The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by kicokon
got 50/60, bang on 25 in each of the scoring systems. should i even bother?

If you've had mitigating circumstances then they might add points on. Otherwise though, the probability of getting an interview is really unlikely I'm afraid
Anyone have a better understanding of the interview? I know it's MMI, but what happens at each station, what questions are asked/what scenarios are played through? Thanks!
Also I'm I right in saying with a score of 60/60 I'm guaranteed an inteview?... I meet the academic criteria etc?
Reply 443
Original post by MedicalMike
Anyone have a better understanding of the interview? I know it's MMI, but what happens at each station, what questions are asked/what scenarios are played through? Thanks!

They change what happens at the stations each year. All you can do is your best. I think that knowing what stations came up the year before would hinder you as you would rely too much on that knowledge such that when faced with completely different scenarios, you'll be thrown off. Plus it'd be totally unfair on the other candidates!
They'll assess:
Verbal communication
Written communication
Listening
Problem solving
Motivation and suitability

Original post by MedicalMike
Also I'm I right in saying with a score of 60/60 I'm guaranteed an inteview?... I meet the academic criteria etc?

Pretty much yeah
Original post by k1rby
They change what happens at the stations each year. All you can do is your best. I think that knowing what stations came up the year before would hinder you as you would rely too much on that knowledge such that when faced with completely different scenarios, you'll be thrown off. Plus it'd be totally unfair on the other candidates!
They'll assess:
Verbal communication
Written communication
Listening
Problem solving
Motivation and suitability

Pretty much yeah

Thanks, really helpful!
Reply 445
Sent my application to my referee on Friday they sent it to UCAS on Saturday and Leicester replied to me with an acknowledgment email :smile:
Reply 446
Original post by t()m
Sent my application to my referee on Friday they sent it to UCAS on Saturday and Leicester replied to me with an acknowledgment email :smile:

..and so it begins :daydreaming:

Original post by h3isenberg
Would you say 59/60 guarantees an interview too?

I'd say so :smile:
Original post by k1rby
..and so it begins :daydreaming:

I'd say so :smile:
Wow! That is extremely quick! I feel nervous for you! Are you getting any help/advice with regard to the interview? It is now getting to the very serious stage which is just stomach churning. Well done. You must be one of the first to have an acknowledgement,:thumbsup:
Reply 448
Original post by violetcrystal
Wow! That is extremely quick! I feel nervous for you! Are you getting any help/advice with regard to the interview? It is now getting to the very serious stage which is just stomach churning. Well done. You must be one of the first to have an acknowledgement,:thumbsup:

I think you meant to quote t()m rather than me :smile:

Original post by t()m
x
Reply 449
Original post by h3isenberg
I got an acknowledgement from Leicester today an hour after the application was sent to UCAS, didn't think it would be so quick!

Same here - Leicester are really efficient, but haven't had any other responses from other unis...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CasualSoul
Ohh right. Erm no I have NOT contacted Liverpool but like you say I have not seen anything like that for Liverpool and if it were the case I'm sure they would have clearly mentioned it like Lancaster did. You haven't applied to Lancaster before so you're fine and you say you've changed your statement a lot so it is probably a lot better than the old one so honestly I wouldn't worry about it.

Hey it just applies to people that have applied to Lancaster before...hmm not sure why it would apply to people resitting the year unless one applied before but is also resitting the year in which case it would also apply to them. If one is resitting the year but hasn't applied before it wouldn't apply to them as it would be the first statement they have submitted to Lancaster so it would be fine:redface:

Can an I just ask why my Lancaster thread has been merged into the Leicester thread? They are two separate medical schools as far as I'm aware
Reply 451
Original post by Rumschpringe
Can an I just ask why my Lancaster thread has been merged into the Leicester thread? They are two separate medical schools as far as I'm aware

I'm not sure.. Report the OP or something and ask them to separate the threads :smile:
Breaks my heart that I would have gotten an automatic interview here on the basis of my UKCAT. STUPID RESITS!!!!! :angry:
Original post by Rumschpringe

I literally have no idea, when I initially commented it was just the Lancaster 2014 thread and it only had two pages.I think one of the mods might have accidentally merged them but I don't see why they would do that :s-smilie:

Yeah you're right the completley separate medical schools

:confused:
It's an invasion
Original post by Dr. Django
It's an invasion

We must fight for our thread
I am applying to Leicester :smile:
Now that UKCAT is over, applications are being sent off....
The prep for interviews starts....

The Official 2014 Medicine Interview Prep thread:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2486122

:yep:

How is everyone preparing for interviews?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 457
Apparently last year you needed atleast 57/60 to have a chance of interview based on your academics and ukcat, and then after that your personal statement is looked at. I have 56/60 for these both. Does anyone know if this 57 point system is true or not =/
How good of a chance do people think I have?
GCSE: 5A* and 5A
AS: AABB (biology,maths,chemistry,physics)
PREDICTED A LEVELS: AAAA
UKCAT: average of 715
Work experience:
-1 week at a primary school
-1 week gp surgery
-1 week hospital including visiting operating theatres
-1 year every Saturday 3 hours charity shop
-6 months every week 3 hours nursing home
- NHS taster course at HYMS
- MedSim course
- 5 months an hour every week at a school for children with behavioural difficulties
Other info:
- bronze DofE
- maths tutor/mentor for year 7/8
- prefect ( school and bus)

Thanks for the feedback!
Reply 459
Original post by HayyanN
Apparently last year you needed atleast 57/60 to have a chance of interview based on your academics and ukcat, and then after that your personal statement is looked at. I have 56/60 for these both. Does anyone know if this 57 point system is true or not =/

Last year, this was true :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending