The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Hi all, I'm applying for modern languages :smile: not sure if anyone will know the answer to this, but where do we say on Ucas which languages we're applying for, as it's called BA modern languages? Some unis say on their website what to put in the further details, but I can't find it on the Birmingham one :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 61
Original post by Assassinn
Applying for both Policy, Politics and Economics and Political Economy.

You're the first person I've found to also be applying to PPE at Birmingham! What Alevels are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abi_7
You're the first person I've found to also be applying to PPE at Birmingham! What Alevels are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know right, its literally non existent here. I did Economics, History and Media Studies and am currently on a gap year so ive done half the battle. How about yourself? Ill be firming Birmingham after I visit ofcourse, but the course looks really good.
Reply 63
I know right, its literally non existent here. I did Economics, History and Media Studies and am currently on a gap year so ive done half the battle. How about yourself? Ill be firming Birmingham after I visit ofcourse, but the course looks really good.

It really is! I'm doing Economics, English Lit, Psychology and I've just dropped Geography. Oh wow what are you planning to do during your gap year? Yes I'm praying for an offer and will definitely be firming it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abi_7
It really is! I'm doing Economics, English Lit, Psychology and I've just dropped Geography. Oh wow what are you planning to do during your gap year? Yes I'm praying for an offer and will definitely be firming it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here. I hope I get an offer, I'm going to work and take an AS in Maths to strengthen my application this year, my personal statement is pretty much done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 65
Applying for both Policy, Politics and Economics and Political Economy.

Hey I'm in a similar situation :smile: But I need to choose between PPE, Political Science and Economics, International Relations with Economics and Political Economy :/

Do you find the economics a bit lacking in the political economy course?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by D_Biddles
Hey I'm in a similar situation :smile: But I need to choose between PPE, Political Science and Economics, International Relations with Economics and Political Economy :/

Do you find the economics a bit lacking in the political economy course?

I think the last two courses you mention will definitely be more political than economic. Political Economy though focuses on a specific aspect of both subjects and therefor differs from PPE in the sense that it will have less mathematics involved. Im applying for both so I have the option later to decide, I think it should come down to which of the three your more interested in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Hi, I'm applying for English Literature & History :smile:
Reply 68
Applied for Medicine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
Me ! hoping to do maths
Reply 70
Original post by DrumChops
Applied for Medicine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's the best medical school, you made a good choice :wink:
Reply 71
Original post by Zaphod77
It's the best medical school, you made a good choice :wink:

I would honestly do anything to get an offer. You're a medic here I take it?
I am applying this year for English and History joint honours. Anyone else studying that?
Reply 73
School have finally sent my UCAS application! Applying for Chemistry, anyone else? :smile:
Original post by lizz-ie
School have finally sent my UCAS application! Applying for Chemistry, anyone else? :smile:

Chemical enginerding! Similar!
Reply 75
Applying for geography! :biggrin: Waiting for school to send off my UCAS...
Reply 76
I'm thinking of going there for Chemistry too!
Reply 77
I would honestly do anything to get an offer. You're a medic here I take it?

Yep! Just finished my first week learning as a first year medical student, so I've been here 2 weeks so far :biggrin:
Reply 78
Original post by Zaphod77
Yep! Just finished my first week learning as a first year medical student, so I've been here 2 weeks so far :biggrin:

Oh cool :biggrin: How are you finding it so far?
Reply 79
Oh cool :biggrin: How are you finding it so far?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=44706544&highlight=
This is my freshers blog that explains a bit, if you're interested! But basically, it's amazing, you've made a good choice :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending