The Student Room Group

Impatience! When do I apply for university Sept 2014

I have chosen what universities I would like to apply to, the courses and I am half way through finishing my access course. I am due to be moderated in June next year, ready for September intake. When do I start to apply? I hear the deadline is on the 15th January according to UCAS website, or am I wrong? Information please! Many thanks. :smile:
Yep, prior to the January 15th deadline. Try to get it all done before Christmas though - brinkmanship is not a recommended tactic for uni admissions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by paula92xo
I have chosen what universities I would like to apply to, the courses and I am half way through finishing my access course. I am due to be moderated in June next year, ready for September intake. When do I start to apply? I hear the deadline is on the 15th January according to UCAS website, or am I wrong? Information please! Many thanks. :smile:

Yep January 15th is the deadline. You can apply from now until then. As above, it's better to try and get it done before January so that you aren't in a rush at the last minute trying to send it off.
You should also check with your college to see if they have an internal deadline. Someone from your college will act as your referee, so they need time to write their part of the statement. If they have to write a lot of references, then they may set a deadline before January so they have time to do this.

It would be a good idea to start work on your personal statement now, as this is the most time consuming part of the application process.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending