The Student Room Group

The Everton FC Thread

Scroll to see replies

Wahey, didn't know there was one of these. Don't get to go to enough games since I live down south unfortunately, but I go and see some of the London away fixtures sometimes. Feel happy with the squad after the window but I think it will take a while for Martinez to fully acclimatise. Excited to see more of Deulofeu in particular.
Barry will be more effective than Fellaini I reckon. Better footballer.
I like how we dominate possession now, hopefully we can do something with it now.

I will edit OP later to include new team pic sometime later btw.
So glad we won that. Could've easily been 3-0 to Chelsea in first half =p
Reply 124
Fantastic win! So happy! Exhausted now, feel like I played 90 mind haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 125
Gareth Barry bossed that game from start to finish, best debut of the PL season so far. I wonder how Osman and Gibson will react with someone of his stature breathing down their neck
Would never have thought that Gareth Barry might turn out to be our best player.
Yay, only unbeaten team =P

Hopefully we can keep this up for a while.
Reply 128
Baines needs to sort out his celebration tekkers.
Reply 129
Sir Leighton Baines.
Reply 131
Didn't want the league cup anyway...

*sobs*
:/

Some parts of the match were good tbh. Our spanish youngster has a big future. Needs to be a little less greedy tho lol.

Pity he has to go back :L
Hows our little Spanish buddy doing for you guys? Been in confinement the last couple of weeks so real behind on football :rofl:
Original post by Malevolent
Hows our little Spanish buddy doing for you guys? Been in confinement the last couple of weeks so real behind on football :rofl:

Martinez unleashed him the capital one cup again. He is pretty good, quite a few times in the game he got past 2ish players easily. He isn't scared to take a shot but sometimes he seems a bit greedy with the ball. Then again he still creates a few chances so he sort of covers for greediness there.

Martinez needs to give him more game time tbh, we're out of the cup so he probably won't see full matches anytime soon.
Reply 135

He played on Tuesday in the cup: he's obviously very very talented, some fantastic runs and looks very promising, needs to be a bit more consistent in his finishing/crossing to the striker but obviously that will come with game time, getting used to the English game etc :smile: there will probably be some highlights of Fulham v Everton somewhere if you got chance to check them out :smile: very talented lad!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Deulefeu is ridiculous, amazing control on the ball but hes so selfish. There were moments of pure class but he lost the ball quite a bit as he overdoes it sometimes. Heard from a lot of others that he may not be suited to Barcelona because he seems as the type of player who would play his best game as the main man who gets to have all the freedom he desires on the pitch
Lol 3-0 and not even half time COYB

Tim Howard assist aswell :congrats:
Reply 138
Original post by The Assassin
Deulefeu is ridiculous, amazing control on the ball but hes so selfish. There were moments of pure class but he lost the ball quite a bit as he overdoes it sometimes. Heard from a lot of others that he may not be suited to Barcelona because he seems as the type of player who would play his best game as the main man who gets to have all the freedom he desires on the pitch

(I'm assuming you're a Chelsea fan)

Think Mourinho letting Lukaku go out on loan is pure madness. Not that I'm complaining!

What a talent
Barkley, class lads :cool:.

Original post by Stylo92
(I'm assuming you're a Chelsea fan)

Think Mourinho letting Lukaku go out on loan is pure madness. Not that I'm complaining!

What a talent

Mourinho has made a few bad decisions since he's been at Chelsea again imo.

Madrid did a number on him, he is not the Mourinho he once was, he's a mouse these days.

Quick Reply

Latest