The Student Room Group

2014 Medicine Re-Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MX123
Does either way really even matter?

LOL probably not, as long as you enter the right grades and put in the grades for ones A levels...but don't quote me on that :redface:

It is nice to fill it in correctly though :biggrin:
Original post by AAA_
Sorry for the slow reply, but i see the confusion. They mean you should enter all your unit A/S grades, although it actually isn't a necessity since some uni/courses don't require you to declare your unit grades. I hope that makes it clear.

Yeah I actually got it wrong O_o. One of the helpers on here confirmed that you were right. It certainly makes sense now- thanks :smile:
Just done my final PS draft, getting last minute checks from friends and teachers! all too scary might be going Canada on thursday :P
Original post by FlavaFavourFruit
If you have 4A*s 5As and above, you will reach the academic req. I applied last year with AAA and 4 A*s at gcse.

Just for clarification, were you offered an interview at Cardiff?
I phoned up UCAS and asked them and they said that you do enter the AS grades and the A2 grades as they are both separate qualifications, even if you took them onto A2. :smile:
Reply 2285
Original post by panjabiflower
I phoned up UCAS and asked them and they said that you do enter the AS grades and the A2 grades as they are both separate qualifications, even if you took them onto A2. :smile:

So Advanced level is A2 and advanced subsidiary (from 2001) is AS?
Damn! So with A*AAb I would have to enter 7 qualifications?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dr.Ugs
So Advanced level is A2 and advanced subsidiary (from 2001) is AS?
Damn! So with A*AAb I would have to enter 7 qualifications?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think so. But then everybody else on here is saying you don't have to add the AS levels for the subjects carried on to A2. If you want to make sure you could give them a ring. :smile:
Hi again everybody :smile:

As a resitter, I've put in my UCAS my achieved overall A2 grades and then put the ones I'm resitting again, as my overall grade "pending".
However, my UCAS adviser at college isn't happy with this- she told me I must put all of my module grades down as well. I really don't want to do this as I'm sure Liverpool, Lancaster and Exeter don't care much about individual module grades and by putting my modular grades down I'll be kicking myself in the foot really, by showing just how much I did badly in August.
I didn't put any modular grades in last year's application and still got two interviews and an offer (I applied to different unis though).

Shall I just leave it as it is or should I put in the module grades?
Original post by frogs r everywhere
Just for clarification, were you offered an interview at Cardiff?

Nope but the rejection was down to my PS, not my academics.
Reply 2289
Original post by panjabiflower
I think so. But then everybody else on here is saying you don't have to add the AS levels for the subjects carried on to A2. If you want to make sure you could give them a ring. :smile:

I will probably do that :smile: thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2290
Original post by Rumschpringe
Hi again everybody :smile:

As a resitter, I've put in my UCAS my achieved overall A2 grades and then put the ones I'm resitting again, as my overall grade "pending".
However, my UCAS adviser at college isn't happy with this- she told me I must put all of my module grades down as well. I really don't want to do this as I'm sure Liverpool, Lancaster and Exeter don't care much about individual module grades and by putting my modular grades down I'll be kicking myself in the foot really, by showing just how much I did badly in August.
I didn't put any modular grades in last year's application and still got two interviews and an offer (I applied to different unis though).

Shall I just leave it as it is or should I put in the module grades?

as far as I'm aware you are under no obligation to put module grades down, unless your uni requires them (I think Cambridge does - but even so I think they ask for them directly after application) so if it's not a requirement and you don't want to then don't aha :-)
Reply 2291
I've got seven 1s at standard grades and a 2 for standard grade english, five As at higher and three As at advanced higher. Oh and my UKCAT is 742.5. I know St. Andrews want excellent academics, so will my 2 in english be likely to affect my chances there?
hey guys, I have emailed some unis about if you have achieved A-Level grades and they dont consider as much your gcse grades. Which main unis 'overllok' the gcse if you have done alevel?
When are people planning on sending off their applications? I don't want to send it until just before the deadline as really, there's no point and early applicants are not given any beneficial advantage are they?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2294
Original post by SuziieB
When are people planning on sending off their applications? I don't want to send it until just before the deadline as really, there's no point and early applicants are not given any beneficial advantage are they?

Posted from TSR Mobile

14th :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SuziieB

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tonight :smile: but when you send it won't effect your chances.
Original post by SuziieB

Posted from TSR Mobile

The later you leave it, the more chance you have of missing the deadline - UCASs server is well known for falling down at critical moments, and if you need to send it to a referee first then that's another weak link out of your control.

Whilst there may not be any genuine advantage to sending it early, it's not as if the unis are going to sit on it til after the 15th - my uni are already reviewing the first batch of applications they've received.
Reply 2297
Do we have to put any module resits on UCAS (saying this because some people said we don't have to even put down our modules)

Wow, that's a gamble! I couldn't leave it that late, anything could happen...

Original post by Richyp22
Tonight :smile: but when you send it won't effect your chances.

I was originally thinking of doing it tonight but I thought it was too early :/ maybe I should..

Original post by Becca-Sarah
The later you leave it, the more chance you have of missing the deadline - UCASs server is well known for falling down at critical moments, and if you need to send it to a referee first then that's another weak link out of your control.

Whilst there may not be any genuine advantage to sending it early, it's not as if the unis are going to sit on it til after the 15th - my uni are already reviewing the first batch of applications they've received.

Oh that's cool, I guess it could help if mine could be reviewed before the deadline. My reference has been completed already so I might as well send it then. Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SuziieB
Wow, that's a gamble! I couldn't leave it that late, anything could happen...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have a funny feeling he was joking hence the :wink:

:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending