The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Have they relaxed the laws on pantyshots in anime again? Because for at least a year they've been 'conveniently censored', or avoided completely, but they seem to be back with a vengeance this season... :lolwut:
Reply 5641
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Have they relaxed the laws on pantyshots in anime again? Because for at least a year they've been 'conveniently censored', or avoided completely, but they seem to be back with a vengeance this season... :lolwut:

I thought that was just to entice people to buy the slightly more explicit blu ray version. Maybe sales have been low so they brought he, back for the tv release.:dontknow:
Original post by vin
I thought that was just to entice people to buy the slightly more explicit blu ray version. Maybe sales have been low so they brought he, back for the tv release.:dontknow:

No doubt that's part of it, but I know there was talk of various laws/bills to do with censorship of TV anime being talked about while I was studying my MSc (round about 2010/11). I didn't pay a huge amount of attention, but the next thing I know, all pantyshots seemed to be censored (have been for at least a year, I believe). Unless multiple studios simply had the same idea about promoting their BD/DVD releases at around the same time, and stopped doing it at the same time as well? :dontknow:

Not that it really matters, I was just shocked to see that level of fanservice after such a long time. :p:
Who has read chapter 50 of Attack On Titan yet?!
ZOMG, so GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!

Spoiler

RIP...
(edited 10 years ago)
Watched The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya movie; I'd already read the light novel, so it was nothing new story-wise, but it was nice to see it animated. :yes: Better paced than the TV adaptations of other arcs were, in my opinion, though it did have two and a half hours (equivalent to about 8 episodes) to play with!
Surprised no one is talking about the new chapter of Attack On Titan yet. =l
Original post by Scienceisgood
Surprised no one is talking about the new chapter of Attack On Titan yet. =l

Haha I'll talk about it. It was awesome I'm too impatient to wait for the next season that I'm reading the manga now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Watched The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya movie; I'd already read the light novel, so it was nothing new story-wise, but it was nice to see it animated. :yes: Better paced than the TV adaptations of other arcs were, in my opinion, though it did have two and a half hours (equivalent to about 8 episodes) to play with!

The film is brilliant, it's my 2nd favorite anime film, Behind K-on! Now you have watched the film you should give​The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan a read, its a spin-off to the film, kind of?:confused:
Original post by Jamie.12345:
The film is brilliant, it's my 2nd favorite anime film, Behind K-on! Now you have watched the film you should give​The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan a read, its a spin-off to the film, kind of?:confused:

Amazon recommended that series to me a while back; I've considered it, but since I'm not even up to date with the English releases of the original Haruhi light novels, I probably shouldn't be spending money on spinoffs just yet. :p: It does sound interesting, though. :yes:
Reply 5649
Watched the second Berserk film last night. Its more of the same.:sadnod: The animation still looks a bit weird when it goes to the more fluid 3dish look during the huge battles. Which is a shame because when it's the more conventional type it looks very good.:sad: But urgh I know whats coming next.:s-smilie:

On that note, I caught up with the manga this morning. It had been about 2 years since I last read any so there were only like 8 chapters to catch up on.:yes: There was some interesting news at the end:teeth: at the current rate of release it will probably take another 5 for it all to be explained.:sadnod:
(edited 10 years ago)
:beard: im thinking of investing in a 1TB or even 2TB portable drive since my 640gb one and my laptop is almost full and i cant get myself to delete many of the eps :redface:

Original post by Mr-Schmuffle
yhh i haven't seen the ova but i really enjoyed the anime :smile:
it's fairly unique i suppose and the way Hikki thinks is just so funny xD
i want a second season too =[

watch it :yep: yeah Hachiman's thinking is just brilliant :mmm: Yukino's great too :laugh:

:five: fingers crossed :puppyeyes: i was kinda disappointed with the ending but i hope cos they left it open like that so they can make a 2nd season :excited:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by eugenius 8
:beard: im thinking of investing in a 1TB or even 2TB portable drive since my 640gb one and my laptop is almost full and i cant get myself to delete many of the eps :redface:

Yeah, I'm thinking that might be my next big purchase too. :p: Though for me, it'd be more to replace my old, 'first generation' external hard drives, which take up a lot of physical space, don't have that much digital space on them, and are also starting to play up. :sadnod: I've had them between 5-7 years though, so I can't complain too much. :nah:

I hadn't looked at hard drive prices since my masters year, so was surprised by how cheap 2TB is these days! It'd be nice to have everything on one drive (portable too!) as opposed to spread across four. :coma:

As for deleting series, I've had to do a lot of that this year. I've mostly focused on anime that have been licensed in the UK, the idea being that if I delete my fansubbed versions, I'll be more likely to buy them on DVD/BD. :yes:
Original post by eugenius 8

watch it :yep: yeah Hachiman's thinking is just brilliant :mmm: Yukino's great too :laugh:

:five: fingers crossed :puppyeyes: i was kinda disappointed with the ending but i hope cos they left it open like that so they can make a 2nd season :excited:

I have the following full series on my portable HD (500GB)

FMAB (Am strongly considering buying the Blu Ray discs from here) to free up some 25GB from it and give me the true HD version of it. =P
Is this a zombie - Season 1 and 2
Angel Beats - Full Series
Sword Art Online - Full Series
Fairy Tail - Full series
Summer Wars (Movie)
Blue Exorcist - Full Series
Attack On Titan - Full Series
The Last 15 episodes of Hikaru No Go
Future Diary - Full Series
Soul Eater - Full
Yeah, I'm thinking that might be my next big purchase too. :p: Though for me, it'd be more to replace my old, 'first generation' external hard drives, which take up a lot of physical space, don't have that much digital space on them, and are also starting to play up. :sadnod: I've had them between 5-7 years though, so I can't complain too much. :nah:

I hadn't looked at hard drive prices since my masters year, so was surprised by how cheap 2TB is these days! It'd be nice to have everything on one drive (portable too!) as opposed to spread across four. :coma:

As for deleting series, I've had to do a lot of that this year. I've mostly focused on anime that have been licensed in the UK, the idea being that if I delete my fansubbed versions, I'll be more likely to buy them on DVD/BD. :yes:

I'd kill for a petabyte (or two). XD

:five: ah ive got a big dodgy old external as well which started making funny noises, but i havent touched it for a couple of years, dont even know where its :erm: think ive got some quality shows on there :ninja:

yeah had a look on amazon a while ago, 87 squids for 2TB :eek: i think i paid 55 for my 640gb one a couple of years ago and it was on sale as well

ah right i see, im trying to delete shows that i would never watch again but im always like but i might watch that again one day in the distant future so not gona delete :p:

Original post by Scienceisgood
I have the following full series on my portable HD (500GB)

FMAB (Am strongly considering buying the Blu Ray discs from here) to free up some 25GB from it and give me the true HD version of it. =P
Is this a zombie - Season 1 and 2
Angel Beats - Full Series
Sword Art Online - Full Series
Fairy Tail - Full series
Summer Wars (Movie)
Blue Exorcist - Full Series
Attack On Titan - Full Series
The Last 15 episodes of Hikaru No Go
Future Diary - Full Series
Soul Eater - Full

nice collection, duno how many series ive got on mine and its all really unorganised as well :s-smilie: another reason to get a new hard drive so i can sort out all my anime easier :p:
(edited 10 years ago)
Whats your favorite anime? and Why?
Original post by BreakingBad17456

It is either Attack On Titan or Fairy Tail (Don't ask me to choose!)
Although, any series which is a comedy and action cross is always a contender, however, of course it depends on how good it is. =P
Reply 5657
Watched coppelion. It was veeery pretty. :yep: Very interesting idea. Also noticed the silence throughout most of the ep, really helped to give it that desolate alone feel. Saw a few people online complaining about the pace, but surely any faster wouldn't seem right. :beard:

One thing that made me :giggle: was that they were exploring a radioactive city and the most suitable clothing was obviously their school uniform. :tongue:

ps the mobile app is showing an ad for western digital hard drives, obviously a complete coincidence :hmmm:
(edited 10 years ago)

Angel Beats because it gave me dem feels :cry: (manly thoughts)
or Another because it's just so unnecessarily violent:colone:

If I had to choose just one, probably Baccano! I've said series like Haibane Renmei and Steins;Gate in the past (and would still recommend the hell out of both), and if you asked me again in a year I'd probably give a completely different answer. Still, the more I think about it, Baccano! is probably the least flawed, best paced series I've ever seen, and has a really interesting plot and cast of characters too. :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending