The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Hi! Thanks for the reply! I'm a graduate with a First in Biochemistry...I used that file and can only work out my score out of 25...am I just being really stupid ahah?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LRichards0891
Hi! Thanks for the reply! I'm a graduate with a First in Biochemistry...I used that file and can only work out my score out of 25...am I just being really stupid ahah?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. The grad score is out of 25, undergrad is out of 60

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 382
Original post by Amyk89
No. The grad score is out of 25, undergrad is out of 60

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi I am new to the thread and was wondering, the scoring document states that applicants with achieved a levels will be given additional points for ever A* but their ASs wont be considered.

Doesnt that put applicants with achieved grades at a disadvantage??? Because those with predicted are given 1 extra point for each A and we are only given one for an A*!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Original post by Dr.Ugs
Hi I am new to the thread and was wondering, the scoring document states that applicants with achieved a levels will be given additional points for ever A* but their ASs wont be considered.

Doesnt that put applicants with achieved grades at a disadvantage??? Because those with predicted are given 1 extra point for each A and we are only given one for an A*!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Sorry I am not too sure. I am applying for grad so haven't paid much attention to the scoring for undergrad
Reply 384
Original post by Dr.Ugs

Kind-of but everyone applying have achieved or will be expected to achieve AAA, so I guess it's better to give an advantage to those who did better than the minimum. :smile:
Reply 385
Original post by Amyk89
Sorry I am not too sure. I am applying for grad so haven't paid much attention to the scoring for undergrad

Original post by k1rby
Kind-of but everyone applying have achieved or will be expected to achieve AAA, so I guess it's better to give an advantage to those who did better than the minimum. :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Reply 386
Original post by k1rby
x

Hi, sorry if I am asking the wrong person but I see your a PS helper?
I submitted my PS a week ago and have still not had a response :frown: The PS page says it cant take in anymore PSs for subjects with 15th october deadline but I submitted my PS before it appeared.
Should I expect a response?

Thanks in advance!
:rolleyes:
Reply 387
Original post by Dr.Ugs
Hi, sorry if I am asking the wrong person but I see your a PS helper?
I submitted my PS a week ago and have still not had a response :frown: The PS page says it cant take in anymore PSs for subjects with 15th october deadline but I submitted my PS before it appeared.
Should I expect a response?

Thanks in advance!
:rolleyes:

If you submitted your PS in before they closed it, then you definitely will. :smile: There's been a lot more PSs submitted this year and there are so few PS helpers (please become one next year!). The only option to avoid disappointing applicants was to close it completely until we'd managed to make a dent in the waiting list :tongue:
Reply 388
Original post by k1rby
If you submitted your PS in before they closed it, then you definitely will. :smile: There's been a lot more PSs submitted this year and there are so few PS helpers (please become one next year!). The only option to avoid disappointing applicants was to close it completely until we'd managed to make a dent in the waiting list :tongue:

Thank you! And I am successful this year then I definitely will be :smile:
Im a reapplicant :frown:
Can someone please give me a non-biased view of what Leicester is like - both the university and the city if possible!:colondollar:

I'm kind of considering it last minute as a back up, but I'm not too sure as I've heard bad-mediocre things about the city, university architecture and the accomodation :frown:

Thank you!
Reply 390
I wish someone could tell us last years cut off for the GEM...Its so annoying there is hardly anyone who knows about the cut off from last year
Original post by Ama2007
I wish someone could tell us last years cut off for the GEM...Its so annoying there is hardly anyone who knows about the cut off from last year

Me too. And things like whether a good PS will outweigh a bad score and vice versa
Original post by h3isenberg
Can i be confident of an interview with 59/60? Also, can anyone elaborate what is meant by:
"We may,however, use the UKCAT SJT score as a virtual multiple mini-interview station."

They may use the score for your SJT as an interview station. Normally you have x amounts of stations and then the score at each station is averaged/total to give interview score. They are saying that they MAY use SJT band in that average.
On a side note, I just got a Application confirmation and receipt from Leicester today . eeeek!
Original post by star10159
On a side note, I just got a Application confirmation and receipt from Leicester today . eeeek!

Exciting stuff man! When did you apply?
Original post by The Doctor!
Exciting stuff man! When did you apply?

I applied last friday. Just got my E-mail today with my Leicester ID and stuff on it. I know right? Can't believe its happening so quick.
Original post by star10159
I applied last friday. Just got my E-mail today with my Leicester ID and stuff on it. I know right? Can't believe its happening so quick.

Beginning to feel nervous now haha, and I haven't even sent my application off yet! Yeah time's flying now, though I'm sure it will crawl by when we start waiting for interviews :biggrin:
Reply 397
Hi guys,
I was just wondering if I'd got this point thingy right..
I got A*'s in chem, bio, physics and history with an A in math and Eng Lang at GCSE, along with AAAB in Maths, Bio, Physics and Chem respectively at AS level. This makes 30 points right?
And I got 3000 points dead on in the UKCAT so that's also 30 points? Or is it 29?
So does that mean I have a score of 59 or 60/60 ?
Thanks for your help, I just a little unsure on the scoring system!
Reply 398
Original post by MrJdots
Hi guys,
I was just wondering if I'd got this point thingy right..
I got A*'s in chem, bio, physics and history with an A in math and Eng Lang at GCSE, along with AAAB in Maths, Bio, Physics and Chem respectively at AS level. This makes 30 points right?
And I got 3000 points dead on in the UKCAT so that's also 30 points? Or is it 29?
So does that mean I have a score of 59 or 60/60 ?
Thanks for your help, I just a little unsure on the scoring system!

Mynamesisbok checked being bang on is the high score so for you it's 30/30 for ukcat.
Original post by t()m
Mynamesisbok checked being bang on is the high score so for you it's 30/30 for ukcat.

HUUUUUGE TSR contingent descending upon Leicester Med School :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending