The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hmm, I've been asked by the charity that organised a W/E placement for me to become their ambassador. I'd have to advertise them in my college by distributing various media (leaflets and flyers etc..)
This is an excerpt
Perhaps deliver a PowerPoint presentation to Year 12 students which introduces what the (the charity) does, outlines the (programme I was on) and explains how they go about applying. You may even suggest speaking in an assembly, if this would be feasible. If you want, send in a photo of you doing a presentation and we’ll put it on our website. We will provide you with a presentation!

Hmm, sounds a bit daunting but I guess I should do it.
Original post by keromedic
Hmm, I've been asked by the charity that organised a W/E placement for me to become their ambassador. I'd have to advertise them in my college by distributing various media (leaflets and flyers etc..)
This is an excerpt

Hmm, sounds a bit daunting but I guess I should do it.

Aw that sounds like a lovely opportunity! Very good of you to do something like that :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy96
Aw that sounds like a lovely opportunity! Very good of you to do something like that :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm so scared. I've emailed my personal tutor/vice principle to see whether it's viable.
I wasn't going to do it but then I realised that it's a CV opportunity + personal statement thing, perhaps. Additionally, if I can't do this then how will I manage clinical skills!
I'm so scared. I've emailed my personal tutor/vice principle to see whether it's viable.
I wasn't going to do it but then I realised that it's a CV opportunity + personal statement thing, perhaps. Additionally, if I can't do this then how will I manage clinical skills!

Of course it'll be a bit scary, it's natural to feel like that about this sort of thing, best of luck :smile: Good idea! And precisely :biggrin: It's all good practice. I moan that my history teacher always makes us do presentations etc, but it does help in the long run :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy96
Of course it'll be a bit scary, it's natural to feel like that about this sort of thing, best of luck :smile: Good idea! And precisely :biggrin: It's all good practice. I moan that my history teacher always makes us do presentations etc, but it does help in the long run :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's just that there's a 1300 or so yr 12s! There'd probably be 3 assemblies. I imagine they'd have me speak for 10 mins or so at each one if they allowed it.
In any case, are you feeling better?
It's just that there's a 1300 or so yr 12s! There'd probably be 3 assemblies. I imagine they'd have me speak for 10 mins or so at each one if they allowed it.
In any case, are you feeling better?

Really? Wow! That's a bit terrifying, but I'm sure you'd be absolutely fine :smile:

I am, thank you very much for asking! I keep getting horrible migraines though, not quite sure why. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
How is everything about maths and sciences? Even if it is the topic , don't see why it's an issue. If it was humanities you'd say it was fine.

What do you take away? Any languages? I can talk about those!

All I see or seem to notice is maths or sciencey posts, replies etc etc. And quite clearly, I am not the only one to notice this. And it's annoying because that's ALL I seem to notice and it is; the last 8-10 pages just seem to be buzzing with it, it's completely annoying. But I just literally hate maths, anything to do with maths, I hate. Actually no, that's where you are wrong. If their was too much humanities, I would have got equally bored seeing to much of the same stuff.... And would want something else (probably science such as biology/botany/ecology) something of that sort.

Both English A-levels and Philosophy and Ethics. I don't see the need to take additional languages. No need (I had a weird form tutor who thought it'd be great to speak to us in French/Spanish for 5 years of form because she was a bitch). I hated her. Languages is just ergh.
Original post by Cool_JordH
All I see or seem to notice is maths or sciencey posts, replies etc etc. And quite clearly, I am not the only one to notice this. And it's annoying because that's ALL I seem to notice and it is; the last 8-10 pages just seem to be buzzing with it, it's completely annoying. But I just literally hate maths, anything to do with maths, I hate. Actually no, that's where you are wrong. If their was too much humanities, I would have got equally bored seeing to much of the same stuff.... And would want something else (probably science such as biology/botany/ecology) something of that sort.

Both English A-levels and Philosophy and Ethics. I don't see the need to take additional languages. No need (I had a weird form tutor who thought it'd be great to speak to us in French/Spanish for 5 years of form because she was a bitch). I hated her. Languages is just ergh.

More people take them so it makes sense... It's a majority thing.

Wow, you seem to hate everything. Languages are useful I'll have you know, if you had a good degree and knew a language/languages you're much more employable than someone without.

Without language you'd be nowhere.
Reply 4248
Original post by purplemind
I also have this kind of teacher. She is a FM teacher so that's not very good but I'm trying to be positive. :tongue:

FM?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How is everyone finding the workload of Year 13.

Its is alot more intense and harder in my eyes.
Original post by Afcwimbledon2
How is everyone finding the workload of Year 13.

Its is alot more intense and harder in my eyes.

Workload for me has stayed pretty similar (I do sciences, get hardly any homework) but the difficulty has been a serious jump.
Original post by ethery
Workload for me has stayed pretty similar (I do sciences, get hardly any homework) but the difficulty has been a serious jump.

I do Chemistry and oh god, the hardness has multiplied.. So confusing!
Original post by danataher
I do Chemistry and oh god, the hardness has multiplied.. So confusing!

Actually, for me the jump in chemistry has been smallest. I didn't get on with Unit 2. Don't ask why, I really don't know, I just found it really difficult! So it's not been quite so bad for me. xD
Anyone know if I can access AQA January 2013 examiner reports anywhere? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, that's Further Maths. :smile:
Reply 4255
Original post by purplemind
Well, that's Further Maths. :smile:

Mine is Chemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4256
Original post by Cool_JordH
Anyone care to talk about English instead? All I keep seeing is maths and science!

It's starting to grate on me!
*raises hand*

I agree. :frown:
Original post by Pandora.
*raises hand*

I agree. :frown:

But how do you start talking about English if no one starts?
If we're talking about non maths stuff.
I have to write an essay on Shoktakovitch's 5th Symphony, over the weekend. I also have to do a 16 bar composition including 4 cadences (I won't go into the types). I've borrowed an AQA music textbook to see whether it's helpful. As I've missed some weeks of class, I feel any help would be worth it.
We'll have an essay Q next friday on Jazz and Blues so I'll have to prepare for that and catch up on missed notes.
Additionally, I'm planning on reading "Beatiful Creatures" and "NHS plc-The privatisation of our Health care" over the weekend.

Spoiler

usycool1
Original post by Lucy96
Anyone know if I can access AQA January 2013 examiner reports anywhere? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're really struggling to find them, I may be able to get hold of them. :smile:

Latest