The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Lasagneee
I'm thinking of going there for Chemistry too!

Great choice! :wink:

Where else are you applying? :smile:
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 81
I'm planning on applying for law :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm pretty certain I'm going to apply for Physics and Astrophysics
I haven't been to the campus though- can anyone tell me what its like? and Birmingham in general?
Reply 83
Original post by Zaphod77
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=44706544&highlight=
This is my freshers blog that explains a bit, if you're interested! But basically, it's amazing, you've made a good choice :biggrin:

Such a good read, watching the thread :smile: Haha you're giving me excitement already :wink:
Reply 84
Original post by LucyW456
I'm pretty certain I'm going to apply for Physics and Astrophysics
I haven't been to the campus though- can anyone tell me what its like? and Birmingham in general?

The campus is beautiful especially in the autumn or the snow. Everything is generally in one location and it takes 15 minutes to walk end to end. Birmingham itself is OK. The location of the university is safer than most places but you find its student populated. The nightlife is what you make it but there is something for everyone. The guild also holds student nights.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
Original post by Lasagneee
I'm thinking of going there for Chemistry too!

Original post by lizz-ie
School have finally sent my UCAS application! Applying for Chemistry, anyone else? :smile:

I did chemistry so any questions about the course I'll try and answer as best as I can.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
Original post by Est.1989
I did chemistry so any questions about the course I'll try and answer as best as I can.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I went to Birmingham on a Chemistry Experience Day in August and absolutely loved it! If I get offers from everywhere I've applied, it'll be such a hard decision :frown:

When did you apply and when did you receive your offer? Also, do you mind me asking where else you applied? :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by lizz-ie
I went to Birmingham on a Chemistry Experience Day in August and absolutely loved it! If I get offers from everywhere I've applied, it'll be such a hard decision :frown:

When did you apply and when did you receive your offer? Also, do you mind me asking where else you applied? :smile:

I just graduated actually. When I applied it was to Birmingham, Manchester, Sheffield, Surrey and another I can't remember which though. In the end it was a toss up between Birmingham and Manchester. I was the only one of my group of friends to stay in Birmingham and to this day don't regret it. Manc. Is great fun but I didn't like the fact the campus was integrated into the city as opposed to 'student village' like experience at brum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
Original post by DrumChops
Such a good read, watching the thread :smile: Haha you're giving me excitement already :wink:

Glad you enjoyed it! Haha, you should be excited, it is a very exciting place to be :biggrin:
Reply 89
Original post by Est.1989
I just graduated actually. When I applied it was to Birmingham, Manchester, Sheffield, Surrey and another I can't remember which though. In the end it was a toss up between Birmingham and Manchester. I was the only one of my group of friends to stay in Birmingham and to this day don't regret it. Manc. Is great fun but I didn't like the fact the campus was integrated into the city as opposed to 'student village' like experience at brum.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations :smile: I've applied for Sheffield, Oxford, York and Nottingham as well as Birmingham :smile: my application was sent off today - even though I finished it weeks ago, my school took ages to send it! - and I keep checking my emails every five seconds even though I know I won't start getting replies for a while!

What was the highlight of your time at Birmingham? :smile:
Reply 90
Original post by aallen
Just wondering, who is thinking of applying to Birmingham for 2014 entry?
I'm toying with the idea of doing Chemistry.

I am! Thinking of doing the education course :smile: anyone else looking at the same?
anyone here applying for psychology? :smile:
Reply 92
Original post by lizz-ie
Congratulations :smile: I've applied for Sheffield, Oxford, York and Nottingham as well as Birmingham :smile: my application was sent off today - even though I finished it weeks ago, my school took ages to send it! - and I keep checking my emails every five seconds even though I know I won't start getting replies for a while!

What was the highlight of your time at Birmingham? :smile:

It's still early days yet but I there is always one uni that takes the longest to give a response. Good luck, there all great universities for chemistry.

That's a tough question because it's hard to narrow down to one single thing. I'd have to say fresher's as a non fresher. I was a steward for fresher's fest and the charity bar crawls. It was nice getting to know the first years and making sure they had a nice intro to Birmingham.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
Im applying for chemical engineering!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94
Original post by Utterly-confused
I am applying this year for English and History joint honours. Anyone else studying that?

I'm applying for that also! Have you completed your personal statement? I'm still doing it ugh
Original post by Gavan

Posted from TSR Mobile

Snap :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applied to human biology :smile:
Reply 97
Original post by Gavan

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm applying for Chemical Engineering too! How is your personal statement going?
Reply 98
Original post by Mercy.O
I'm applying for Chemical Engineering too! How is your personal statement going?

Its going pretty good, done a few drafts and have a structure I'm happy with. Just refining it now, hows yours going? Yours too Sophie, snap to you to 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
Original post by lizz-ie
Great choice! :wink:

Where else are you applying? :smile:

I don't even know! :frown: I'm having such a hard time deciding! Manchester and Bangor are possibilities...you? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending