The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by sophieabigail27
Hi, so I am asking for some feedback - my AS results were poor (CCD) but I have been predicted BBC as they we'll all on the verge of the next grade up and I am resitting a module in each. But my top choice is Liverpool who are asking for BBB - what is the likelihood of getting an offer? (I am also taking EPQ and have a few extra curricular activities for personal statement!)

Depends on the course really.

But having 1 or 2 BBB isn't really a major problem. If you have a good set of applications, they may even call you up for an interview to 'differentiate' between the last few candidates. Usually your referee will mention how your AS wasn't your full best and may go onto a small amount of detail, how you can do better than BBC
Subject?
Original post by returnmigrant
Subject?

criminology :smile:
All you can do is apply and keep your fingers crossed. No-one here can give you anything like a guarantee of an offer. A great deal will depend on the strength of your PS and in particular your referees comments about your academic potential and a convincing reason why your AS grades were low/predicted A2s higher.

Just make sure your other choices are more realistic so you have some good fall back options in case LP dont make an offer. and remember, if they do make you an offer, it will be BBB. Can you really get those grades - be honest with yourself.
Yeah I think I can get them - I had some personal issues last year and I was in hospital around the time of exams which didn't exactly help! My teachers know this and are mentioning on my reference I think. I have 2 @ BBB, 2 @ BBC and 1@ BCC - does that sound ok?
Original post by sophieabigail27
I have 2 @ BBB, 2 @ BBC and 1@ BCC - does that sound ok?

Looks like sensible range of grade requirements.

Good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending