The Student Room Group

2014 Medicine Re-Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2400
Original post by Dr.Ugs
Thats good! Keele is an amazing med school. Still my favorite!

And I cant reapply as I was rejected post interview :frown: They have a policy regarding reapplicants

Ah, well good luck with your other choices
Reply 2401

Thanks, Ive seen that but how would you know if you meet the contextual boxes and your school is a poorly performing school
Reply 2402
Original post by MX123
Ah, well good luck with your other choices

same to you :smile: Where else are you applying? What was your UKCAT?:rolleyes:
Reply 2403
Original post by AhmedDavid
Thanks, Ive seen that but how would you know if you meet the contextual boxes and your school is a poorly performing school

you will know if your school is under performing when you see that it has 0% of pupils achieving ABB/AAB or above in 2012.

whats your college name? I will have a look for you if you want :smile:
Reply 2404
Original post by Dr.Ugs
same to you :smile: Where else are you applying? What was your UKCAT?:rolleyes:

Barts, Aberdeen, Exeter

720 wbu?
Reply 2405
Original post by Dr.Ugs
you will know if your school is under performing when you see that it has 0% of pupils achieving ABB/AAB or above in 2012.

whats your college name? I will have a look for you if you want :smile:

High school - All Hallows RC Business, enterprise & sports college

College - Salford city college
Reply 2406
Original post by MX123
Barts, Aberdeen, Exeter

720 wbu?

Nice :cool: Well done on the score :smile:

707.5 Hull york, Manchester, UEA and Durham :colone:
Reply 2407
Original post by AhmedDavid
High school - All Hallows RC Business, enterprise & sports college

College - Salford city college

Your college is definitely better than mine but still seems under performing. Your high school seems to be populated by those from disadvantaged back grounds too. (unis infer this from the amount of students eligible to free school meals and it states "HIGH" )

Manchester have PDF with a list of all the schools that would meet the WP flag criteria which shows whether it is underperforming or not. It seems to be unavailable on their website today but do check on a later date if you need to. Call your choices up too :smile:

Here is a link to Manchester's WP flag page. The schools information document is not up yet (probably needed updating)

http://www.manchester.ac.uk/undergraduate/howtoapply/afteryouapply/assessment/contextual-data/
Reply 2408
Original post by mcollin1
I applied last year and got a post-interview rejection, I heard somewhere that you can't re apply if you were rejected post interview? :frown:

I haven't seen anywhere that you can't re-apply for entry through Newcastle if you were rejected post interview. Definitely ring them up ASAP because if you can re-apply to them they would be a good choice because you've been through the interview process before and could be better prepared for it. :smile:
I just had a 10 minute blackout where I live!!!! Anyone else have a blackout??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SuziieB
I just had a 10 minute blackout where I live!!!! Anyone else have a blackout??

Posted from TSR Mobile

You entertain me :lol: I'm in the capital :bl:
Original post by FlavaFavourFruit
You entertain me :lol: I'm in the capital :bl:

Not fair! No one cares about us who live in the outskirts lol. Have you ever been in a blackout? I've been in about 3 in almost 6 years...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2412
Original post by SuziieB
Not fair! No one cares about us who live in the outskirts lol. Have you ever been in a blackout? I've been in about 3 in almost 6 years...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh lol, when I first read your post I thought you meant you blacked out (as in you fainted, because of the stress of the medical cycle for 10 minutes :tongue: an actual blackout must be pretty scary :frown:) wow, never been in one myself but then again like FlavaFavourFruit, I'm also in London.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by SuziieB

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha :tongue:
i forgot my best friends name once when I was introducing him to someone, it was so embarrassing! I remember being very nervous though :lolwut:

Original post by PG593
Oh lol, when I first read your post I thought you meant you blacked out (as in you fainted because of the stress of the medical cycle for 10 minutes :tongue:) wow, never been in one myself but like FlavourFruit, I'm also in London.

Hahahaha stress of the medical cycle! Might as well hibernate! :afraid:
Original post by PG593
Oh lol, when I first read your post I thought you meant you blacked out (as in you fainted, because of the stress of the medical cycle for 10 minutes :tongue: an actual blackout must be pretty scary :frown:) wow, never been in one myself but then again like FlavaFavourFruit, I'm also in London.

I live in London too but 10 minutes from Heathrow :tongue: I guess we can afford to have blackouts where we live as there's not much going on here...we don't even have a train station close by :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2415
Original post by SuziieB
I live in London too but 10 minutes from Heathrow :tongue: I guess we can afford to have blackouts where we live as there's not much going on here...we don't even have a train station close by :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww no :frown: is it really noisy being so close to Heathrow? Well hopefully when you get into med school, you can leave those blackout days behind :biggrin:
Original post by PG593
Aww no :frown: is it really noisy being so close to Heathrow? Well hopefully when you get into med school, you can leave those blackout days behind :biggrin:

Well I'm hoping for Exeter, don't know if there might be more blackouts lol, all I saw in Devon was grass and sheep :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2417
Original post by SuziieB
Well I'm hoping for Exeter, don't know if there might be more blackouts lol, all I saw in Devon was grass and sheep :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well so am I haha, so we can endure the blackout together in a field of sheep :tongue: I can make a fire, you just supply the marshmallows :redface:
Original post by PG593
Well so am I haha, so we can endure the blackout together in a field of sheep :tongue: I can make a fire, you just supply the marshmallows :redface:

This sounds like a vet med's dream!

That sounds cool, as long as the sheep don't eat all the marshmallows :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys how do UCAS know you are not plagiarising yourself? Ive basically got one line that I took from my old PS, my username last year was different by one letter because I decided to include Singh (my middle name) in the process of signing up this year. So will they still know it is me? :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending