The Student Room Group

Opinions on men with Long hair / Long hair tied back? [Pics]

I've got dark hair and thinking about growing it out for the first time ever, what do people think about this sort of hair on males?

I'd probably suit this length better

Scroll to see replies

It's not something every man can pull off. Doesn't look bad if its moderately long.
Reply 2
I love how long hair looks on men :smile:, prefer the first and second look to the last two though
I tend to find it goes *much* better with facial hair. When I grew my hair out I always grew my beard out (a little) too. The tiresome Jesus comparisons are a worthy price to pay for the fact that smooth cheeks + tied up hair looks a bit feminine.
Also, I forgot to mention. When you grow your hair out, be prepared for the fact you are going to feel self conscious a lot:

1. In the period between your hair being long and short, it just looks terrible. Shapeless and generally crap, because your previous haircut was styled for short hair. You can ask for a little trim which will look better in the interim but takes longer to grow. Otherwise, you have to accept that for a lengthy period your hair is just going to look bummy regardless of what you do with it.

2. You will have to constantly justify why you have long hair, like it's a decision that needs justifying. Irritating as f*ck.
Reply 5
I'm not generally a fan of longer hair on guys, though there are exceptions. I think all the guys you posted are somewhat attractive.

If a guy grows it long though, they should make sure they wash it regularly. A lot of the time I see guys with long hair, it looks greasy and nasty! Not always, but often.
Original post by StretfordEnd
I tend to find it goes *much* better with facial hair. When I grew my hair out I always grew my beard out (a little) too. The tiresome Jesus comparisons are a worthy price to pay for the fact that smooth cheeks + tied up hair looks a bit feminine.

Yeah I was thinking this. I'd go with a five o clock shadow or something. It's strange, long hair on it's own can look somewhat feminine, but long hair with a beard seems so masculine. No hemo rage

Idk if it's because I'm on no fap week 4, but these pics erected my state of penisula

and the god

Reply 7
I hate that hippy bohemian look.
Reply 8
On some people it looks hot.

But most of the time....just no.
Reply 9
It's pretty sexy and attractive on the guys that can pull it off...but otherwise, prefer it short.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by average_aaron
i've got dark hair and thinking about growing it out for the first time ever, what do people think about this sort of hair on males?

i'd probably suit this length better

yes yes yes omg
I don't really dig long hair on any male. Wouldn't have it myself and am not attracted to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by StretfordEnd
Also, I forgot to mention. When you grow your hair out, be prepared for the fact you are going to feel self conscious a lot:

1. In the period between your hair being long and short, it just looks terrible. Shapeless and generally crap, because your previous haircut was styled for short hair. You can ask for a little trim which will look better in the interim but takes longer to grow. Otherwise, you have to accept that for a lengthy period your hair is just going to look bummy regardless of what you do with it.

2. You will have to constantly justify why you have long hair, like it's a decision that needs justifying. Irritating as f*ck.

Both of these are very true from my experience! Although I never went for the trim I just wanted it long and fast (:colone:) Last time I had a trim was July 2008. When even guys comment on split ends I feel I probably should do something about it, although I actually don't notice them.
For #2 I usually just say "because I like it". If I like the person enough and they're interested then I explain why I like it.
Reply 13
I'm not interested in sharing shampoos.
Reply 14
Not everyone can pull it off, looks great on those who can (especially with facial hair). think it looks better up
Reply 15
Forget the hair, admiring that second bloke's beard!
Reply 16
Only some men can pull it off... It depends on the man tbh

This is a good example of a man who has successfully pulled it off:
willy_zpsbd951cf8.jpg
As we can see, he has a model face. He is a model (his name is Willy Cartier). He has well-sculpted cheekbones and his eyebrows aren't too thin and he also has stubble. All these features help him look masculine while having long hair.

However, this is what he looks like with lipstick and no stubble:
Willy-Cartier-1-359x460.jpg
As we can see, he looks more feminine here, because he is wearing red lipstick and is clean-shaven. We can learn from this. If you don't want to look too feminine with long hair while being a man, then it's probably best not to wear bright lipstick or to shave too closely.

That's all I know
Depends on the face, some of the Asos models with long hair just look like women tbh...

Posted from TSR Mobile
u r all so wet right now

I love it - although it depends on whether it suits the person.

Quick Reply

Latest