The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Lasagneee
I don't even know! :frown: I'm having such a hard time deciding! Manchester and Bangor are possibilities...you? :smile:

My application got sent off yesterday :biggrin:

Applied to Oxford, Sheffield, York and Nottingham as well as Birmingham, and York replied today inviting me for interview :smile:
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by lizz-ie
My application got sent off yesterday :biggrin:

Applied to Oxford, Sheffield, York and Nottingham as well as Birmingham, and York replied today inviting me for interview :smile:

Oh wow :redface: Aww, that's great! I'm so jealous hahah!
Heya! I've just started my first year at Birmingham med school, so the whole application process is still very fresh! If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask or PM me, good luck to you all!
Reply 103
Im hoping to do chemical engineering with a year abroad and a year in industry :smile:
Hey everyone :smile: I'm applying for Ancient History
Reply 105
Economics anyone?
Original post by daehyuns
Im hoping to do chemical engineering with a year abroad and a year in industry :smile:

Is this possible?
I'm hoping to do this, but I thought you can only do the year in industry or the year abroad?
I'd probably choose the year in industry if I was given the option to do one of the two.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Est.1989
The campus is beautiful especially in the autumn or the snow. Everything is generally in one location and it takes 15 minutes to walk end to end. Birmingham itself is OK. The location of the university is safer than most places but you find its student populated. The nightlife is what you make it but there is something for everyone. The guild also holds student nights.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok hmm that sounds pretty good then, thanks :smile:
Reply 108
Original post by Gavan
Its going pretty good, done a few drafts and have a structure I'm happy with. Just refining it now, hows yours going? Yours too Sophie, snap to you to ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

My first and second draft were quite cheesy so I'm on my 3rd draft now. My personal statement is starting to look a lot better but there is still room for improvement.
Reply 109
Original post by Mercy.O
My first and second draft were quite cheesy so I'm on my 3rd draft now. My personal statement is starting to look a lot better but there is still room for improvement.

Yeah i know exactly what you mean, mine is taking shape now. But I'm 300 characters over :/ And I've barely put anything about me in it. Hmm. Do you want to stay in accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ~ Aquamarine ~
Hey everyone :smile: I'm applying for Ancient History

Hi!

I am too! Have you sent your application off yet?
Original post by Athena_Laleak
Hi!

I am too! Have you sent your application off yet?

No not yet, still doing my personal statement. Where else are you thinking of applying to? :smile:
No not yet, still doing my personal statement. Where else are you thinking of applying to? :smile:

I've applied to Nottingham, Royal Holloway and Swansea as well, but I reckon Birmingham will be my first choice if I get an offer :smile:

How about you?
Original post by Rubyx
I'm applying for that also! Have you completed your personal statement? I'm still doing it ugh

No, I am improving it each day and it's just getting harder! Have you? I need to send mine off by the 23rd, this month. :frown: B'ham looks amazing! Well, the Uni! Do you live around here? What results did you get? Mine weren't as good as I hoped. :frown:
Reply 114
Planning to do something along the lines of business!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 115
Original post by x-Sophie-x
Is this possible?
I'm hoping to do this, but I thought you can only do the year in industry or the year abroad?
I'd probably choose the year in industry if I was given the option to do one of the two.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes you can! the 3rd year is in industry and the forth year is spent abroad
theres more information on the website so heres a link to the course that does a year in industry and a year abroad
http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/students/courses/undergraduate/chemical-engineering/chemical-engineering-industrial-international-meng.aspx#CourseOverviewTab
Original post by Athena_Laleak
I've applied to Nottingham, Royal Holloway and Swansea as well, but I reckon Birmingham will be my first choice if I get an offer :smile:

How about you?

Ah I'm applying to Exeter, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool and either Swansea or Reading as my last choice :redface:
Original post by JenLivYoung
Heya! I've just started my first year at Birmingham med school, so the whole application process is still very fresh! If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask or PM me, good luck to you all!

Hi! Do you know if they hold interviews for international students? I've heard interviews are only in UK and am wondering if they would do Skype or telephone-based interviews. Birmingham would be pretty much off-limits to me if not.
Reply 118
Original post by ministryofcats
Hi! Do you know if they hold interviews for international students? I've heard interviews are only in UK and am wondering if they would do Skype or telephone-based interviews. Birmingham would be pretty much off-limits to me if not.

Sorry to butt in, but they do, some international students had interviews the same day as me! They should tell you the date well in advance, but the problem with phone and skype is that it's MMI, so I don't know whether they would... It might be worth you emailing or ringing them and finding out :smile:
Ah I'm applying to Exeter, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool and either Swansea or Reading as my last choice :redface:

Which one is your first choice? :smile:

Quick Reply