The Student Room Group

Scly1 and Scly2

Bit early I know but has anyone made predictions get?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Do you mean which topic will come up in these two exams?
Reply 3
Original post by Pika-Profiterole
Do you mean which topic will come up in these two exams?

Yes :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
They do sometimes repeat questions so don't get too naive and assume because it has come up once, it won't come up a second time.
For each topic make sure you learn four names and understand the key theorists. Also, go over the past papers and develop exam technique. (in doing so you may be able to identify a trend but that can't be a guarantee)

This year we can't predict what exam questions will come up because the Januray exams have been cancelled.

But, sociological perspectives may come up as an essay question (personal opinion only)
Original post by Pika-Profiterole
This year we can't predict what exam questions will come up because the Januray exams have been cancelled.

But, sociological perspectives may come up as an essay question (personal opinion only)

The only way to get around predictions is to speculate what could come up and make essay plans based on it. Do one for each essay question per topic and that way, if it comes up, you've planned it already.

I know you aren't saying it but to anyone who is stating outright predictions and basing revision on those, its not a game you should risk playing as the exams in January have been abolished.
Reply 7
How's revision going for everyone? Exams aren't far and I'm not confident :argh::afraid:
Reply 8
same! I'm frantically making scratchcards.
Reply 9
Original post by nicoleyo
same! I'm frantically making scratchcards.

Lol, what do you know so far? How confident are you for the exams??
got a feeling SCLY1 will have an essay question on childhood for families and households...
Reply 11
Original post by gib_student
got a feeling SCLY1 will have an essay question on childhood for families and households...

arghhhh

Have you started revising?

Im completing my notes giving me a month to learn them and do past papers!

I am predicting childhood or social policy.
Reply 12
My teacher has a strong feeling that for families and households it'll be family diversity and for education it'll be social policy??
Reply 13
Original post by nicoleyo
My teacher has a strong feeling that for families and households it'll be family diversity and for education it'll be social policy??

couples came up in may 2013, and family diversity came up in january 2013 lol
Original post by xxvine
arghhhh

Have you started revising?

Im completing my notes giving me a month to learn them and do past papers!

I am predicting childhood or social policy.

Yeah I've manage to complete all my notes for families and households, but I haven't started writing notes for education or finished for my other subjects!

I would it hate it very much if we got a 24 mark on social policy, for some reason social policy in families and education are the chapters I hate most.
Reply 15
Yeah I've manage to complete all my notes for families and households, but I haven't started writing notes for education or finished for my other subjects!

I would it hate it very much if we got a 24 mark on social policy, for some reason social policy in families and education are the chapters I hate most.

ahhhh

how long are you notes?

I hope to have my notes finished by the end of next week giving me about 4 weeks to learn them like a script and do past papers!
Reply 16

Does that have anything to do with the fact that every single past paper has a t least one question on childhood? :wink:

I don't think there is any way to know for sure but learning a few theorists and the dates that can apply to several topics e.g Ferri and Smith (1996) found that less than 4% of male partners/husbands had responsibility in childcare.
You can apply that to domestic division of labour etc. in Families and Households but it also applies in Health with a reason for a higher rate of female usage of GP services.
This way you don't have to know quite as much and rick getting names, dates and what they said mixed up. :tongue: Hope that helps!
Original post by xxvine
ahhhh

how long are you notes?

I hope to have my notes finished by the end of next week giving me about 4 weeks to learn them like a script and do past papers!

My notes are hand written and there's about 30/35 A4 double sided papers!
Reply 18
My notes are hand written and there's about 30/35 A4 double sided papers!

wow thats alot

are you going to remember everything? Mines about 15 pages long?

wait for both units or just unit 1?

How are you remembering everything?
Reply 19
has everyone started revising?

Quick Reply