I don't know. How about you?
I resat a year. Don't know if that will affect my application

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Qari
I don't know. How about you?
I resat a year. Don't know if that will affect my application

Posted from TSR Mobile

You havnt gotten your predictions yet? D: AAB.
Have you tried emailing the admissions staff for city and asking them about it? I know some unis allow it and some don't. You should definitely check with them :smile:

What A levels are you taking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by miz_mixy
You havnt gotten your predictions yet? D: AAB.
Have you tried emailing the admissions staff for city and asking them about it? I know some unis allow it and some don't. You should definitely check with them :smile:

What A levels are you taking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maths Physics Chemisty. Already got C in A2 Maths. So doing AS Law as well. What are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Your doing all sciences! Surely that should be an advantage since they only ask for 2. I do Bio, Chem and geography :/ I know they prefer maths but I just can't handle it lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Your doing all sciences! Surely that should be an advantage since they only ask for 2. I do Bio, Chem and geography :/ I know they prefer maths but I just can't handle it lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really. If you are not doing bio then you have to do 3. I did bio first time didn't like it and failed. Find physics easier though. Maths probably my strongest subject

Posted from TSR Mobile
A thread for eye people. Your all eye people now :P eye people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Qari
Not really. If you are not doing bio then you have to do 3. I did bio first time didn't like it and failed. Find physics easier though. Maths probably my strongest subject

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you do OCR for bio?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by ConsiderScience
A thread for eye people. Your all eye people now :P eye people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you joining us? The awesome eye people B)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you joining us? The awesome eye people B)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe it's on my list I haven't fully decided on a course yet. Good luck with your course. :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Maybe it's on my list I haven't fully decided on a course yet. Good luck with your course. :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I hope you find the perfect course!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Did you do OCR for bio?

Posted from TSR Mobile

no aqa
Reply 15

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha, lol I'm the same :smile: but so far optom is looking like a strong yes
Original post by Qari

You just have to ask yourself it you really want to do Optometry though if you dont like bio... Its a healthcare/medically related degree and there are TONS of biology, clinical skills, very little physics (basic optica), almost no chemistry and no maths (apart from gcse level trigonometry)
I dont want to deter you but just make sure you are not on the wrong career path.It would be silly to spend 3 years, 27 grand in fees and hating what you do... Have you considered Medical engineering or bio/chemical engineering ?
Reply 17
Original post by Tangotangodelta
You just have to ask yourself it you really want to do Optometry though if you dont like bio... Its a healthcare/medically related degree and there are TONS of biology, clinical skills, very little physics (basic optica), almost no chemistry and no maths (apart from gcse level trigonometry)
I dont want to deter you but just make sure you are not on the wrong career path.It would be silly to spend 3 years, 27 grand in fees and hating what you do... Have you considered Medical engineering or bio/chemical engineering ?

I checked before I applied

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tangotangodelta

Yes your point is valid.

I would say i have an interest in it but i doubt i will take it at university, thanks for you're assistance. :smile:
Reply 19
Hey there guys! :biggrin:

What grades do you think would be minimum for optometry?
I am predicted an A in maths and 2 B's in Chemistry and Biology.

How much work experience has everyone got also? Would 1-2weeks be enough?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending