loan btw...
Yeah so I've heard.
Original post by The Assassin
Yeah so I've heard.

If he has a further good year in Belgium, what the hell do we do?

We have Willian,DeBruyne, Mata, Oscar, Hazard, Schurrle and out on loan we have Hazard,Atsu,Piazon,Moses, We're gonna have to sell quite a few of them or keep on loaning and hopefully make a profit from a permanent transfer
Original post by 9MmBulletz
If he has a further good year in Belgium, what the hell do we do?

We have Willian,DeBruyne, Mata, Oscar, Hazard, Schurrle and out on loan we have Hazard,Atsu,Piazon,Moses, We're gonna have to sell quite a few of them or keep on loaning and hopefully make a profit from a permanent transfer

I've heard that the finesse and ability he appears to have is remnisenct of his brothers form last season. It would be great to have them play together. A belgium triumvirate of Thorgan/KDB/Eden :sogood:

Shouldn't have spent 30m on Willlian tbh. Was happy at the start but I've changed my mind. Would've been better to spend that on a DM and keep Moses. Don't need more AMs!

Atsu is a pretty average player from what I've seen. We could sell him to Arsenal or something and make a bit of a profit. Although we'll probably buy a new attacking mid soon after :rolleyes:. Piazon is a tough one as well; he appears to be doing well as a LW at Vitesse but we don't need any more of those -- unless of course he can play up front then that'd be alright. No idea what we'll do with Moses -- we'll probably sell him to liverpool and regret it soon after. :rolleyes:
Also, torres is likely to be banned for 4 games.
I've heard that the finesse and ability he appears to have is remnisenct of his brothers form last season. It would be great to have them play together. A belgium triumvirate of Thorgan/KDB/Eden :sogood:

Shouldn't have spent 30m on Willlian tbh. Was happy at the start but I've changed my mind. Would've been better to spend that on a DM and keep Moses. Don't need more AMs!

Atsu is a pretty average player from what I've seen. We could sell him to Arsenal or something and make a bit of a profit. Although we'll probably buy a new attacking mid soon after :rolleyes:. Piazon is a tough one as well; he appears to be doing well as a LW at Vitesse but we don't need any more of those -- unless of course he can play up front then that'd be alright. No idea what we'll do with Moses -- we'll probably sell him to liverpool and regret it soon after. :rolleyes:

Yeah I agree we need a CM/CDM. Should've gone for Kondogbia, Hamsik (reasonable chance of landing him in the summer), Vidal
to name a few. I'm pretty sure Jose didn't want to bring in Willian because we sure as hell don't need him.

Add to that, we need another striker unless Mourinho (or whoever is in charge next year knowing RA) has faith in Lukaku
Original post by 9MmBulletz
Man United could do with one of those :tongue:

:gah:
Also, torres is likely to be banned for 4 games.

Pretty stupid because if the referee had seen the initial incident, he would only have been banned for 3 games. So he is essentially getting an extra game ban because of a referee mistake not to send him off earlier.

Furthermore, if they are taking retrospective action with regards to that incident, why don't they look at what Torres was sent off for and get rid of that one game ban and stick with the 3 game ban for "violent conduct".
Reply 6891
Schurrle's performances (except in the Super Cup) have disappointed me more than De Bruyne's have, and yet Jose keeps giving him considerable game time. Can see KDB asking to go out on loan come January

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6892
Original post by Skkc16
Schurrle's performances (except in the Super Cup) have disappointed me more than De Bruyne's have, and yet Jose keeps giving him considerable game time. Can see KDB asking to go out on loan come January

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some (not entirely reliable) sources are actually predicting a full transfer in January, given that he wasn't even included in the Champions League team. Which probably would make sense for him at this point in his career: he needs gametime, and he's unlikely to get a great deal of it in a team that plays what is close to a 4-4-1-1 with six (?) not-too-old players competing for the three spots he can play in (and this is not even counting van Ginkel, who will hopefully be good to play sooner rather than later).
Reply 6893
Original post by Abiraleft
Some (not entirely reliable) sources are actually predicting a full transfer in January, given that he wasn't even included in the Champions League team. Which probably would make sense for him at this point in his career: he needs gametime, and he's unlikely to get a great deal of it in a team that plays what is close to a 4-4-1-1 with six (?) not-too-old players competing for the three spots he can play in (and this is not even counting van Ginkel, who will hopefully be good to play sooner rather than later).
He is included in the CL team, the only player who isn't is Essien, and van Ginkel is a CM so I don't see what that has to do with KDB's playing time.

Mourinho said in the pre-match press conference before he walked out that De Bruyne hadn't impressed him in training nor against Swindon. What's the point in him travelling to Romania if he's not going to play? It's not uncommon for players to remain at the club in such situations, but as with seemingly everything to do with Chelsea the press sensationalise and ill informed people lap it up. :rolleyes:
Reply 6894
Calling it now - we're going to break De Bruyne, and will be fully deserving of the criticism directed at us for damaging young prospects.
Lukaku just scored for Everton, bizarre decision to loan him out
Lets loan Lukaku out next season aswell Jose! We have many better strikers in the first time now don't we.
Lukaku not ready for chelsea first team?

2 in 2 for eveton so far.. great season last year..

Hmmmm...

I know which one id rather have in my team out of all 4 of the chelsea strikers.. and its the one that is currently out on loan.
Reply 6898
Worst piece of business = buying Willian and Schurrle, and saturating the team.

Got rid of Lukaku and breaking de Bruyne/Mata... stupid, stupid, stupid.
Reply 6899
Original post by cleveradam
Lets loan Lukaku out next season aswell Jose! We have many better strikers in the first time now don't we.

Lol it's such a bizarre situation. If he had started in one of the 1st two games I doubt he'd have requested a loan but he went from starting pretty much every pre season game to being a sub in the 75th min.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest