The Student Room Group

Medicine 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
Original post by Sukura
Ukcat: 618.5

AS: AABB A's in biology and chem, B's in physics and math.

A level prediction: AAA physics bio chem

My personal aim: A* A* A

Applying to: Keele, Aberdeen, Bristol, and Liverpool.

Work experience: Hospital (ward assistant) and Medical Centre (disease research)
(Volunteering for a year now, once a week for each)

Also an International Student.

Hey! I'm also an international student applying for Keele, Liverpool and Bristol!
Reply 741
Hello evrybody :biggrin:
I am a year 13 student and I applied to medicine last week, so my UCAS form has been sent off to the unis. However I now realise there is a mistake regarding the point of entry..Would I be able to get the universities to change it if I called them up. Or is there something else I can do.

Thankss
Hi,
At GCSE I got 5A*a, 4.5As and a B
Ukcat I got 662.5 which I know is pretty average (the maths section really brought down my mark)
And I am predicted AAAb for my alevels
I've got loads of work experience and different kinds of voluntary work, along with an apparently pretty strong personal statement and good references from my school.
However do you think this is good enough to get interviews in medicine? I'm considering Bristol, Leeds.. and I'm not really sure where else to apply! Any suggestions?
I'm a reapplicant :smile:
GCSE's are 3a* 6a 2b , A-levels are AAAb in Chem, Bio, Physics and Maths AS. UKCAT average at 712.5, last year average at 665.
Pretty set on applying to HYMS, Bristol, Glasgow and UEA.
If anyone is interested, I had interviews at Keele and Aberdeen last year.
Good luck to everyone! :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 744
Hi, I was just wondering if I need to send a wage slip as proof of household income, cuz my dad does overtime but it's never certain, so if he did extra this month it would be unfair to base a year's wages on it..
Original post by Kieron_B
Hi, I was just wondering if I need to send a wage slip as proof of household income, cuz my dad does overtime but it's never certain, so if he did extra this month it would be unfair to base a year's wages on it..

What are you trying to prove household income for?
Reply 746
Original post by studnetMo
Hello evrybody :biggrin:
I am a year 13 student and I applied to medicine last week, so my UCAS form has been sent off to the unis. However I now realise there is a mistake regarding the point of entry..Would I be able to get the universities to change it if I called them up. Or is there something else I can do.

Thankss

Whats the point of entry supposed to be if you want to start normally you know from the first year? Do you leave blank or put 1.
Reply 747
How much does UCAS cost if I'm applying to 5 courses? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 748
Original post by Becca-Sarah
What are you trying to prove household income for?

The A2B (access 2 Birmingham) scheme, it's one of the requirements to have a household income below a certain amount, do I need to send a wage slip
Hellooo,

I am in need of some advice! Here are some stats:

GCSE: 9A* 1A
AS Results: AABB (Bio, Maths, Chem, Psychology)
A level Predictions: AAA

UKCAT:
VR: 580 :frown:
QR: 580 :frown:
AR: 650
DA: 900

Do you think I should apply this year (and where)?
Original post by LibbyG
How much does UCAS cost if I'm applying to 5 courses? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

23 pounds
Original post by CazzaBomBazza
I'm a reapplicant :smile:
GCSE's are 3a* 6a 2b , A-levels are AAAb in Chem, Bio, Physics and Maths AS. UKCAT average at 712.5, last year average at 665.
Pretty set on applying to HYMS, Bristol, Glasgow and UEA.
If anyone is interested, I had interviews at Keele and Aberdeen last year.
Good luck to everyone! :smile:

How was your interview at Aberdeen?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 752
Reaaally need advice on whether or not to apply to Birmingham! I've just finished year 13 and on a gap year but a first time applicant. Last year I got AAAB at AS and it says on the website that they give preference to AAAA but I don't know whether I'll be screened out/at a disadvantage due to not having a 4th A even I've already got achieved A2s at A*A*A and 9A*s at GCSE... any help?
Original post by WannabeMedic123
Hellooo,

I am in need of some advice! Here are some stats:

GCSE: 9A* 1A
AS Results: AABB (Bio, Maths, Chem, Psychology)
A level Predictions: AAA

UKCAT:
VR: 580 :frown:
QR: 580 :frown:
AR: 650
DA: 900

Do you think I should apply this year (and where)?

Definately apply this year, your not losing anything except £23. Look at Cardiff, UEA, keele, BSMS, Bristol, Liverpool, Lanchester (I think) as they don't put emphasis on the ukcat or some don't even use it you can also looknat bmat unis

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 754
No idea whether to apply to UEA or BSMS as my fourth choice! Just can't decide between the two
also applying with mitigating circumstances to leeds, liverpool and bristol with
5A*s and 5as gcse, AABB as, A*A*A a2 prediction and 630 ukcat
was also considering Nottingham but I think my ukcat would let me down too much (individual components DA: 860 VR: 510 QR: 490 AR:660)

Help!
Original post by SavannaC
How was your interview at Aberdeen?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I thought it went well, but it clearly didn't go as well as other people's as I didn't get an offer :colondollar:
Original post by Kieron_B
The A2B (access 2 Birmingham) scheme, it's one of the requirements to have a household income below a certain amount, do I need to send a wage slip

How about using his P60 from last April? That would show annual income over the past tax year, so a more accurate figure than a single months pay slip. I'd get in touch with Birmingham to check exactly what they want if I were you though.
Is this true????????
What do you think of lancaster university for medicine?
Original post by babychocolate
Definately apply this year, your not losing anything except £23. Look at Cardiff, UEA, keele, BSMS, Bristol, Liverpool, Lanchester (I think) as they don't put emphasis on the ukcat or some don't even use it you can also looknat bmat unis

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't BSMS using bmat now?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending