The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

I been on a journey with Barts before, they ended it in December last year :tongue: Lets try another journey :biggrin:
Original post by Camilla 2501
Hi everyone! I'm applying to Barts. :smile: GCSEs 7A/A*, IB 35 points (666 HL incl. Chem & Bio), predicted 2:1 for Biomed at KCL and UKCAT average 717.5. Would love some opinions on my chances, thanks! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very good since your're a graduate, if you decided to apply for GEM I can't really comment but I think you needed 705 avg last year. If you are applying to normal 5 year then very good chance since they will only look at your UKCAT score :smile:
Reply 362
Hi, I am an int. applicant. Need help in calculating UCAS tariff for IB - achieved 36 (all 6s) and predicted 42 (all 7s). UKCAT 715

Worth applying to Barts?
Hi guys

I have A Levels achieved A*AAA (500 UCAS tariff points) and 740 UKCAT - do you think it's worth applying to Bart's? got rejected pre-interview last year so being a bit wary!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by lovelycup7
Hi guys

I have A Levels achieved A*AAA (500 UCAS tariff points) and 740 UKCAT - do you think it's worth applying to Bart's? got rejected pre-interview last year so being a bit wary!

What did you have last year (predicted tariff and UKCAT)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DrumChops
What did you have last year (predicted tariff and UKCAT)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My predicted tariff was 480 and my UKCAT was 662.5
Reply 366
Hello :biggrin:
I have finished my A-levels and got A*A*A*A. I did extended project and got a B. So overall I think I've got 590 UCAS Tariff Points.
In the UKCAT I got 702.5 and Band 3 in SJT :frown:
I just wanted to know if this application has any chance in getting an interview in Barts.
I'm worried because last year I got rejected pre-interview. I was predicted A*A*A*A, but I had 615 in the UKCAT
Thank you in advance :colondollar:
How competitive is it at Barts post interview?
Hi guys what do you think will be the cut off score for the ukcat this year? I had 635, do you think I stand any chance of getting in?
(edited 10 years ago)
So im guessing cut off will be higher this year?

QUOTE=Future Doc;44142713]Course is not traditional, PBL plays a relatively big role. Fun Med alone has a PBL every week.

East London is the poorest part of London and Tower Hamlets is the poorest borough. If you're coming from a middle class family, it will be a slight shock but it's not awful. It's a great part of London to live in and you can find some really nice places to live (you can also find some awful ones). You need to be sensible when out at night, but you won't get stabbed walking down the street in the day or anything.

Queen Mary is a good university. It's relatively unknown for a London university but it is good. It's part of the Russel Group. A lot of it's courses are in the top 10 in the country, with a few number 1. People like to hate on it because it appears to be the Coldplay of London universities.

Barts Med School has two campuses but you also use Mile End in first year for dissection.

Source: Studied at QM for three years, now attending Barts.

Barts cut off a few years ago (2011) for undergrad was 642.5. Last year (2012) for grad was 687.5.
Guys I’m confused with how to work out tariff points and things.

Basically at AS I got AABB
A2 Predictions AAA
UKCAT total 2640 and avrg 660

I’m not too sure whether I will be eligible for an interview at Barts as I can’t work out the tariff system. Any help? Thanks :colondollar:
Guys I want to ask if I am safe with a UCAS tariff of 700 (from 5A* predictions ) and a UKCAT score of 2540 (Avg. 635). I know my UCAS tariff is high enough but I am just a bit scared regarding my UKCAT score. I don't want to sound like those who say I got 13A* at GCSE and 847.5 UKCAT would I get an interview at Kings? :biggrin: I am applying to 2 BMAT unis so I want Barts to be my safest option so that even if my BMAT doesn't go really well I still have Barts as my 3rd choice. please guys I need serious answer. Thanks and Good luck to all :smile:
Reply 372
Original post by jollygood
Guys I want to ask if I am safe with a UCAS tariff of 700 (from 5A* predictions ) and a UKCAT score of 2540 (Avg. 635). I know my UCAS tariff is high enough but I am just a bit scared regarding my UKCAT score. I don't want to sound like those who say I got 13A* at GCSE and 847.5 UKCAT would I get an interview at Kings? :biggrin: I am applying to 2 BMAT unis so I want Barts to be my safest option so that even if my BMAT doesn't go really well I still have Barts as my 3rd choice. please guys I need serious answer. Thanks and Good luck to all :smile:

Don't worry mate, with scores like those I'm pretty sure you'll have an interview at Barts. Your high UCAS tariff will definitely compensate for your UKCAT score!!
Original post by Amaad121
Don't worry mate, with scores like those I'm pretty sure you'll have an interview at Barts. Your high UCAS tariff will definitely compensate for your UKCAT score!!

Thanks a lot for reassurance. Yeah I looked at last year stalking page and that put my mind at ease. Hopefully we'll all get in the uni we want :smile: Good Luck
Original post by GCSE-help
How competitive is it at Barts post interview?

500 offers from 800 interviews, so whatever you make of it :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lovelycup7
My predicted tariff was 480 and my UKCAT was 662.5

I think that you applying this year would be a good shot

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, I'm worried about my stats - should I apply to QM for Medicine? My teacher thinks I don't stand a chance, sigh.

GCSES: 7A*s 7As + A in FSMQ
AS: AAABB
Predicted: A*A*A +EPQ (A hopefully).
UKCAT: 655.
Grade 2 piano (probably doesn't have any tarrif point value).

Total tarrif points: 580.

My questions are:
1. Do QM include FSMQ in the tarrif point calculations? (that'd add another 20)
2. I took an AS in Year 11. Does this count?

I don't do four A levels, that's why I'm not sure whether I should apply :s-smilie: Also, I'm happy with my UKCAT, but I don't know if it's competitive enough for QM :frown:
Original post by shapal210
Hello :biggrin:
I have finished my A-levels and got A*A*A*A. I did extended project and got a B. So overall I think I've got 590 UCAS Tariff Points.
In the UKCAT I got 702.5 and Band 3 in SJT :frown:
I just wanted to know if this application has any chance in getting an interview in Barts.
I'm worried because last year I got rejected pre-interview. I was predicted A*A*A*A, but I had 615 in the UKCAT
Thank you in advance :colondollar:

What was ur question for epq??
Reply 378
Hey I have the following grades
igcses 6 A*s 1 A 1B
Alevels 4 A*s and my ukcat is 2650
ranks top in the world as mathematics and top in Saudi Arabia As physics
I am enrolled at school of pharmacy though
When I e-mailed them they told it'll be viewed negatively if you apply while on another course. But then i see many positive aspects in my application that will outweigh that negative point. What do you think ? Shall I give it a try ? am an international student

I also explained thoroughly in my statement why I chose to enroll to school of pharmacy rather than take a gap year. And how did I manage to utilise that to enrich my medical background
Hey, Im a scottish applicant, any information about what I need for Barts and the London ? ukcat and grades ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending