The Student Room Group

2014 Medicine Re-Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dr.Ugs
Lol I always thought your second name must be shire :colondollar: I feel like an idiot lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, I'd never use my full name on a public forum! Although it would be cool if Shire was my real name... I like alliterations though so I chose a word beginning with S to go with my name :smile:
Reply 2321
Original post by SusieShire
Nah, I'd never use my full name on a public forum! Although it would be cool if Shire was my real name... I like alliterations though so I chose a word beginning with S to go with my name :smile:

Lol ssss sinister :tongue: joke

Aspirinpharmacist has got to be the best I've seen so far. Although on killzone someone was called "helpabusivedad" which was both funny ad disturbing! :O

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2322
Ahh I hate my college.
I was planning to take Biology A2 exams there this year but they've changed their policy and don't let previous students resit/take any exams unless they've enrolled onto the course sigh.
So now I have to do AS&A2 bio in a year on a new exam board :confused:
Hi everyone,

sent off my second attempt at getting into med school this weekend
:bhangra:

Applied to Bristol, Keele, Soton and HYMS.

That is all :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
About to push send, not sure whether I should hold of and wait till tomorrow night in case my friends pick something out on it!!
Reply 2325
how long does it take for the referee to upload a reference of submit to ucas, ive yet to notify my referee...
Original post by Chi-
how long does it take for the referee to upload a reference of submit to ucas, ive yet to notify my referee...

Depends on how efficient they are. I used my head of sixth form as my referee this year despite not actually being a sixth form student. It took him a couple of days to write my reference and send it off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2327
Hey guys! For anyone still unsure about putting in achieved grades, I called up JUST NOW and they said that you just need to put GCE advanced level and not AS aswell unless you didnt carry it on to A2 :smile:
Original post by Dr.Ugs
Hey guys! For anyone still unsure about putting in achieved grades, I called up JUST NOW and they said that you just need to put GCE advanced level and not AS aswell unless you didnt carry it on to A2 :smile:

even if both were certified?
Reply 2329
Original post by panjabiflower
even if both were certified?

Yes :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey are you still applying to Cardiff? :smile:
You guys can put all your module results down under the GCE if you are concerned by I didn't since I did not consistently get As in all my modules. If you choose to do that then it's recommended you list all your modules good and bad otherwise it might look like you're hiding something! :smile:
Reply 2332
Original post by FlavaFavourFruit
Hey are you still applying to Cardiff? :smile:

I was going to but I decided not to after my UKCAT :smile: Its a really good med school but my stats are not good enough to meet their threshold :frown:

wbu? :smile:
Hi guys, I was wondering that for my A-Levels I am not entering my module grades but just my final grades as I have achieved them,

Is that fine?

Also for the date I put down the month of my results e.g. August 2013, is that also fine

Thanks
Reply 2334
How would you put down any modular resits if you chose not to declare modules results
Original post by Dr.Ugs
I was going to but I decided not to after my UKCAT :smile: Its a really good med school but my stats are not good enough to meet their threshold :frown:

wbu? :smile:

I think I will, my gcse score is 22 but I'll get 3 extra points for my achieved A2 so 25/27 which should be enough to meet threshold :crossedf:
Surprisingly a UKCAT in the high 600s doesn't give a lot of unis to choose from :/
Hi guys, I was just wondering if it would be a smart move for me to apply to cardiff as i'm unsure as to whether i will meet the academic threshold, I have 5A*'s and 6 A's at GCSE but i've got AAA at A2 :/ any advice?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2337
Original post by FlavaFavourFruit
I think I will, my gcse score is 22 but I'll get 3 extra points for my achieved A2 so 25/27 which should be enough to meet threshold :crossedf:
Surprisingly a UKCAT in the high 600s doesn't give a lot of unis to choose from :/

You would probably meet the threshold then :smile: with high 600s you could apply to the ones that take a holistic approach to the application. (Ie UEA, Aberdeen etc :smile: ) and there is also Glasgow that don't have such a high cut off score (around 650)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2338
Original post by flyingfoetus27
Hi guys, I was just wondering if it would be a smart move for me to apply to cardiff as i'm unsure as to whether i will meet the academic threshold, I have 5A*'s and 6 A's at GCSE but i've got AAA at A2 :/ any advice?

You have the necessary stats and they use the achieved a level grades on a sliding scale so your in a strong position. But personally, I would double check with Cardiff. Don't risk anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys,
Does anyone know if Sheffield accept applications from reapplicants? I applied there last year and want to again but I obviously won't if it's going to be a waste of a choice. Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending