The Student Room Group

Pharmacy at Brighton

Just wondering if anyone studying an MPharm degree at Brighton University would be able to give me any advice. I'd really love to study there and if I were to get an offer I would firm immediately:smile:
Could anyone give me any tips and advice on what I could include in my personal statement that would is key to getting into brighton eg. their ethos or a particular module that they focus on a lot.
Cheers
Reply 1
Original post by hd37
Just wondering if anyone studying an MPharm degree at Brighton University would be able to give me any advice. I'd really love to study there and if I were to get an offer I would firm immediately:smile:
Could anyone give me any tips and advice on what I could include in my personal statement that would is key to getting into brighton eg. their ethos or a particular module that they focus on a lot.
Cheers

Hey, I would not try and focus on a university to ensure that you get in. But you could contact the admission's tutor and ask what key things they look for in a personal statement?

In general, the key thing in pharmacy for me is that it is becoming more clinical and this has already opened up the path for more responsibilities for pharmacists .e.g. independent and supplementary prescribing. When I studied at Brighton, they were definitely clinically-focused and a lot of my year ended up applying for hospital pre-reg. I personally went for Brighton because I wanted to go into hospital pharmacy and so I knew that their course was suited for me.
Reply 2
Hello
Best advice is really on this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4qzLiBDvKk
All the best

Quick Reply

Latest