The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

UCAS application has being sent! I assume my referee will write/has written the reference and it will probably be actually sent by Wednesday or Thursday.

Now all I've got to do is wait :moon:
Reply 4461
Original post by mm14
I don't think it's that crazy, if he upped his AS grades by one then it'd be A*AA which isn't impossible

Crazy in regards to the leniency demonstrated by his school. I got A's and B's yet for some reason my college are determined to predict me one lower for each subject
Reply 4462
Original post by diggy
Crazy in regards to the leniency demonstrated by his school. I got A's and B's yet for some reason my college are determined to predict me one lower for each subject

Mine predict the same or 1 above
Is there any point in applying for a course I'm about 99% sure I won't get an offer for? :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by keromedic
U're up a bit early!

Fair enough :biggrin:. I guess you have more to be concerned with as you're actually applying this year! Are you doing the BMAT at your school/college?

Haha, I always get up at around 6:30ish :tongue:

Indeed, sooo much work :sigh: Yup, doing the BMAT at my school :yep:
Original post by Lucy96
Is there any point in applying for a course I'm about 99% sure I won't get an offer for? :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think that's what I'm gonna do... Where at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by usycool1
Haha, I always get up at around 6:30ish :tongue:

Indeed, sooo much work :sigh: Yup, doing the BMAT at my school :yep:

Ah fair enough, I awoke to do some biology. We're currently doing intensive farming which isn't as dull as you'd imagine but still not very relevant to the biology I'm interested in.
I might post my CDs (not the disk) on here at the end of yr 13 for the people who want to stay in contact :biggrin:.
Reply 4467
Predictions finally sorted, personal statement pretty much there...

Just gotta finalise a few details and ready to send :smile:
Original post by furryface12
Think that's what I'm gonna do... Where at?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, Exeter for evolutionary biology. The main issue is that it's clear from my personal statement it won't be my first choice as it's much more focused on evolutionary/biological anthropology. However it is heavily centred around evolution so that's why I'm going for it haha. Plus my chemistry AS grade doesn't exactly help :tongue:

You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Robbie242
UCAS application has being sent! I assume my referee will write/has written the reference and it will probably be actually sent by Wednesday or Thursday.

Now all I've got to do is wait :moon:

20 warns again brah? I think he deserves tsr badman award :wink:

Good luck with the ucas and all!
Out of curiosity, what careers are you guys thinking of?
Hi guys I need help...
In AS level I messed up really bad and I'm left with Chemistry (E), Biology(E) and maths statistics(E)
I really really really want to become a doctor but seen as I dropped maths stats for a modern foreign language (now predicted B for A2) and my chemistry teacher isn't making my life easy and predicting me an E and the same with biology means the chances of getting into biomedical science Is ruined help me what shall I do

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by techno836
ahh okay thankyou :biggrin:

best hit this essay hard now :frown:

Took them about 4days to reply to my query

Original post by furryface12
When even is eid? But doubt it, never heard if schools being off specifically for it though tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick econ questions guys :biggrin:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2485536&p=44742256#post44742256
Original post by Prittybee
Hi guys I need help...
In AS level I messed up really bad and I'm left with Chemistry (E), Biology(E) and maths statistics(E)
I really really really want to become a doctor but seen as I dropped maths stats for a modern foreign language (now predicted B for A2) and my chemistry teacher isn't making my life easy and predicting me an E and the same with biology means the chances of getting into biomedical science Is ruined help me what shall I do

Posted from TSR Mobile

Retake year 12?
Retake year 12?

I don't want to do that because I'm going to resit modules which is another reason that I disagree with all my predicted grades at the moment

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Prittybee
I don't want to do that because I'm going to resit modules which is another reason that I disagree with all my predicted grades at the moment

Posted from TSR Mobile

Concentrate on nailing your A-Levels this year then and take a gap year and apply then instead? :smile:
Original post by Lucy96
Out of curiosity, what careers are you guys thinking of?

banking/finance/research/statistics atm
Original post by Blueray2
20 warns again brah? I think he deserves tsr badman award :wink:

Good luck with the ucas and all!

Haha, when I was unbanned it automatically had 20 warns :tongue: and thanks ? xP

Thanks, you too!

Re: Economics help, I actually don't know, I think if you drew TR and MR on the graph it a line through the point where MR=0 and TR curve as normal, crossing at a max I suppose?

All I know is that when MC=MR the level of output is the profit maximising level of output

Original post by Pandora

Original post by L'evilfish

Original post by mynameisntbobk

Is it crazy that part of a small (5%) part of me wants to self study ASs in physics, electronics and computing this year?
Reply 4479
Original post by Lucy96

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is always a 1% chance
Original post by keromedic
Ah fair enough, I awoke to do some biology. We're currently doing intensive farming which isn't as dull as you'd imagine but still not very relevant to the biology I'm interested in.
I might post my CDs (not the disk) on here at the end of yr 13 for the people who want to stay in contact :biggrin:.

And I had to read it twice to realise what you meant by CDs:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile