The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by danataher
I do Chemistry and oh god, the hardness has multiplied.. So confusing!

Its the hardest A level apparently! Well done for doing it though :biggrin:

Original post by keromedic
If we're talking about non maths stuff.
I have to write an essay on Shoktakovitch's 5th Symphony, over the weekend. I also have to do a 16 bar composition including 4 cadences (I won't go into the types). I've borrowed an AQA music textbook to see whether it's helpful. As I've missed some weeks of class, I feel any help would be worth it.
We'll have an essay Q next friday on Jazz and Blues so I'll have to prepare for that and catch up on missed notes.
Additionally, I'm planning on reading "Beatiful Creatures" and "NHS plc-The privatisation of our Health care" over the weekend.

Spoiler

Explain?
Original post by Blueray2

Explain?

music hw.PNG
Original post by Endless Blue
If you're really struggling to find them, I may be able to get hold of them. :smile:

I wish there was a Manchester meet up. I'd attend :biggrin:.
Original post by Endless Blue
If you're really struggling to find them, I may be able to get hold of them. :smile:

Okay thank you so much :smile:

I totally agree :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everyone should meet in Wales. You might go back home craving lamb but it'd be a good 'un anyhow :ahee:
Is/Has anyone doing/done young enterprise?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4266

Original post by Lucy96
Okay thank you so much :smile:

I totally agree :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Occams Chainsaw
Everyone should meet in Wales. You might go back home craving lamb but it'd be a good 'un anyhow :ahee:

Yorkshire :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not that I dislike Wales, it's just that I imagine it's awkward to travel to. I was considering visiting a member from here, who's in Wales :biggrin:.

Is Leeds in Yorkshire? If so, I can travel there cheaply on the train (for like £12) :smile:.
Manchester's close enough for me to be able to make it, I'd think. :tongue:

I don't want to go to a place where it takes half an hour for each local to utter a syllable. :tongue:
Yoooooooooke-shiiiiiir' puddins, yoooooooooooke-shiiiir tea, we even got hour own braaaawd-band nowadeeeeys - is good, is that. :rofl2:

I've never understood that last past. Here, in Wales, we are assertive "That's a pie, that is." In Yorkshire you are indecisive "That's a pie, is that(?)" almost as if you are questioning your statement but you are saying it to confirm what you said. It confuses the hell out of me.
music hw.PNG

Whats a cadences?
+ explain some other musical terms :smile:
Original post by Blueray2
Whats a cadences?
+ explain some other musical terms :smile:

Why terms don't u understand?
In Western musical theory, a cadence (Latin cadentia, "a falling") is, "a melodic or harmonic configuration that creates a sense of repose or resolution [finality or pause].
A common cadence, is the perfect cadence (V-I), which concludes many pieces of music.
Reply 4273
god this lab report is stressful :sad:
Original post by lilGem
god this lab report is stressful :sad:

You're doing labs quite early on! What subject/exam board? :smile:
Reply 4275
Is Leeds in Yorkshire? If so, I can travel there cheaply on the train (for like £12) :smile:.

Yes it is

I don't want to go to a place where it takes half an hour for each local to utter a syllable. :tongue:
Yoooooooooke-shiiiiiir' puddins, yoooooooooooke-shiiiir tea, we even got hour own braaaawd-band nowadeeeeys - is good, is that. :rofl2:

I've never understood that last past. Here, in Wales, we are assertive "That's a pie, that is." In Yorkshire you are indecisive "That's a pie, is that(?)" almost as if you are questioning your statement but you are saying it to confirm what you said. It confuses the hell out of me.

Where the f did you hear that people from Yorkshire speak like that. I know this person who prefers Leeds over Wales

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qari
Yes it is

Where the f did you hear that people from Yorkshire speak like that. I know this person who prefers Leeds over Wales

Posted from TSR Mobile

grandfather from leeds, great-grandparents from durham county. I spend a lot of time in yorkshire and that's what it sounds like to me :rofl:

I mean, my accent is very broad but the welsh accents around me are worse than up north, for sure. :smile:
Original post by Qari
Yes it is

It's settled :tongue:!
If we're talking about non maths stuff.
I have to write an essay on Shoktakovitch's 5th Symphony, over the weekend. I also have to do a 16 bar composition including 4 cadences (I won't go into the types). I've borrowed an AQA music textbook to see whether it's helpful. As I've missed some weeks of class, I feel any help would be worth it.
We'll have an essay Q next friday on Jazz and Blues so I'll have to prepare for that and catch up on missed notes.
Additionally, I'm planning on reading "Beatiful Creatures" and "NHS plc-The privatisation of our Health care" over the weekend.

Spoiler

4 cadences in 16 bars? That will surely sound a bit weird? Especially if they're different types :s-smilie:

Edit: I was thinking that was one every two bars then, not four- all maths has suddenly left my brain! But that shouldn't sound quite as weird as I first thought :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by furryface12
4 cadences in 16 bars? That will surely sound a bit weird? Especially if they're different types :s-smilie:

Edit: I was thinking that was one every two bars then, not four- all maths has suddenly left my brain! But that shouldn't sound quite as weird as I first thought :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is going to be a bit weird to write :P as I have to include certain chords every 4 bars :P.
How're ur A2s?

Latest