The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8160
Original post by Anonymous
:jumphug: Sorry to hear you had such a bad day, I'm here if you want to talk about it. Yay for work ethic though! :party:

Thank you :smile:

Original post by superwolf
Maybe you've been inspired by my studiousness? :h:

You have set a fine example. :h: lots of congratulations etc..

I'm starting to actually find interest in stuff again, and remember why im doing this degree. I like my subject. I like reading and I like research papers and I like learning.
Am trying to focus on just the good stuff. I'm managing to concentrate better. My room is full of nice stuff like knitting and embroidery and paints. It's definitely such a relief not to need to die every minute every day.
This is all good right? But.. im just broken. this is as good as it gets and this isnt really very good at all. :cry2:
Yeah, always best to play to your strengths and work around your weaknesses. :yy:

Sounds good! :smile:

and my strength is procrastinating :yep:
and being rubbish :tongue:

hope your ok!
so my depression is pretty bad... anyone feel like even the stupidest thoughts can mean the end of the world?
Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth
Could totally give up on life right now :sad:

:hugs:
What's up? :console:

Original post by Anonymous
so my depression is pretty bad... anyone feel like even the stupidest thoughts can mean the end of the world?

Yes! I'm always thinking myself into a bigger mess than I'm actually in. :sadnod: :hugs:
Reply 8164
urgh ima flashback ssoon. don't want to . with family atm andn I think I can probably ground until I can get away but all shaky andn I just don't wantnt to feel ths agian
Don't really know (so unhelpful I know). I felt ok and suddenly I just feel irritated and stressed by everything.

:console:
I have moments like that. :sadnod: Can you do something nice for yourself tonight? :hugs:
I could do. I was thinking of reading a book or something like that.

I'm currently knitting myself a snood. :tongue:
Ooh nice. I wish I could knit - I do sew from time to time though. After having read for a bit, I'm feeling a little better.

Ooh it's quite easy to learn the basics if it's something you're interested in. :smile: VERY addictive though. :biggrin:
Glad you're feeling even a bit better. :hugs:
Reply 8168
mixing benzos and spirits to make flashbacks go away. don't wantto have to. but i'm not doing it again. not tonight I cant.

I guess its probably good that nobody paying attention to what I do. just quietly fall apart in the corner and melt I think. even easier when I go badk to uni.
Original post by asdfgah
mixing benzos and spirits to make flashbacks go away. don't wantto have to. but i'm not doing it again. not tonight I cant.

I guess its probably good that nobody paying attention to what I do. just quietly fall apart in the corner and melt I think. even easier when I go badk to uni.

:hugs: Hope it's working for you at least, and sorry people are ignoring you. :console:
Reply 8170
:hugs: Hope it's working for you at least, and sorry people are ignoring you. :console:

oh nobody is ignoring me, am just making references to my uni support services being Completely Useless. but yeah I maybe be grateful for that :tongue:
Original post by asdfgah
oh nobody is ignoring me, am just making references to my uni support services being Completely Useless. but yeah I maybe be grateful for that :tongue:

Bad asdfgah should demand Lots and Lots of Support!
Maybe you've been inspired by my studiousness? :h:

Inspire us! please :colondollar: (No really, great work!)

Original post by Noodlzzz
Feeling really unsafe. Called the crisis team and they told me to watch TV. I just... I just give up with them.

TV ... I just quit watching TV, beside of some quality stuff. Too embarassing ... But I am lingering .... Sounds like really great advice :wink: , which is sad.

Original post by PonchoKid
could you pass it on to me also? iv written about 43 words out of 3000 :s-smilie:

That's not bad at all, especially because you still need to get in the flow!

One question: Can you really make cider? Or am I confusing that? I am just curious ...

Actually pretty happy this Society exists. Although I feel way better, it somehow helps me to get quicker out and get things into perspective.
Original post by Nathanielle

One question: Can you really make cider? Or am I confusing that? I am just curious ...

Actually pretty happy this Society exists. Although I feel way better, it somehow helps me to get quicker out and get things into perspective.

Thanks! :biggrin:

I make cider! :itsme: It's really easy and fun (especially the end bit where you do the drinking), with lots of room for experimentation. Current batch on the go is beetroot coloured/slightly flavoured. Follow the much-neglected Cider Society link in my sig for more info and recipes!
Please help me. I can't deal with it. It's too much to handle. I'm crying. Its just too much. I don't even know what to say. I don't want to explain the whole thing over again.
Original post by Nathanielle

TV ... I just quit watching TV, beside of some quality stuff. Too embarassing ... But I am lingering .... Sounds like really great advice :wink: , which is sad.

That's not bad at all, especially because you still need to get in the flow!

Still not great though considering I wrote my 10,000 word dissertation in about 36 hours :s-smilie:

And no unfortunately I can't make it, I can however drink it :biggrin: hahaha

Glad you feel better cos of us crazy lot :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8176
Original post by PonchoKid
:hugs:
you need to eat, or you really wont feel better :nah:
can you not leave shaving till tomorrow or something?

I did eat eventually :yep:. And I haven't shaved so I look absolutely horrible. Anyway, must do it in the morning because of my lecture, and also need to go shopping and do the laundry.

How are things for you? :smile: :jumphug:
Original post by alexs2602
Please help me. I can't deal with it. It's too much to handle. I'm crying. Its just too much. I don't even know what to say. I don't want to explain the whole thing over again.

:hugs: Sometime when you feel ready to talk hopefully someone on here will be able to give you some good advice. :smile:
Original post by avhhs
I did eat eventually :yep:. And I haven't shaved so I look absolutely horrible. Anyway, must do it in the morning because of my lecture, and also need to go shopping and do the laundry.

How are things for you? :smile: :jumphug:

Glad you ate :yep:
Then I suggest you shave before lecture :tongue:
Shopping can be fun :yep: however I do t miss walking my clothes accross campus to the laundrette! So have fun there :tongue:

Things are ok I think :smile: started my uni work today which is good I think :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aaargh. I'm back at uni now, and they've changed the counselling service so that instead of registering online & being put on a waiting list, you have to ring in the morning to try and get an assessment appointment before they'll give you any more appointments. Because I haven't been there since June (because I've been at home), I have to register again. I rang this morning because I only have an hour of lectures today. They opened at 9 and I got through at 9:02, but the only appointments they had left were during my lecture, or at the time the lecture's supposed to end, and if I'm late then I could lose this appointment. I explained it to them and they said it'll be alright as long as I'm not more than 5 minutes late. I really hope this lecture doesn't run over :s-smilie:

Latest