The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Egg Militia
Thanks dude. I do agree we have an amazing pitch with a great stand and some very devoted fans, who continued to show support in the hardest of times (like when you guys dropped 79 on us :broken:). Makes me sad as some of them came as far as south Wales to watch us.

Our announcer works at both Cardinal stadium and Colchester for the Gladiators. Despite not winning this year, he said we look much better than the Gladiators, who were atop division 1 south. I dunno. We had some unlucky days (only 24 of us going to south Wales and missing key players, a pick 6 called back against Sussex). But again, the fact remains we just didn't cut it in the prem this year. I myself have only played 2 years as a senior and defensive back, so I have masses of room for improvement.

Already looking forward to the 2014 season, despite having a ton of uni work (final year of radiography).

Good luck this weekend.

Is this the ipswich cardinals by any chance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sammy Lanka
Is this the ipswich cardinals by any chance

Posted from TSR Mobile

indeed.
indeed.

I was thinking about coming and watching a few games but don't know if its the kind f environment that random people just turn up to. Is it worth coming

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was thinking about coming and watching a few games but don't know if its the kind f environment that random people just turn up to. Is it worth coming

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure dude. I went without meeting any of the players beforehand just last February. The coaches love mentoring rookies; always give a shout out to new comers in the post-practice speeches and such. The other players are good guys. Some will really take you under their wing.Made some good new friends in the brief time I've been with them.

What position are you looking at trying out? I know we have some rookie days coming up soon.

Just realised you probably meant as a spectator -_- Errr yeah, the season will start in April, and we usually have a BBQ and outside stall to buy stuff from. We even have our own game programmes printed! Entry I think is usually 2 or 3 quid, but the fan experience is as good as it gets in the BAFL. There's an announcer calling every play, keeping the fans updated as to what went on / what's going on. And usually, as it's in the spring or summer, it's a great way to spend a sunday outside :P
(edited 10 years ago)
Sure dude. I went without meeting any of the players beforehand just last February. The coaches love mentoring rookies; always give a shout out to new comers in the post-practice speeches and such. The other players are good guys. Some will really take you under their wing.Made some good new friends in the brief time I've been with them.

What position are you looking at trying out? I know we have some rookie days coming up soon.

I didn't mean to try out. I'm a weed and would be absolutely destroyed. I just noticed admission prices on the website and wondered about It from a spectator basis

Posted from TSR Mobile
I didn't mean to try out. I'm a weed and would be absolutely destroyed. I just noticed admission prices on the website and wondered about It from a spectator basis

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, I corrected my previous post.

Sure you couldn't be a kicker? :P or if you wanted to get involved (you get a free burger + drink at half time) you could help with the officiating (chain gang/ball boy).
Sorry, I corrected my previous post.

Sure you couldn't be a kicker? :P or if you wanted to get involved (you get a free burger + drink at half time) you could help with the officiating (chain gang/ball boy).

It sounds good. I'll definitely think about coming along. Thanks for you advice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gutted for the Browns - losing Hoyer last night. Things were picking up nicely for them.
Reply 7168
Gutted for the Browns - losing Hoyer last night. Things were picking up nicely for them.

If tampa had kept hold of Freeman for one more day ..... :/
Reply 7169
I've gone 12-fold on this weeks acca! 3k if it comes in and it'll be off a free bet!

Houston at San Francisco
Houston @ 9/4
San Diego at Oakland
San Diego @ 1/2
Kansas City at Tennessee
Kansas City @ 5/7
Denver at Dallas
Denver @ 1/3
Carolina at Arizona
Carolina @ 10/13
Seattle at Indianapolis
Seattle @ 5/7
Philadelphia at NY Giants
Philadelphia @ 11/10
New Orleans at Chicago
Chicago @ 20/23
New England at Cincinnati
Cincinnati @ 5/6
Jacksonville at St Louis
St Louis @ 1/6
Detroit at Green Bay
Green Bay @ 1/3
Baltimore at Miami
Miami @ 8/13
Reply 7170
Original post by Wattsy
I've gone 12-fold on this weeks acca! 3k if it comes in and it'll be off a free bet!

Houston at San Francisco
Houston @ 9/4
San Diego at Oakland
San Diego @ 1/2
Kansas City at Tennessee
Kansas City @ 5/7
Denver at Dallas
Denver @ 1/3
Carolina at Arizona
Carolina @ 10/13
Seattle at Indianapolis
Seattle @ 5/7
Philadelphia at NY Giants
Philadelphia @ 11/10
New Orleans at Chicago
Chicago @ 20/23
New England at Cincinnati
Cincinnati @ 5/6
Jacksonville at St Louis
St Louis @ 1/6
Detroit at Green Bay
Green Bay @ 1/3
Baltimore at Miami
Miami @ 8/13

Houston, Chicago and Cincinnati eh? Good luck! Although I kinda hope you get the Pats one wrong :tongue:
If we don't beat Jacksonville, I'm going to cry. We've had a bad enough start to the season as it is :lol:
Reply 7172
Don't like Philly and chicago on your list. Detroit will beat GB as well.
Reply 7173
Don't like Seattle either

Posted from TSR Mobile
Problem with betting on the NFL is the fact that is always a few surprises every week.
I usually put on maybe a 7 or 8 fold each week. If you bet on every game you are 99% certain to get at least one wrong!

This is of course what makes the NFL brilliant. The sheer fact that you cannot predict anything.
Reply 7175
If I was going to bet on the nfl this week id have:

Lions +7
Dolphins -3
Saints ML
and Chiefs vs Titans O38.5

@ 13/1ish
Original post by R-KAM
We've got our first association game a week on Sunday :awesome:

Nice man! Good luck for that :h:

Patriots 4-0 I see. Apparently Talib has been unbelievable :coma:
Reply 7177
Original post by Malevolent
Nice man! Good luck for that :h:

Patriots 4-0 I see. Apparently Talib has been unbelievable :coma:

Thank you! Three games then we get accepted to league :biggrin:

Hell yeah, D has been pretty impressive, receivers are getting better each week. Tom is Tom.

Talib has been on beast mode. We were #1 against shutting down teams primary receivers, don't know if stat is still true after Atlanta game, but yeah :awesome:
Original post by R-KAM
Thank you! Three games then we get accepted to league :biggrin:

Hell yeah, D has been pretty impressive, receivers are getting better each week. Tom is Tom.

Talib has been on beast mode. We were #1 against shutting down teams primary receivers, don't know if stat is still true after Atlanta game, but yeah :awesome:

Well good luck with all of that and I hope it goes well for you lot! Haven't managed to watch any of the games which is a little disappointing but 4-0 is awesome!

We still have Amendola, Gronkowski and Vereen to return. Safe to say if healthy come december is when this team will be clicking on all cylinders. :woo:

Yeah I saw he didn't allow a completion in the game. Nice that we have a lock down guy :colone: Still can't cover tight ends though and Big Vince down :cry2:

Solder though I hear has been unbelievable. Hasn't allowed a sack or QB hit.
Reply 7179
Original post by R-KAM
Houston, Chicago and Cincinnati eh? Good luck! Although I kinda hope you get the Pats one wrong :tongue:

I avoid backing the Pats a lot, I really really don't like them. Everyone says the NFL always has a few shocks each week so really it's about picking the right shocks, there's a reason the odds were 600/1 ish but its a free bet so I figured I may as well go big, if by some insane chance I do win 3k I will be the happiest man alive for a minute or so, if I'd have done my usual sort of acca bet I'd have paid for another night out which I already have too many of anyway.

Latest