The Student Room Group

Girl Gamers

Hello,

Is there any more girl gamers out there?

I'm a girl gamer and most people seem shocked when I tell them as if its not natural because I don't 'look or act like one'. Would be nice to be able to talk to people who don't judge because I don't look or act like a stereotypical gamer.

Anyone else coming across this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Oh for ****'s sake.

The last Girl Gamer attention-seeking thread just left, and now it feels word-for-word another one pops up, almost like it's just the same person over and over again. Now there's going be hundreds of lonely boys filling this thread with gushing and "lol! lol!" replies to anything a female says, inexplicably gaining 500 posts in 48 hours.
Original post by ozzyoscy
Oh for ****'s sake.

The last Girl Gamer attention-seeking thread just left, and now it feels word-for-word another one pops up, almost like it's just the same person over and over again. Now there's going be hundreds of lonely boys filling this thread with gushing and "lol! lol!" replies to anything a female says, inexplicably gaining 500 posts in 48 hours.

No need to be so menstrual.. maybe just a thread for people that have things in common? Ok yes there are some attention-seekers out there but still, calm down :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Flobie
No need to be so menstrual..

:biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Yep I'm a girl gamer. Not a very good one but a girl gamer all the same.
Original post by Reckless13
Hello,

Is there any more girl gamers out there?

I'm a girl gamer and most people seem shocked when I tell them as if its not natural because I don't 'look or act like one'. Would be nice to be able to talk to people who don't judge because I don't look or act like a stereotypical gamer.

Anyone else coming across this?

Yupp, no one reacts overly shocked or anything, but it's more of a "huh, I didn't expect that" haha :tongue:

Quite a lot of my female friends are also gamers, I don't think it's that uncommon really
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
you girls , i find , come to US shocked.. that we should be shocked. I met a girl gamer quite recently.. who didnt talk to us much and when we poked her for it ( not realising she is in fact a girl gamer ) she was like CUZ IM A GIRL. I think all 12 of us guys in that lobby literally paused for a few seconds , and replied SO ?

Dont know why being a GIRL gamer is a big thing.. just being a gamer is nice enough :wink:
Reply 7
Does playing Candy Crush make me gamer? :wink: :wink: LOL joke joke XD. I love playing Halo 4 even though I'm **** LOL.
Reply 8
Original post by eXemp
you girls , i find , come to US shocked.. that we should be shocked. I met a girl gamer quite recently.. who didnt talk to us much and when we poked her for it ( not realising she is in fact a girl gamer ) she was like CUZ IM A GIRL. I think all 12 of us guys in that lobby literally paused for a few seconds , and replied SO ?

Dont know why being a GIRL gamer is a big thing.. just being a gamer is nice enough :wink:

This is what I was thinking. I said previously that this thread comes up word-for-word, which is suspicious and makes me think they're just lying, not least because guys don't care. (Any reaction from a guy would be a private message with cringeworthy attempts at flirting and/or a picture of their penis enclosed, not one of surprise)

It's not like girls are famous for lying. :awesome:
Reply 9
Do you really think someone would do that? Just ... just go on the internet and tell lies? Man. :frown:

That said, I've played games for - gosh, almost two decades now. I suspect I lose a few hardcore points for declining to go onto Xbox live (Do I really want to be called racial slurs by 12 year olds? I don't think so.), but whatever. I game because I enjoy it. It is interesting that it's more mainstream and I do miss some of the 'omg game is WEIRD' days. But more people are happier that way and I'm cool with it.
Original post by thechibi
Do you really think someone would do that? Just ... just go on the internet and tell lies? Man. :frown:

That said, I've played games for - gosh, almost two decades now. I suspect I lose a few hardcore points for declining to go onto Xbox live (Do I really want to be called racial slurs by 12 year olds? I don't think so.), but whatever. I game because I enjoy it. It is interesting that it's more mainstream and I do miss some of the 'omg game is WEIRD' days. But more people are happier that way and I'm cool with it.

You should do what I do with Xbox live, go on with a few friends in a party and just mute the other players :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
This is what I was thinking. I said previously that this thread comes up word-for-word, which is suspicious and makes me think they're just lying, not least because guys don't care. (Any reaction from a guy would be a private message with cringeworthy attempts at flirting and/or a picture of their penis enclosed, not one of surprise)

It's not like girls are famous for lying. :awesome:

dat final statement. Here. Take the internets ! :biggrin:
Reply 12
Are you one of those girls who claims they're a girl gamer because they play Call of Duty or Halo? Because that won't get you very far here.
Reply 13
How does one 'look or act' like a gamer? :rolleyes: Stop making such a big deal out of it. 'ERMAGERD I'M A GIRL WHO PLAY GAMES!!!111one' You enjoy gaming, cool! Stop caring what others think.
Reply 14
Original post by eliza.anne
How does one 'look or act' like a gamer? :rolleyes: Stop making such a big deal out of it. 'ERMAGERD I'M A GIRL WHO PLAY GAMES!!!111one' You enjoy gaming, cool! Stop caring what others think.

this. Most of the gamers out there would be happy enough to have met another gamer... they wont care what gender you are.
Reply 15
This thread sounds attention-craving. Do you actually think because you're a girl and you play the likes of Grand Theft Auto V or Call Of Duty, you are entitled to attention from every guy?
Reply 16
Original post by eXemp

Exactly, if only everyone has that attitude but they don't!

Original post by ThoughtIsFree
Yupp, no one reacts overly shocked or anything, but it's more of a "huh, I didn't expect that" haha :tongue:

Quite a lot of my female friends are also gamers, I don't think it's that uncommon really

Where are you all hiding?! haha - I know 1 who lives miles and miles away

Oh for ****'s sake.

Not digging for attention. I said 'Would be nice to be able to talk to people who don't judge because I don't look or act like a stereotypical gamer.'

That is all, what is wrong with wanting to meet people who have the same interests as me but don't judge?

Original post by CJKay
Are you one of those girls who claims they're a girl gamer because they play Call of Duty or Halo? Because that won't get you very far here.

Nopes I play League of Legends, PokeMMO, Skyrim, GTA the list goes on ...

Original post by eliza.anne

Like I said I just want to meet other people with similar interests. If I wanted to be like 'ERMAGERD I'M A GIRL WHO PLAY GAMES!!!111' - i would of worded this a hell of a lot differently.

Original post by Ndella
This thread sounds attention-craving. Do you actually think because you're a girl and you play the likes of Grand Theft Auto V or Call Of Duty, you are entitled to attention from every guy?

Never asked for attention of every guy?
Reply 17
Original post by Reckless13

Never asked for attention of every guy?

It's just that I've seen soo many threads like this with the op asking guys if they like girl gamers (when clearly they do). I'm sure you're not like this, I think just seeing another thread pushed me over the edge lol
Reply 18
Original post by Ndella
It's just that I've seen soo many threads like this with the op asking guys if they like girl gamers (when clearly they do). I'm sure you're not like this, I think just seeing another thread pushed me over the edge lol

Haha no problem, I've literally just signed up and not seen any posts like this and this is one of my first posts and I feel like deleted it already haha. Hate mail heading my way haha.
Reply 19
lol u girls do not play the video games :confused: :confused: :confused: xDD

Latest