The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Did some calculations, and it seems that Leicester is one of the hardest medical schools to get into - as their interview to offer ratio is so high. How are you guys preparing for the interview?
Reply 421
Original post by KanKan
Did some calculations, and it seems that Leicester is one of the hardest medical schools to get into - as their interview to offer ratio is so high. How are you guys preparing for the interview?

...and whats that?
Reply 422
Original post by Ama2007
...and whats that?

Well, only 43% of those interviewed get offers, which is one of the lowest percentages - obviously to account for the large number of interviews they have to conduct.
Original post by KanKan
Well, only 43% of those interviewed get offers, which is one of the lowest percentages - obviously to account for the large number of interviews they have to conduct.

lol I have to worry about GETTING the interview. (57 if you're wondering :smile: )
Reply 424
Original post by star10159
lol I have to worry about GETTING the interview. (57 if you're wondering :smile: )

Last years cut off was 56 so your in with a chance my friend :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 425
As longs as I get an interview, I will figure out the rest afterwards! I am dying to get in to the GEM this year, dont want to waste another year. So am hoping Leicester will like my PS. Although as the time going by it seems less likely. My score is a bit risky.
Reply 426
Original post by star10159

Yeah, as said earlier, the worst case scenario for you - is that they have to look at your PS. The chances are - you will get an interview :smile:
I have 3A*s 3As in my best 6 GCSEs, 3A*s in A-level and 2810 in the UKCAT. 58/60?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 428
Original post by Affliction
I have 3A*s 3As in my best 6 GCSEs, 3A*s in A-level and 2810 in the UKCAT. 58/60?

Do those gcse grades include english language, maths and the sciences?
Original post by k1rby
Do those gcse grades include english language, maths and the sciences?

Yea, 3 sciences, maths, english language and geography
Reply 430
Original post by Affliction
Yea, 3 sciences, maths, english language and geography

Then yep, you got 58 :smile:
Original post by k1rby
Then yep, you got 58 :smile:

Thanks, glad you asked about the GCSEs, it was just coincidence that those subjects happened to be my best 6 :tongue:
Reply 432
Hi,

I am a re-applicant.
I got all A* in 3 Sciences, RS, Maths and a B in Eng lang. ie 28/30
2A* in single maths and further maths, A in Chem, Bio and a Phys AS ie 2
UKCAT 2770 ie 27
28+27+2=57

Or should I count my maths into one subject only and score 1 point instead of 2 ?

Seems it is critically important as it makes a big difference of getting 56 instead of 57 ?

Thanks for the advice !
Reply 433
Original post by FrankieSo
Hi,

I am a re-applicant.
I got all A* in 3 Sciences, RS, Maths and a B in Eng lang. ie 28/30
2A* in single maths and further maths, A in Chem, Bio and a Phys AS ie 2
UKCAT 2770 ie 27
28+27+2=57

Or should I count my maths into one subject only and score 1 point instead of 2 ?

Seems it is critically important as it makes a big difference of getting 56 instead of 57 ?

Thanks for the advice !

You would get 30/30 for your academic score because you get a point for each A* up to 3 subjects including chemistry and any 2 others. Then 27 for UKCAT so you've got 57 :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 434
a bit worry as some uni consider maths as one subject only. the 27 is for UKCAT.
thank you so much for helping!
Reply 435
Original post by FrankieSo
a bit worry as some uni consider maths as one subject only. the 27 is for UKCAT.
thank you so much for helping!

oops yeah typo, no problem :smile:
Just wondering :confused: does Leicester give you a selection of interview dates within their cycles to choose from when invited for an interview or just a single date?

Thanks in advance! :smile:
Reply 437
Original post by Nisha Noor
Just wondering :confused: does Leicester give you a selection of interview dates within their cycles to choose from when invited for an interview or just a single date?

Thanks in advance! :smile:

Just a single date during one of the interview weeks they have on their website :smile:
Could anybody going to the Open Day do me a huge favor and ask if Romanian Baccalaureate in Maths, Chemistry and Romanian are accepted equivalents? Tried contacting them but got an automated reply that they'll be too busy till the 15th. :s
Reply 439
got 50/60, bang on 25 in each of the scoring systems. should i even bother?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending