The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

What is Lancaster like for somebody who isn't a stereotypical fresher?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Georgeypooh
Heya all :smile: If anyone wants to meet up with me i will be at the tea party on the Monday morning in a green jumper and a sling so i'll be pretty easy to spot - just come on over and have a chat :smile:

When and where is the tea party? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by zazzles94
When and where is the tea party? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The tea party is a baker farm house at 10am this Monday :smile: Baker farm house is quite close to longsdale
Reply 102
hi :smile: so tonight is the 'big night out' but theres also a 'come dine with societies' in county happening at 7pm which sounds good (free food!) anyone fancy coming? :smile:
I'm actually from county, so I wouldn't mind going if anyone else is
Reply 104
I'm heading to Come dine with Societies tonight. Anybody else coming?
Reply 105
Original post by Routhy
I'm heading to Come dine with Societies tonight. Anybody else coming?

Where is it and what accomdiation you in?
Reply 107
Reply 108
That looks interesting, when are other people going? Also I can't make much sense of this map, I sort of know where it is but not 100%. Does anyone else have any information?
Reply 109
Original post by Lorox
That looks interesting, when are other people going? Also I can't make much sense of this map, I sort of know where it is but not 100%. Does anyone else have any information?

It's in the county south lecture theatre; kind of by the LUSU area. It's starts at 7 so I'll be there then :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 110
Ok come to the county bar now and a scavenger hunt is happening at 8 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 111
There's a castle trip on this evening - I'll be headed there.

Apparantly there's an 'alternative event' being run on every evening with a major drinking event, which is nice.
Cartmel doesn't really have much none drinkers stuff today :frown: What none drinker stuff is going on with the other collages?
Original post by Georgeypooh
Cartmel doesn't really have much none drinkers stuff today :frown: What none drinker stuff is going on with the other collages?

As far as I can tell, there's the castle trip at 6:00 and the international film fest at 8:00

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 114
I must admit, freshers week is quickly becoming the worst week of my life. It seems like every event going on is drinking related and anything not related to drinking just isn't publicised so there's no way to find out about it.

I don't drink but it feels like without drinking there's almost no way to make friends, its like everyone already has a group of friends now and I'm on my own. Plus now my flat mates are trying to convince me to come out on this "big night out" and on one hand I do so I can make some friends and get to know people but on the other hand I really don't because I don't drink and don't find the whole partying thing enjoyable.

Arggh, I guess student life just isn't for me.
Reply 115
Don't worry too much zwer! Fresher's week isn't a good way to judge the rest of the year, things should settle down very quickly once people have to start their course. As people have said before, there are a few things going on tonight which I guess you could go to tonight. :biggrin:
Anyone going to the international film fest tonight?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 117
I might, does anyone have any more details on it rather than just when and where it is?
Original post by Lorox
I might, does anyone have any more details on it rather than just when and where it is?

I'd like to know as well, I'm not sure what they're showing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 119
There really is no info. I want to go to the castle trip, but I have no idea where to buy tickets (they're not available online) and no idea where the trip leaves from.

I know ow you guys feel - Lancaster are making an effort for non-drinkers, but they need to advertise these events better.

I'm absolutely not going on any big nights out, because I've done it before and I know how they end. I spend a lot of money and, best case scenario, I don't remember anything. Worst case scenario, I do.

It will get much better after freshers week, zwer.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending