The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just out of interest, has anyone else used the PS help service on here?

Mine's been in the queue for 12 days now. :tongue: Not that I mind, I'm in no rush. Pretty much what I was expecting this time of year.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4101
Original post by ethery
Just out of interest, has anyone else used the PS help service on here?

Mine's been in the queue for 12 days now. :tongue: Not that I mind, I'm in no rush. Pretty much what I was expecting this time of year.

I have! It was extremely helpful to me, as I'm applying for Earth Sciences which my teachers at school aren't too familiar with! I didn't have much to edit, just needed more depth when explaining why I'd chosen the course :tongue:

Mine took 9 days to get a response, but that was three weeks ago! All sent off to UCAS now :biggrin:
Original post by loua96
I have! It was extremely helpful to me, as I'm applying for Earth Sciences which my teachers at school aren't too familiar with! I didn't have much to edit, just needed more depth when explaining why I'd chosen the course :tongue:

Mine took 9 days to get a response, but that was three weeks ago! All sent off to UCAS now :biggrin:

Alright then, sounds good! My tutor's an English teacher so probably couldn't have helped a great deal with my Chemistry personal statement. :tongue:

Where have you applied? :smile:
Reply 4103
Original post by ethery
Alright then, sounds good! My tutor's an English teacher so probably couldn't have helped a great deal with my Chemistry personal statement. :tongue:

Where have you applied? :smile:

Hahaha, probably not. Not even my Geography teacher could give me adequate advice, the PS help was a godsend :rolleyes:

And I've applied to Imperial, Leeds, Liverpool, Southampton and Oxford, hence why I'm on the early deadline :biggrin:
Original post by loua96
Hahaha, probably not. Not even my Geography teacher could give me adequate advice, the PS help was a godsend :rolleyes:

And I've applied to Imperial, Leeds, Liverpool, Southampton and Oxford, hence why I'm on the early deadline :biggrin:

Wow. Maybe your Geography teacher is just all-round useless? xD Mine needs a looot of work, so I'm so thankful that the service is there!

Nice! I'm not on the early deadline, but I'm hoping to have mine sent off soon. I'm just sick of thinking about it!
Reply 4105
Original post by ethery
Wow. Maybe your Geography teacher is just all-round useless? xD Mine needs a looot of work, so I'm so thankful that the service is there!

Nice! I'm not on the early deadline, but I'm hoping to have mine sent off soon. I'm just sick of thinking about it!

Maybe... he's a great Geography teacher but doesn't seem to excel in anything else! :'D Have your teachers at school told you that it needs work or you yourself?

Thanks! It's good to get it all out of the way, and I've heard that some people get offers as early as November so you're making the right choice! Where are you applying? :redface:
Original post by loua96
Maybe... he's a great Geography teacher but doesn't seem to excel in anything else! :'D Have your teachers at school told you that it needs work or you yourself?

Thanks! It's good to get it all out of the way, and I've heard that some people get offers as early as November so you're making the right choice! Where are you applying? :redface:

And that's all that matters I suppose. :tongue: Actually, my tutor read through it and said it was fine. I very much disagree. I would never send it off as it is now!

Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking. I know it's not likely, but it would make me happier sooner to know that at least one uni wants me! xD I think Durham, York, Bath, Nottingham and Bristol. I've only recently changed my mind from UCl to Bristol though. But I'm pretty sure.
EPQ, yay or nay?
Reply 4108
Original post by Qari
Anyone in your flat. Doing the same course as you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

not at all :redface:

closest one is someone doing biochem
Original post by L'Evil Fish
EPQ, yay or nay?

You may as well if you think you'll have the time. :tongue:
Original post by usycool1
You may as well if you think you'll have the time. :tongue:

Hmmmm... See thing is, if I start it, I'll have to finish it even if it's to the detriment of everything else... Apparently it's just loads of paper work (Endless Blue) but surely there's some actual "fun"?
Hmmmm... See thing is, if I start it, I'll have to finish it even if it's to the detriment of everything else... Apparently it's just loads of paper work (Endless Blue) but surely there's some actual "fun"?

I love it, I think it's great fun. :tongue: You learn loads and encounter loads of interesting facts etc. :awesome:
Original post by usycool1
I love it, I think it's great fun. :tongue: You learn loads and encounter loads of interesting facts etc. :awesome:

Lets hope it's not too late to join then!
Reply 4113
Original post by ethery
And that's all that matters I suppose. :tongue: Actually, my tutor read through it and said it was fine. I very much disagree. I would never send it off as it is now!

Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking. I know it's not likely, but it would make me happier sooner to know that at least one uni wants me! xD I think Durham, York, Bath, Nottingham and Bristol. I've only recently changed my mind from UCl to Bristol though. But I'm pretty sure.

Well... it would be nice if he baked his own cakes for Cake Day Friday :lol: Did you give it to your english tutor or form tutor? Because if they teach english, that's not a great sign! :eek: You are your harshest critic, so continue if you fell like it needs work!

Yeah, obviously it's only a handful who get offers so early (lucky sods..) but it's good to stay ahead of the crowd. Those are all brilliant choices! What made you change your mind? :smile:

EPQ, yay or nay?

Yay! It's so much fun, although it can be a challenge fitting all your research around your studies. But I'm coping well so I don't see why you shouldn't :biggrin:
Original post by loua96
Well... it would be nice if he baked his own cakes for Cake Day Friday :lol: Did you give it to your english tutor or form tutor? Because if they teach english, that's not a great sign! :eek: You are your harshest critic, so continue if you fell like it needs work!

Yeah, obviously it's only a handful who get offers so early (lucky sods..) but it's good to stay ahead of the crowd. Those are all brilliant choices! What made you change your mind? :smile:

Yay! It's so much fun, although it can be a challenge fitting all your research around your studies. But I'm coping well so I don't see why you shouldn't :biggrin:

Cool! What are everyone's titles?
Reply 4115
EPQ, yay or nay?

Yay! It might end up taking up a lot of your time, but if you choose a topic you're super interested in, then it shouldn't be too much of a chore. My school made us do a 'mini EPQ' in year 12 that was half the word limit, so all I'm doing now is just editing it and adding bits and pieces that I find. Seemed like a drag at the time, but it was actually quite useful to get the bulk of the work done.
I'm a nut for K-pop, so mine's on South Korean 'soft power'. :colone:
Did you have an idea for yours? :smile:
Reply 4116
Cool! What are everyone's titles?

Mine's on the potential impacts of geomagnetic reversals and excursions on the biosphere, still haven't quite got the title down yet. What are you thinking of doing yours on? :biggrin:
Original post by loua96

Haha! I agree :P We have cake day fridays too, incidentally!

I gave it to my form tutor, who happens to be an English teacher. It reads alright, it's just the content that's weak. I don't sell myself very well! But yeah, that's very true. :smile:

A few things... I'd love to be in London, but it's just so expensive! And I've heard really good things about Chemistry at Bristol. Didn't get to visit, so I'm just taking everyone else's word for it. :redface:
Original post by loua96
Mine's on the potential impacts of geomagnetic reversals and excursions on the biosphere, still haven't quite got the title down yet. What are you thinking of doing yours on? :biggrin:

@Paramore can't quote!

Sounds good, I probably should do a science related one... I wish I could write it in French though!

Anyway... I want something chemical and medical, so perhaps something like a specific disease project or a more ethical one.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by loua96

Paelomagnetisim, when you do more into it can I read it please :biggrin: I've been interested in that! But I didn't do physics so the whole magnetic thing is quite ahhh :s-smilie:

Latest